The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #261
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by tone-master21 View Post
For anyone looking to get the set cheap DVD Empire has it on sale til Monday for $54.99.

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_ite...tem_id=1626795
I stumbled onto that this morning and took advantage of it. It's the best price I've seen so far.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:54 AM   #262
GodzFire
Hench Mutant

That's where I am getting it from then. I sold off all my old sets since I stopped buying around season 6 or 7 due to finally getting too pissed off at Lionsgate for crapping on my childhood with the terrible caliber of releases. The money I made from the auction should help to just about pay for this whole thing.
GodzFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:28 PM   #263
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodzFire View Post
That's where I am getting it from then. I sold off all my old sets since I stopped buying around season 6 or 7 due to finally getting too pissed off at Lionsgate for crapping on my childhood with the terrible caliber of releases. The money I made from the auction should help to just about pay for this whole thing.
I bought all of the individual sets but I decided to sell them on eBay so I could get the complete series set. I know I'm already going to get more than enough money to get it, but I'm surprised that people would be willing to shell out so much money for the individual sets.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #264
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
I bought all of the individual sets but I decided to sell them on eBay so I could get the complete series set. I know I'm already going to get more than enough money to get it, but I'm surprised that people would be willing to shell out so much money for the individual sets.
How much are the individual sets going for? I may sell mine.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:45 PM   #265
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Cool!! I just watched Planet of the Turtleoids and it seems to have more scenes than the two part episode encode I've had for years/ Then again, I haven't seen the full version since it aired.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #266
sdp
-

Well this release is the same as the individual releases a half assed cash grab by Lionsgate, they don't care enough to include stuff for the hardcore fan but because it's a boxset they'll get enough hardcore fans and get plenty of fans who didn't get the individual releases. The same way the individual releases were cheap releases for little kids that also appealed to enough hardcore fans to get them. Comparing them to other shows is irrelevant since other shows were indeed aimed at other people.

Maybe one day Lionsgate will have a better release for the show, if a new movie happens and the Nick show continues it very well may happen sooner rather than later. I do think another physical release will definitely be aimed and targeted with more collectors in mind.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:23 AM   #267
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
How much are the individual sets going for? I may sell mine.
I'm selling my individual sets together, and not separately. I won't say what my highest bid currently is though, but you should be able to get a decent amount of money selling them.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:58 AM   #268
Chuquison
Thug

I just got my set and noticed that on disc one its in order for the first maybe 4 episodes then its starts showing some epidsodes from a series I didnt watch, it was a mutation series I guess. I bought this because I wanted to show my newphews what cartoons I watched growing up
Chuquison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:20 PM   #269
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuquison View Post
I just got my set and noticed that on disc one its in order for the first maybe 4 episodes then its starts showing some episodes from a series I didn't watch. It was a mutation series I guess. I bought this because I wanted to show my nephews what cartoons I watched growing up.
Are you sure that they weren't the four episodes from season 10 that would be bonus features on that disc?
Old 11-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #270
zodiac brave
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Are you sure that they weren't the four episodes from season 10 that would be bonus features on that disc?
prolly that. on my version (which is the individual set) they play automatically when i select play all episodes.

zodiac brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #271
cammy85
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiac brave View Post
prolly that. on my version (which is the individual set) they play automatically when i select play all episodes.
LOL, that was the first thing I checked after opening the box. My only pet peeve is that all nine episodes play as one chapter, so I have to fast forward or scroll past the opening credits. Not fun for a DVD-ROM drive.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:12 PM   #272
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Now that I've got my set, you can see a little review I did on it in the Latest DVD and Blu-ray Purchases thread.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...postcount=2646
Old 11-27-2012, 05:08 PM   #273
CyberCubed
Overlord

Its a decent release but the fact that they didn't even bother to reformat the DVDs to put the two skipped eps back where they belong rather than leaving them on the Season 10 disc reeks of laziness.

Also too bad we wouldn't get the Turtle Tip shorts on this release, I would have rebought it just for that.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:11 PM   #274
Stingray69
Stone Warrior

I all ready have all the DVDs but I don't care after Christmas I'm buying this its to cool.

Looking to buy old Kool aid flavors no longer produced.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #275
Hardshell
Foot Soldier

I thought this was totally worth it. I sold off my DVDs for $60 and managed to pick up the set for $79.99 retail and ended up paying just over $20 in total. A total steal! A great purchase and I'm so glad to have this set now. I never liked all the different packaging for the different volumes and how cumbersome it looked on the shelf. Problem solved here.
Hardshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #276
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

My wife got this for me for Christmas. Can't wait to watch it then with my little one!
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #277
Cipher
Foot Elite

So, my fiancee was nice enough to get me this for Christmas. Finally hauled it out to watch a couple episodes tonight.

Is anyone else not a fan of the packaging? It looks slick, but I'm worried as hell every time I take the discs out. I feel like the readable side of disc 23 is going to get nicked every time I take the lid on and off, and it's way too easy to scratch the back of the disc in front of whichever one you're taking out. I have most, but not all, of the volume/season releases as back-ups, but yikes. The fact that there's nowhere to put the booklet in the actual case kind of bothers me as well.

Am I just being overly cautious? On a related note, what's my easiest option if I want to get 23 discs into one or several conventional DVD cases/fat packs? Any purchase suggestions?

Last edited by Cipher; 12-27-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:23 PM   #278
CyberCubed
Overlord

The packaging is one of the main reasons I decided not to get the Turtle Van boxset. I already have all 10 seasons in the individual releases, and since they didn't even bother to put the skipped episodes on the Season 5 disc, (you have to take out the Season 10 DVD to watch "Planet of the Turtleoids" and "Once upon a time machine" for example), I decided not to bother.

From what I've heard others with the Turtle Van boxset don't seem to have any problems so far though, so maybe its just all in our heads.

I've been rewatching the OT in its proper order and am up to the tail-end of Season 4 now, it amazes me that Season 4 is a lot better than I remembered it being. Even if it was the start of all those crazy mad scientist episodes.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:28 PM   #279
zodiac brave
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
So, my fiancee was nice enough to get me this for Christmas. Finally hauled it out to watch a couple episodes tonight.

Is anyone else not a fan of the packaging? It looks slick, but I'm worried as hell every time I take the discs out. I feel like the readable side of disc 23 is going to get nicked every time I take the lid on and off, and it's way too easy to scratch the back of the disc in front of whichever one you're taking out. I have most, but not all, of the volume/season releases as back-ups, but yikes. The fact that there's nowhere to put the booklet in the actual case kind of bothers me as well.

Am I just being overly cautious? On a related note, what's my easiest option if I want to get 23 discs into one or several conventional DVD cases/fat packs? Any purchase suggestions?
why not try a cd wallet? super cheap and easy to store. depending on the style/size, you can prolly even keep the booklet in it.

zodiac brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:02 AM   #280
HotJuicyBurgers
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishmile View Post
I'm new here.... AND an asshole... (dances out of room)
I think I will be saving this gif... Lol

http://bootd.wordpress.com/
HotJuicyBurgers is offline   Reply With Quote