The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 06-12-2016, 09:01 AM   #41
Casey
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
So a punk in the PD section, neatoman, is going about trying to get everyone to think I'm a weirdo because I made a mention of Turtles Forever possibly having something to do with TMNT: Out of the Shadows being a failure, and targeting me for my age.

Dealing with Aspergers I'm used to being labelled like this, but it really does sting when they try to use your odd ideas to paint you in a negative light and try to use it to dismiss your ideas and opinions. Most of us here should not be made to feel like weirdos, we get enough of that just by remaining fans of this franchise.

I've been feeling pretty down since that Youtube singer's murder yesterday, I already got banned from Comicvine for losing my cool with someone and I don't want to go down the same route here.
You would have to act like a total a*#hat to get banned here. You don't seem like the kind of poster to say mean things on here. I'm all for harsh disagreements on here, but I don't get making it personal as to quote someone in another thread just to make fun of them. That's something that a hurt and sad person would do to another just to make themself feel better.
Old 06-12-2016, 02:43 PM   #42
Powder
So tired of this place

This thread is not for choosing sides or questioning someone's character. If you have an issue with a user, ignore and/or report them.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 02:47 PM   #43
snake
Disgusting

Zarius, if I'm not banned yet I don't see how you will.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 02:56 PM   #44
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
He is, but I occasionally catch his quotes from other people here and there.
I mean, not to try to start something, but I've seen you actively seek out and reply to his posts a few times, and recently.

IMO, we've all got enough big, "real life" struggles to deal with that we shouldn't compound the stress in our lives with arguing over movies or TV shows. By all means, debate and defend, that can be a necessary release... but if it's negatively affecting your mood or your life, it's become a hindrance instead. And I've been there more times than I want to admit. I mean, we all probably have.
Old 06-12-2016, 04:42 PM   #45
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
This thread is not for choosing sides or questioning someone's character. If you have an issue with a user, ignore and/or report them.
Word. This isn't a game of dodgeball or a political rally.
Old 08-06-2016, 01:30 PM   #46
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Todays my birthday. I have a ton of people calling and texting me. I just can't bring myself to answer it and I know I'll give them some bs "oh i was having such a crazy time yesterday I didn't have time" tomorrow but in reality i'm just home alone drinking. Bad day I guess. I hate birthdays.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 01:33 PM   #47
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist

Buy some turtle **** for yourself. Its your birthday so treat yourself.
Old 08-06-2016, 01:59 PM   #48
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Todays my birthday. I have a ton of people calling and texting me. I just can't bring myself to answer it and I know I'll give them some bs "oh i was having such a crazy time yesterday I didn't have time" tomorrow but in reality i'm just home alone drinking. Bad day I guess. I hate birthdays.
I'd actually prefer to be alone than with "fake friends." Just sayin.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 02:29 PM   #49
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

I almost never answer birthday messages. Nobody's ever confronted me about it or anything, I just hate answering them all because it's tedious.
Old 08-06-2016, 02:47 PM   #50
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
I'll drink to that
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 05:35 PM   #51
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Still home alone; much more drunk. Got a call from my ex(who I was with for 11 years) and I actually answered. Great idea for my birthday, huh? Looks like I'm digging into the Johnnie Walker Black tonight.
Old 11-27-2017, 04:31 PM   #52
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Old 11-27-2017, 07:10 PM   #53
Sumac
Banned

What I do about my depression?
Not much really. Trying to distract myself with sweets, video games and music.
Sometimes work, sometimes not.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 07:10 PM   #54
Prowler
Emperor

Sometimes I wonder if I have it... perhaps it's best to check in with a therapist before it's too late or something.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 10:35 PM   #55
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
It was never meant to be.
Once you accept that, it makes things easier. It never really gets better, but it at least gets a bit easier.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 10:56 PM   #56
Prowler
Emperor

Who is the most recommended type of therapist for someone who is not sure what if it's wrong with them to see first? A psychologist or a psychiatrist?
Old 11-27-2017, 11:01 PM   #57
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I don't know that it matters, or at least it hasn't in my experience. Some of the best work I've ever done has come with the aid of a counselor.

It's all about finding the right fit.
The trick is to not get discouraged about the process because you may have found yourself in a session with someone who isn't the right fit.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 11:04 PM   #58
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I don't know that it matters, or at least it hasn't in my experience. Some of the best work I've ever done has come with the aid of a counselor.

It's all about finding the right fit.
The trick is to not get discouraged about the process because you may have found yourself in a session with someone who isn't the right fit.
I think if I were to get a therapist or someone to talk to I'd rather have a male one, just in case i end up talking about my sexuality. I figure if my therapist was a heterosexual male he'd find it easier to understand me in that respect.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:16 PM   #59
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I think if I were to get a therapist or someone to talk to I'd rather have a male one, just in case i end up talking about my sexuality. I figure if my therapist was a heterosexual male he'd find it easier to understand me in that respect.
That's certainly something to take into consideration, though I don't know how readily available the sexual orientation of practitioners is where you are.

It's important to make the space as safe for you as possible. The hardest work to be done requires a deep level of honesty and you're just not going to get that and if scenario where you feel you have to be guarded at all times.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 11:19 PM   #60
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
That's certainly something to take into consideration, though I don't know how readily available the sexual orientation of practitioners is where you are.

It's important to make the space as safe for you as possible. The hardest work to be done requires a deep level of honesty and you're just not going to get that and if scenario where you feel you have to be guarded at all times.
Yeah that is a good point. I'ts not like I can go to a therapist office and ask his assistant "btw, is the doctor straight by any chance?" before booking my first appointment with him

But, on the other hand, I think I'd have it an easier time venting to a woman. Dunno if it's some stupid macho pride about "men not talking about their issues with each other or something", but I find it easier to talk about emotional issues and such with a woman.