Notices

Old 06-29-2014, 11:35 PM   #81
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
agreed, lol

Sad note say TF today and still no trailer at my local theater

Its starting to tick me off. And i know its the theater specifically cuz the one up the road( 45 mins away) has it showing so its just frustrating i just want to see the gosh durn trailer on my big screen

rant over
I only saw the third trailer, but I did want to see the 4th one because it actually has Raphael making a sentence in it.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:36 PM   #82
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Why? I don't feel bad for not liking the faces, nor do I feel bad for liking the Transformers looks, despite what the internet tells us either way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
In this case, I'm in complete agreement with Cubed re the faces just putting the "ugh" in ugly. I was saying to Snake earlier today that I can cope with them not being "cutesy" Turtles, but these are really far in the opposite direction. Raph and Leo are the ones that I'm having the most difficult time with... but maybe I'll feel differently after the movie.

And Xiewin, don't feel bad - opinions are pretty widely divided on the designs, it's nothing to feel bad about, I promise.
Thanks guys
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:45 PM   #83
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
Thanks guys
say what you will about the designs but the execution is phenomenal Seriously how can anyone think they didn't rock this out the skin texture to the shading and coloring in the hd poster you can zoom in so far the fabric looks so real the leather looks just amazing

Little details like leos having sweat drip down his forehead, The tiny little scares on each of the turtles just GUH i LOVE IT

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:50 PM   #84
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
I try to. Oh dear, can you imagine this place come August 8th? It might be safer to go over to Superhero hype or IMDb when that date comes.
It'll be... interesting. I dunno, the movie section has been much more enjoyable of late though - maybe it'll stick.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:04 AM   #85
Electric
Epic Hiatus

Quote:
say what you will about the designs but the execution is phenomenal Seriously how can anyone think they didn't rock this out the skin texture to the shading and coloring in the hd poster you can zoom in so far the fabric looks so real the leather looks just amazing

Little details like leos having sweat drip down his forehead, The tiny little scares on each of the turtles just GUH i LOVE IT
This^

They look so real, as real as mutant turtles could be. And how much
emotion they can show is incredible.

Overall, yeah the designs are different and they are by no means adorable turtles, but I like this more dark, gritty, realistic turtles that can actually do more than just move their eyes and open their mouths
Old 06-30-2014, 12:11 AM   #86
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

Quote:

I love the designs too, but I feel like its one of the main reason that the movie has the possibility of bombing really HARD. I have talked to a ton of people who don't want to even see it simply because of how the turtles look. If it's really turning that many people away then maybe they should have taken a different route with it. I understand if they worked extremely hard on it and everything, but if people don't like what they see then they are not going to see it.

I really don't know that's just from what I've seen, Im not sure what might happen in August but I am starting to have doubts about how well this movie will do in the box office..

edit: I love everything about this movie, but im just so worried that it will fail
Old 06-30-2014, 12:52 AM   #87
arkangel
Hench Mutant

Given how far movies have advanced as far as technology, I imagine a lot of the turtles' facial designs were necessary in order to show their emotional nuances in a believable way. I'm not saying I'm a fan of the nostrils, but muppet heads wouldn't fly either. To be honest, I rather enjoyed the 3rd trailer as it gave us a better look at how much work obviously went into the CGI performances, especially Mikey. As for everything else, I'll reserve all judgement (good and bad) until I see the movie in it's entirety with my own eyes. Not sure how else to make an informed opinion.

