The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-11-2017, 10:44 AM   #61
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Everyone, lets please stick to the discussion topic to avoid being locked or sent into the disintegrator unit. I have alot more ghost stories I wanna share

Religion can be always be discussed in PM or elsewhere
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:49 AM   #62
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Everyone, lets please stick to the discussion topic to avoid being locked or sent into the disintegrator unit. I have alot more ghost stories I wanna share

Religion can be always be discussed in PM or elsewhere
Then post them. I, for one, have been quite enjoying reading people's stories and experiences, even though I probably don't believe most of them.

Supernatural discussions are always going to involve religion.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:56 AM   #63
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Then post them. I, for one, have been quite enjoying reading people's stories and experiences, even though I probably don't believe most of them.

Supernatural discussions are always going to involve religion.
Yeah, I will soon when I get the time. I did post one, but thats just the tip of the iceberg.

I agree, religion and God will be mentioned in discussions like these and I am fine with that, but I think it shouldn't be the main topic as it will lead to flame wars and the main topic is about personal experiences rather then debating the theological truth.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:56 AM   #64
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I see it as somewhat relevant. Many religions have beliefs eegarding whether such things exist, and that tends to influence what people think about ghosts aliens or even fairies and cryptids.

Speaking of fairies- anyone have any thought on those? Sort if belongs in the same general box, I think. Have a few tales about them too. I guess I've been sensitive to otherworldly stuff all my life. Always seemed to have these things around me.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 11:41 AM   #65
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I wish Nessie was real, but hard to see how such a creature would really thrive in the confines of a lake, large or not. Maybe some kind of creature was once there long ago (even if not a Nessie), but something large becoming landlocked in a lake doesn't bode well for the gene pool.
I read a book once and it turned out there were multiple creatures living in a loch and they had evolved to fit the smaller space so perhaps that's a possibility. Also, some people forget how vast Loch Ness is so that should be taken into consideration too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I see it as somewhat relevant. Many religions have beliefs eegarding whether such things exist, and that tends to influence what people think about ghosts aliens or even fairies and cryptids.

Speaking of fairies- anyone have any thought on those? Sort if belongs in the same general box, I think. Have a few tales about them too. I guess I've been sensitive to otherworldly stuff all my life. Always seemed to have these things around me.
Fairies are aliens.
Let me explain: there have been fewer reported alien sightings since the notion of aliens became commonplace. Also, if you look at accounts of abductions by aliens and fairies there are some marked similarities e.g. missing time, bright lights, small humanoid figures etc.

They could also be creatures from a parallel universe which could explain many cryptids.

I believe in the paranormal but I also believe we need to be aware of the fakes and rule out every possibility before settling on a paranormal explanation.

I've only had one that could be genuine and it happened when I was around four which does reduce its credibility.
I couldn't sleep and I heard a voice whisper the word 'spirit'. The reason why it's strange was because I didn't recognise the voice. It also didn't seem to be localised, it didn't come from a direct yet it came from everywhere.
I wasn't scared, in fact the voice was so gentle and calming that I felt comforted. I didn't even think anything of it at the time and forgot about it until about five or six years later.
DisKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:17 PM   #66
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I have never seen any fairies myself, but it would be pretty neat if I did.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:41 PM   #67
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

As a child I sometimes liked to pretend I had paranormal experiences, but I always knew they couldn't really happen. It still didn't help me to not be afraid of ghosts and monsters I saw in movies.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 09:38 AM   #68
Vegita-San
Emperor

from the home ghost files.

unexplained loud BANGING noise that i can't find the source of. it sounded like some pots in a cabinet or something falling over, but it was LOUD and i have no idea where it came from because everything looks like it's in place and it scared the crap out of me as i was nowhere near a cabinet when it happened.

all the weird stuff tends to happen when i'm by myself with no witnesses to validate my sanity . sigh.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 01:13 PM   #69
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Ever since I moved into my new apartment 2 months ago, I've been having experiences similar to those described by Vegita San, except that all of my flatmates (4) have validated my experiences and claimed they've experienced strange stuff.

