The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-16-2018, 02:45 PM   #221
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Have you asked Threezero? (Though I get the gist via FB that they are not all that responsive to customer questions these days, so... )

Barring that, maybe see if there are people in your area that restore toys? After all, people who restore the antiques are a thing, so maybe there is someone that will take on other collectables as well?

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-17-2018 at 12:24 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:46 AM   #222
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

I haven't attempted to contact Threezero, but I may give it a shot...just to see.

Hmm, that is a good idea to try and locate someone who might be local. I'll definitely look into it.

Thanks so much for the response. I love my new kittens, but seeing Leo with the chewed on katana kind of killed me inside a little.
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:49 PM   #223
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, I'd have been kind of crushed, too! Esp as I think that figure has two different katanas, right?

Speaking of his swords, while on that topic, how easily do the 2014 figure's swords go into his scabbards?

Just wondering if it takes effort or if they go easy, because this 2016 version I just got yesterday... I can get them maybe 1/3rd of the way in, but beyond that I feel like I'd risk breaking them if I try to force it any more.

Had hoped to display him part of the time with one or both sheathed, but as it stands there is no way. (The display box I just ordered probably won't be tall enough to allow it anyhow, so I guess it's a minor gripe if he spends most of his time in there.)
Old 07-18-2018, 11:22 AM   #224
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

Yes, both katanas are different for the 2014 version.

I recall both of the katanas going in pretty easy for me and I didn't need to use force or do anything special to get them in there.

I'm sorry to hear they are a bit tricky for the 2016 version, but it might be more safe than sorry to keep them unsheathed and have him in a cool stance with both katanas while displayed.

Congrats on your 2016 version! He definitely looks awesome and I was torn on which version to get when I made the purchase a few months ago. Both versions are seriously amazing pieces.
Old 07-18-2018, 02:10 PM   #225
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Thanks! And thanks for the info. Shame there is no fixing that I'm sure, but the important things I worried about (like the eye paint) are perfect so I can't really complain, so he can just hold them. As if Leo wouldn't prefer it anyhow. lol

Although it might be in a relaxed pose for the time being as the case I ordered prob won't have too much room to spare. I did not expect that these Turtles would be hard to find decent display cases for, but I guess most 1:6 humans that that size is made for have got nothing on them. I feel for anyone trying to find a good fit for Raph or Donnie!
Old 07-18-2018, 02:33 PM   #226
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

eBay "1/6 katana" in the action figure section and you'll get a lot of swords up, you might find swords that are similar or at least look good. Searching for Wolfking 1/6 katana gets some really good looking swords, but if the price is too good it's most likely a bootleg
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:27 AM   #227
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Thanks! And thanks for the info. Shame there is no fixing that I'm sure, but the important things I worried about (like the eye paint) are perfect so I can't really complain, so he can just hold them. As if Leo wouldn't prefer it anyhow. lol

Although it might be in a relaxed pose for the time being as the case I ordered prob won't have too much room to spare. I did not expect that these Turtles would be hard to find decent display cases for, but I guess most 1:6 humans that that size is made for have got nothing on them. I feel for anyone trying to find a good fit for Raph or Donnie!
You're most welcome!

I'm sure you'll find a way to display the figure awesomely. Display cases are always good to protect against the elements, pets and children. Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
eBay "1/6 katana" in the action figure section and you'll get a lot of swords up, you might find swords that are similar or at least look good. Searching for Wolfking 1/6 katana gets some really good looking swords, but if the price is too good it's most likely a bootleg
Thank you for the heads up! I tried searching for things like this on eBay, but not that exact search, so this was helpful and I found some cool alternatives for my Leo. Plus it helps they would be metal as well.
Old 07-19-2018, 01:35 PM   #228
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Only took a quick look, but some of those on eBay are pretty nice! And awesome if some are metal. I may have to take another look at those myself in the future. Hope you can find a decent replacement if you go that route!

Can almost hear this new big guy sitting next to me for now going
"I might need that one... Oh, and that one too, most definitely."

Spoiler:
You don't need those.
"Well maybe someday. It's smart to have more than one set, you know. "
Hmm.
"Seriously, look at SilverNinja's guy, he lost one to a sword hungry feline! Did you know those things can eat steel??"
They're plastic...
"What? I rest my case. My first set look awesome for an everyday pair, but we need a battle ready set. How is a guy supposed to defend this room with plastic? Seriously, there are TWO adult cats in this house."
It'll be fine, trust me.
*skeptical look* "Oh, look at that katana..."