Cybercube walks into a private studio meeting....
Studio exec 1 - who the f are you??
CC - I'm cybercubed and I'm here to fix this s#it you call a movie.
Studio exec 2 - but the movie isn't even out yet. How do you know you won't like it.
CC - look... it's pretty clear we have a train wreck already. Bay you're out..
Micheal Bay - "Sweet Jesus. Are you the guy that actually sent 10,000 emails? Someone call security."
CC - 10, 257 Mr. Bay and I think it's rude that you won't answer your bedroom window when I'm knocking. Now, where was I? Oh, ya. I'm offering to take whatever garbage you have so far and see what I can do to salvage it.
Studio exec 3 - omfg.. who are you? You think you can just completely remake a movie????
CC - um.. well, no not personally. I'm trying to find a fellow dromer with the mad skillz whose willing to talk to me. I'm a thinker, not a do-oer pal. By the way..... love the suit.
arkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:12 AM   #88
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkangel View Post
Cybercube walks into a private studio meeting....
Studio exec 1 - who the f are you??
CC - I'm cybercubed and I'm here to fix this s#it you call a movie.
Studio exec 2 - but the movie isn't even out yet. How do you know you won't like it.
CC - look... it's pretty clear we have a train wreck already. Bay you're out..
Micheal Bay - "Sweet Jesus. Are you the guy that actually sent 10,000 emails? Someone call security."
CC - 10, 257 Mr. Bay and I think it's rude that you won't answer your bedroom window when I'm knocking. Now, where was I? Oh, ya. I'm offering to take whatever garbage you have so far and see what I can do to salvage it.
Studio exec 3 - omfg.. who are you? You think you can just completely remake a movie????
CC - um.. well, no not personally. I'm trying to find a fellow dromer with the mad skillz whose willing to talk to me. I'm a thinker, not a do-oer pal. By the way..... love the suit.

But you left out the bit where Cubed calls them casuals and tells them that white Shredder has traumatized him.

Yeah Sam, I'll give you this - the detail in terms of the texture of their skin is amazing, and the CG itself is top-notch... I mean, I actually believe that Leo is really standing there threatening Megan Fox. And the sweat-drop was a good touch.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
Old 06-30-2014, 03:39 AM   #89
Walkabout
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Truth. If they would just digitally remove those goddamn nostrils and the noses, I'd be more excited for the movie.

The Turtles faces are just so god awful. I too can deal with them wearing clothing and being bigger and bulkier....but their goddamn faces. I mean they look like Shrek and Hulk had a love child.
Right on.

I know it's the cool thing to poo poo any post or idea by CyberCubed but I share a lot of his concerns and dislikes about this movie.
The fact I can't bear to look at the TMNT's faces is just a little disconcerting.

R.I.P. Dave Brockie A.K.A. Oderus Urungus
None But The Brave
Walkabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 04:29 AM   #90
pennydreadful
trash

Oh hell, I agree with Cubed on a fair few issues... and respect to the dude, he's got an incredible amount of knowledge about the TMNT-verse, and you can't fault his passion. I just can't always get a read on whether he's being serious, or if he's just messing with people to get a reaction (which, if he is, props to him for getting results).

But Cubed, any jokes/teasing on my part are totally good-natured. You're an important part of the rich tapestry that makes up the forums here, and part of why it's so fun.

Old 06-30-2014, 06:34 AM   #91
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

I would have respected him a little more if he didnt refer the people who want to see this movie as casuals. Or because of the fact he wanted the movie to bomb because he disliked the designs of it.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:57 AM   #92
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Quote:
I doubt the Turtles will have more than 30 minutes of total screentime in the film. Remember there is a large chunk of this film you won't even see them.
And I'm guessing you've seen this film, since you say that as if it's a fact.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:20 AM   #93
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

When the new movie comes out there'll be an avalanche of new members. I'm hoping CyberCubed will have the decency to not call them filthy casuals and chase them away with threads like these.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:31 AM   #94
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
When the new movie comes out there'll be an avalanche of new members. I'm hoping CyberCubed will have the decency to not call them filthy casuals and chase them away with threads like these.
10 bucks says he won't
Old 06-30-2014, 02:22 PM   #95
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
I would have respected him a little more if he didnt refer the people who want to see this movie as casuals. Or because of the fact he wanted the movie to bomb because he disliked the designs of it.
I can understand why he wants this. He dislikes the designs so much, that he is afraid we will be stuck with them from here on out if the movie is a success. He's just going by TMNT's own history. The changes that were fine by fans were hits. Colored bandanas, the Turtles loving pizza, the surfing slang for Mikey. The changes that the fans hated rightfully flopped. Venus. Fast Forward.