Today at dawn, during the time of my morning prayer, I kept on hearing this distorted noise coming from my room, sounding somewhat like my phone alarm. It was like the noise was trying to distract me from prayer and devotion, and after realizing that I continued praying as I normally do without investigating until I finished. Turns out when I investigated, my phone didn't have any alarm go off and I couldn't find any reasonable explanation for this noise.

At other times, I've been hearing weird shuffling noises under my bed, like the noise made by rubbing the floor really hard. As far as I know, no rats have been found in our apartment and they aren't capable of making these kind of noises.

The most notable however was when I was home alone once and lying down in bed. Suddenly, my rubbish bins' plastic bag began shaking by itself. I saw and heard it clearly and when I went to check, there was no rat there.

My flatmates have all described similar things, from unidentified noises, to things moving and disappearing by themselves.

The weirdest thing of all is that one might expect me to be terrified, but I have learned to Live with the strange occurences. In these situations, my religious beliefs make me feel safe and I feel protected by anything paranormal when I bow down to God as a part of my daily prayers. Otherwise, I think I would've been freaking out pretty bad and either trying to desperately disprove my experiences or Tryong to move out of this very old apartment.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:12 PM   #70
Vegita-San
Emperor

funny you mention the garbage bag.

that happened to me once too. a piece of garbage that was perfectly balanced on top of other stuff just sank down to the bottom like it was slowly being pushed.

of course, logic would dictate gravity. and it probably was. but, with all the other stuff ;o)..if they wanted my attention, i noticed it!
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 06:00 PM   #71
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

These door springs that make that weird noise:

Try hearing that when you're the only one in the house and had no pets at the time.

After weeks of my mom claiming to hear something that sounds like it now and then, sometimes when I was home, but did not hear it myself. She heard it now and then for a while after we'd lost a cat young. A cat who used to reach under my sister's bedroom door and play with one of those. (Sister regarded it as his doorbell.)

All those times my mom had asked me if I'd heard it too... nope. She thought maybe something in basement was making a noise. Then one day she was down there by the basement steps and heard it come from upstairs, near the top of the steps. And what is near the basement door? The other door that had that spring the cat used to play with...

She continued to be the only one hearing it. EXCEPT... for that one afternoon I'd come home from college classes and no one else was home. I hit the bathroom after putting my stuff away, and be damned if when I came out of that bathroom, the second I stepped foot into the hell, I heard that sound from my sister's room and froze.

Her room was a former den with two doors on opposite sides (and is in fact now the computer room I'm sitting in) and I was standing next to the opposite door which had been left open a little. So I wasn't next to the door in question, but it's a small room so it was still near enough and sounded exactly like that spring.

The cat only taught himself that trick in the later part of his young life, and I didn't/don't really have much recollection of seeing or hearing him do that since it wasn't my room. I saw him maybe only once from the kitchen side reaching under the door. So it pretty much rules out some 'residual' memory mind trick... But it's one of those couple of experiences that has always made me wonder.

I wasn't really freaked out or anything, maybe just a little weirded out. I mean it was harmless, but just very strange to hear, esp after my mom had kept hearing it... I waited in the living room for her to get home and tell her that I finally heard it and that it definitely came from my sister's room.

And no, it wasn't my sister playing tricks of any kind. She wasn't home, nor was or is she any kind of practical joker. Not now, and not back then as a middle schooler. She oddly never heard it herself, or at least never said so. I imagine she'd have freaked and we'd have known about it. She largely just did not want to hear about it from my mom and I. I only ever heard it that one time, and it didn't really go on all that long, just a few months maybe.

Although at some point that spring ended up bent and would no longer make that noise. I don't know if it was just accidental or if maybe my sister did it on purpose.

She did hear the same "meow" the rest of us individually heard as well. I'd heard it two or three times at the pantry/cupboard door when I was standing there looking for something. The cat food had been kept in there... Just a single meow, nothing more. Eventually I mentioned it at the dinner table and they looked at me with big eyes, because they'd had the exact thing happen standing at the same cupboard.

That kind of makes me a little sad though if there was really something to it, but they don't know they're dead and don't understand their family no longer interacting with them anymore.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-12-2017 at 06:08 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 06:08 PM   #72
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Once our kitchen door swung open and neither my mom nor my dad or myself opened it so we figured it was one of our deceased relatives playing a trick on us.

Old 05-12-2017, 07:07 PM   #73
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

If I heard those door springs in my house go off like that at random intervals, I would be down to earth terrified if I didn't know their cause.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:10 PM   #74
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
These door springs that make that weird noise:

Try hearing that when you're the only one in the house and had no pets at the time.

After weeks of my mom claiming to hear something that sounds like it now and then, sometimes when I was home, but did not hear it myself. She heard it now and then for a while after we'd lost a cat young. A cat who used to reach under my sister's bedroom door and play with one of those. (Sister regarded it as his doorbell.)

All those times my mom had asked me if I'd heard it too... nope. She thought maybe something in basement was making a noise. Then one day she was down there by the basement steps and heard it come from upstairs, near the top of the steps. And what is near the basement door? The other door that had that spring the cat used to play with...

She continued to be the only one hearing it. EXCEPT... for that one afternoon I'd come home from college classes and no one else was home. I hit the bathroom after putting my stuff away, and be damned if when I came out of that bathroom, the second I stepped foot into the hell, I heard that sound from my sister's room and froze.

Her room was a former den with two doors on opposite sides (and is in fact now the computer room I'm sitting in) and I was standing next to the opposite door which had been left open a little. So I wasn't next to the door in question, but it's a small room so it was still near enough and sounded exactly like that spring.

The cat only taught himself that trick in the later part of his young life, and I didn't/don't really have much recollection of seeing or hearing him do that since it wasn't my room. I saw him maybe only once from the kitchen side reaching under the door. So it pretty much rules out some 'residual' memory mind trick... But it's one of those couple of experiences that has always made me wonder.

I wasn't really freaked out or anything, maybe just a little weirded out. I mean it was harmless, but just very strange to hear, esp after my mom had kept hearing it... I waited in the living room for her to get home and tell her that I finally heard it and that it definitely came from my sister's room.

And no, it wasn't my sister playing tricks of any kind. She wasn't home, nor was or is she any kind of practical joker. Not now, and not back then as a middle schooler. She oddly never heard it herself, or at least never said so. I imagine she'd have freaked and we'd have known about it. She largely just did not want to hear about it from my mom and I. I only ever heard it that one time, and it didn't really go on all that long, just a few months maybe.

Although at some point that spring ended up bent and would no longer make that noise. I don't know if it was just accidental or if maybe my sister did it on purpose.

She did hear the same "meow" the rest of us individually heard as well. I'd heard it two or three times at the pantry/cupboard door when I was standing there looking for something. The cat food had been kept in there... Just a single meow, nothing more. Eventually I mentioned it at the dinner table and they looked at me with big eyes, because they'd had the exact thing happen standing at the same cupboard.

That kind of makes me a little sad though if there was really something to it, but they don't know they're dead and don't understand their family no longer interacting with them anymore.

We have had something like that. Once in a while I will feel a small weight "land" on our bed after we turn in for the night. We have one cat (Angel) who likes to "make her patrol round" at bedtime but this is always after that and she is never in the eoom when it happens. Just a small weight moving on the bed for a few moments and it usually ends up on the foot of my side. I can feel something on tip of the covers by my feet, but reach down and nothing is there. We think it might be one of our past kitties, who disappered under suspicious circumstances.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 06:37 AM   #75
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

That is cool, Duckie, and I agree that pets can also come back as spirits to keep an eye on their loved ones.

Old 05-13-2017, 10:10 AM   #76
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I have for the most part of my life lived in old houses, it's not until I got my own place that's not from the 50's. My dads farm place is around 200 years old, likewise with my grandma's home, the house my mom had while I was in grade school was over a 100 years old. And living close to a airport and church for 20 years have made me fairly accustomed to weird noises and whatnots.

I've never encountered anything ghostly, but my mom said she saw a human figure sitting over her in her bed in the old house, happened once and she found out that the owner's dad died in that room. But I had that room as a bedroom for the longest time when we lived there, and nada.

I'm more worried to meet a moose with a calf or a wolf at my front door then meeting a ghost. There's a bigger chance meeting one of those two then angry spirits, and I live close to a forest.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 02:30 PM   #77
TMNT_Guy
Stone Warrior

I've had some weird experiences that I can't explain and I would just write these things of as me being young and I just imagined most of these things, but I've experienced some of these things with other people around so unless I take mass hysteria into account I don't have a logical explanation for these things. A lot of my experiences are the standard "hearing weird noises/music in another room but when you go to the other room the noises stop and nothings there" stories you hear about. But these three experiences stick out to me the most.