I don't want the movie to really flop, but I do seriously hope that the studio gets some feedback from audiences who are I hope just as not amused by the new features as Cube, me and a few others, and just go back to a more traditional look for the Turtles. That's all. If it takes the TMNT a dip in the BO to get this done, then so be it.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:39 PM   #96
voltron80
Banned

Quote:
So we know how sometimes DVD/blu-ray releases of movies have special editions where scenes are entirely different, characters are changed, or lines added? Or what George Lucas does to Star Wars?

In order to salvage this TMNT movie, aside from a standard release of this movie that's expected, I propose a "special edition for TMNT fans" version.

This release will fill all the oddities and mishaps of the movie and be a directors cut for fans - by fans.

I propose the following:

1. A CG reimagining of the Turtles. While their size probably can't be helped as April and the Foot are reacting to things bigger than them, they can be redesigned with a, "no nostrils" look. In this remaster the nostrils and humanoid noses/faces of the Turtles are completely gone. At least that way they won't be totally hideous to look at. I've already seen good photoshops online with people doing just that.

2. Eric Sachs will be completely rewritten. He won't be Shredder in the film, he'll be Oroku Saki's white counterpart for the NYC branch of the Foot. Eric will constantly say things like, "I better not fail Saki" or, "Oroku Saki will have my head if I don't defeat the Turtles."

3. Any plotholes the film might have can be fixed with new lines or added dialogue.

4. Ridiculous scenes of Donnie spinning his bo staff to deflect bullets will be completely cut.

What do you say? Can we salvage this movie by doing a official fan-edit?
voltron80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:48 PM   #97
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Quote:
1. A CG reimagining of the Turtles. While their size probably can't be helped as April and the Foot are reacting to things bigger than them, they can be redesigned with a, "no nostrils" look. In this remaster the nostrils and humanoid noses/faces of the Turtles are completely gone. At least that way they won't be totally hideous to look at. I've already seen good photoshops online with people doing just that.
You seriously have no idea how this works, do you?

Doing all of that requires the original files. And, by your mentioning of Fans doing all of this, then they will have to get hold of the orginal files, edit them, then put them back in the movie.

Trust me, 3D animation is 100 times more complex than Photoshopping.

Bottom line, nothing in this movie needs 'Salvaging' at all for something like a DVD/Blu ray release.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:55 PM   #98
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I can understand why he wants this. He dislikes the designs so much, that he is afraid we will be stuck with them from here on out if the movie is a success. He's just going by TMNT's own history. The changes that were fine by fans were hits. Colored bandanas, the Turtles loving pizza, the surfing slang for Mikey. The changes that the fans hated rightfully flopped. Venus. Fast Forward.

I don't want the movie to really flop, but I do seriously hope that the studio gets some feedback from audiences who are I hope just as not amused by the new features as Cube, me and a few others, and just go back to a more traditional look for the Turtles. That's all. If it takes the TMNT a dip in the BO to get this done, then so be it.
I understand that, but personally me and a few other people really enjoy these designs. I love the fact that they gave them noses, a bigger physique and creepier faces.

You guys has had over 30 years worth of material using the traditional TMNT look, so why can't we just have 1 movie with the designs we like??
Old 06-30-2014, 03:08 PM   #99
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Quote:
I understand that, but personally me and a few other people really enjoy these designs. I love the fact that they gave them noses, a bigger physique and creepier faces.

You guys has had over 30 years worth of material using the traditional TMNT look, so why can't we just have 1 movie with the designs we like??
pluss lets face it even if the movie does amazing doesn't mean they will change ever other version, or subsequent version to look like the movie. i mean coming out of their shells was highly popular doesn't mean they kept those designs

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:13 PM   #100
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:

I dunno. Maybe it's because I just feel me and a few other dire fans who have stood by the Turtles since the 80's, kept them going on despite bumpy roads and heart aches, think it's a slap in the face for being there all of these years, to just take what we loved and known and turn it into something ugly to try and get a new audience in who never appreciated the TMNT as we know it to begin with. If it worked fine for 30 years as it was, why can't it work fine for the next 30 years, as it is?

Tags
live action films