My sister when we were young would say she would see "things", I still don't know what they were so I'm hesitant to call them "ghosts", she never really talked about them much but they would sure upset her. I would never see anything, I'd just hear the usual "weird noises" like I mentioned before, but one day I woke in the TV room(Our parents let us stay up as long as we wanted on weekends as long as we were quiet.) and saw a skeleton on the wall. It never moved and was completely black and white, transparent and completely flat like it was coming from a film projector. If this had been in a movie it would've been laughed at for being a cheap and fake looking effect, but obviously this wasn't a movie, so I just stared at this floating skeleton on the wall in confusion for a bit. I wasn't really scared at the time, funny considering what a big coward I used to be, just confused at what was going on. My sister was already in the room with me when I woke up and was looking in the same direction I was so I asked her the obvious question of "What is that?". My sister turned her head to me and replied in a shocked voice "You see it too?". We stared at it for a bit more in silence before it just completely vanished before our eyes. It didn't move or dissolve away, it just vanished like a cheap jump cut effect on Bewitched. We of course told our parents and we got the standard "there's nothing to be afraid of" parent talk. But this is where things get really weird. When I described what we had saw to our parents my sister added that the skeleton was on fire. How could we both just randomly see a small transparent skeleton on the wall and both see it in similar but different ways? Is the fact that we both saw it in different ways prove that we both imagined it? Was it just our imaginations and we both just happened to coincidentally imagine a ghostly skeleton on the same wall in the same room at the same time? I still don't know.

Latter I had an experience when I was just walking through the hall way to the kitchen when I distinctly felt someone tap me on the shoulder twice like you do when your trying to get someone's attention. I didn't even take the time to look behind me because I ran faster then Shaggy and Scooby out of the hall way. When I did get out of the hall way and looked behind me of course nothing was there. It's just another one of those things that I just can't explain.

I never did see anything again, but my sister continued to see things. My parents finally did something when she told my Dad in tears that she saw these things running up to him a kicking him. My parents asked our priest to come over and bless our house. After that everything stopped. The weird noises everyone used to hear went away and most importantly my sister stopped seeing those weird things. Did our priest's blessings drive out whatever was in our house or did his actions simply relieve our minds and cause our wild imaginations to disappear? As a Christian and still believer in God I honestly don't know. How could I? I wouldn't have any major paranormal experiences until years latter around the time I started my Jr. year of school

My sister couldn't get enough of that Ghost Hunters show and asked me to go around the house with our Dad's cell phone to try and catch one of those EVP recordings on the show. I didn't want to but my sister begged me to because she didn't want to do it alone. I agreed and we went to every room in the house asking question you normally hear them ask on those Ghost Hunting shows. Surprisingly we did get one and of all the rooms in our house it happened in my room. I asked the question "What's your name?". At the time we heard nothing, but when we played the recording latter we heard a deep voice softly and clearly reply "No one.". The voice had a voice similar to the kind of effect you'd hear if you took a voice recording and slowed it down so it sound deep and distorted. I don't know what happened to the recording, it was my Dad's cell phone and he's had about three of them since then. He usually holds on to old things so it's possible he may still have it somewhere.

I haven't had anything "paranormal" happen to me since then and to my knowledge neither has my sister. I still don't know what my experiences were. If all of these things happened to me while I was alone I'd just say I'm crazy and move one, but the fact that other people can confirm some of my experiences leads me to think that there is something out there. Call them what ever you want, ghosts, poltergeists, demons, whatever. But I do believe there's something out there that science or otherwise hasn't managed to figure out yet. At this point I can't help but feel crazy to think anything else.
Old 05-13-2017, 02:34 PM   #78
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I see my cats staring at junk that isn't there sometimes.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 03:29 PM   #79
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

When Toby lived here, he would often stare at the front door or the kitchen door and sit like someone was there and just stare at the door for a while.

Old 05-14-2017, 12:35 PM   #80
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I hate when cats do that. They are creepy animals. Stop staring up at some random corner of the room!
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote