The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Since when did you start wearing tidy-whities?
Gee... Splinter tells them to go get the monsters while he stays in the lair. Real nice, 'dad'... 15 19.74%
I was up all night, uh.... polishing my grappling hook! 18 23.68%
You'll laugh your whiskers off when you hear this one... 20 26.32%
Get back here you little nut lover! 11 14.47%
I should have been in a deeper trance... 12 15.79%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Official Episode Discussion: S2 #2: "Invasion of the Squirrelanoids"

Looks like he had the special...

So... here's our Halloween episode, it seems. Squirrels touch mutagen, squirrels turn into horrible long-tongued face-suckers, unlucky humans become walking incubators..

It looks like it's going to be one of the more disgusting episodes to watch...
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:39 AM   #2
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Okay, opening this up early, have fun!
Old 10-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #3
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

So far, So Good. Gross-out jokes aside, it's pretty entertaining. Also, Donnie seems to be taking April's leave of absence pretty well.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #4
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I think this is the episode where we throw our hands up to all logic and say 'oh why the hell not'. There is no reason why the squirrels did not mutant into squirrelmen, or why the turtles didn't also turn into creepy little turtles that jump into people's mouths and multiply... The only way to enjoy this season is to turn the brain off when watching...

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:21 AM   #5
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

I'm confused, why did the lights in the lair suddenly go out after the transformation?
Old 10-19-2013, 09:31 AM   #6
raph27
Mad Scientist

Loved the ep. VERY creepy....and the Squirrelanoids survived!
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #7
snake
Disgusting

This episode was way too confusing. Why did they turn into alien like things? Why did the lights go out? Why did they glow? Although I do like Mikey's room and seeing him smarter in this episode. Still pretty good.
7/10

I also liked the different kind of "HEZ ALIVE11!11!1!1" Ending.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #8
Coola Yagami
Overlord

They need to stop with the 'out of sight, out of mind' endings to these eps though. They needed to kill those things, not just flush them away. They were worried about them going to surface to attack more people and yet they let them get away.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:35 AM   #9
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Loved this episode! So many Aliens references! And Splinter was awesome as usual.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #10
LH
Leatherhead

Great episode!

-The squirrelnoids were disgusting!

-Loved the bit with Mikey's room. It was funny how he and Raph just got distracted in there.

-The whole episode was a very nice homage to aliens.

-Poor Metalhead...

-I love that mutagen tracker and its Gameboy power up noise!

-Way to go Mikey saving the day!

-I guess Leatherhead didn't scare that guy away from his job... But this might...
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #11
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
They need to stop with the 'out of sight, out of mind' endings to these eps though. They needed to kill those things, not just flush them away. They were worried about them going to surface to attack more people and yet they let them get away.
To be honest, it's hard to kill them when you're brother is flushing away. They got away....Like every other mutant on the show.

Gotta sell those toys!

Now on to the good. I liked Metalhead making another appearence. I liked Mikey and Raph and his room. And that's about it. I really hope the foot and Kraang make a comeback, or else this will get boring.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:38 AM   #12
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

It was a pretty fun episode...but it just raised a lot of questions for me. Why did the squirrels gradually mutate and multiply when in people's stomachs? None of the other mutants have done anything like this so it was kind of weird. Mikey acted a little more intelligent in this episode though, so that's good. It was fun to see his room, and there were a lot of great moments with him and Raph. I was really surprised to see Metalhead again. Like someone else said, Donnie seems to be taking April's absence well...but don't forget that this is actually the third episode of Season 2...so who knows what the second one is about. Doesn't seem like we're even getting a new one on Saturday...
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:38 AM   #13
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
This episode was way too confusing. Why did they turn into alien like things? Why did the lights go out? Why did they glow? Although I do like Mikey's room and seeing him smarter in this episode. Still pretty good.
7/10

I also liked the different kind of "HEZ ALIVE11!11!1!1" Ending.
Mikey....did something....Intelligent? Interesting.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:41 AM   #14
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
It was a pretty fun episode...but it just raised a lot of questions for me. Why did the squirrels gradually mutate and multiply when in people's stomachs? None of the other mutants have done anything like this so it was kind of weird. Mikey acted a little more intelligent in this episode though, so that's good. It was fun to see his room, and there were a lot of great moments with him and Raph. I was really surprised to see Metalhead again. Like someone else said, Donnie seems to be taking April's absence well...but don't forget that this is actually the third episode of Season 2...so who knows what the second one is about. Doesn't seem like we're even getting a new one on Saturday...
Wikipedia lists the next one on November 2nd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanFan4life View Post
Mikey....did something....Intelligent? Interesting.
I know, right?
Old 10-19-2013, 09:49 AM   #15
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Lots of good oneliners in this ep, but if anyone can remember the 'explodes out the butt' line, I'll add it to the poll...
Old 10-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #16
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee View Post
Lots of good oneliners in this ep, but if anyone can remember the 'explodes out the butt' line, I'll add it to the poll...
Ma'am, when making the poll, could you please have Ridley Scott, James Cameron, or H.R. Gieger included in the poll tagline?
Old 10-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #17
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

This one was alright. It's easy to tell this is the 3rd episode though because Don mentioned being lead into a trap via the mutagen tracker. I only saw Mutation Situation once but I don't think that had anything to do with being lead into a trap because Kirby wasn't exactly a schemer bat. The squirrelanoids were grose as well as interesting mutants. They seemed to evolve each time they were digested. I'm wondering if further mutations had something to do with Raph's mutant DNA. I don't really have anything negative to say about this ep. I was hoping Mutagen Man would be released while there was chaos in the lair, but I'm guessing he might have gotten out in the second episode which we haven't seen yet.

The only negative things I have to say relate to Nick. They need to stop showing these out of order. Hopefully we'll see episode 2 of season 2 in early November. Wikipedia says we'll be getting one November second and even has a link to some futoncritic website under the sorces section. I hope we only have to wait two weeks. But who knows? I'd love to see 5 or 6 weeks of nothing but new episodes without two week breaks some day, Nick. So the episode was great but I'm not thrilled with having a two week break so early in the friggin season.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:58 AM   #18
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
This one was alright. It's easy to tell this is the 3rd episode though because Don mentioned being lead into a trap via the mutagen tracker. I only saw Mutation Situation once but I don't think that had anything to do with being lead into a trap because Kirby wasn't exactly a schemer bat. The squirrelanoids were grose as well as interesting mutants. They seemed to evolve each time they were digested. I'm wondering if further mutations had something to do with Raph's mutant DNA. I don't really have anything negative to say about this ep. I was hoping Mutagen Man would be released while there was chaos in the lair, but I'm guessing he might have gotten out in the second episode which we haven't seen yet.

The only negative things I have to say relate to Nick. They need to stop showing these out of order. Hopefully we'll see episode 2 of season 2 in early November. Wikipedia says we'll be getting one November second and even has a link to some futoncritic website under the sorces section. I hope we only have to wait two weeks. But who knows? I'd love to see 5 or 6 weeks of nothing but new episodes without two week breaks some day, Nick. So the episode was great but I'm not thrilled with having a two week break so early in the friggin season.
So...this wasn't episode 2 and locatetv was right?
Old 10-19-2013, 09:58 AM   #19
Kevin G
Hench Mutant

I absolutely loved this episode because it had the feel of a horror film. I know a lot of people felt it was too convoluted, but I think the intentions was to give it a B movie feel (which we don't take those films seriously anyway).

This episode was no doubt a homage to Ridley Scott's Alien and I praise it for that because Alien is one of the most beautifully, well made horror films ever made. I enjoyed picking out the references as watching it.

Also I loved Mikey's horror/science fiction poster room and I loved seeing the Muck Man poster which was in the style of William Sach's 1977 The Incredible Melting Man poster (the original poster art work) as well as seeing Lucio Fulci's City of the Living Dead (they changed the title to Survivor's Of The Dead but it's the exact same poster.

I know a lot of people have questions, but if you are B movie horror nut like I am (The Brain Who Wouldn't Die, Attack of the 50 Foot Woman, Attack of the 50 Foot Cheerleader, Little Shop of Horrors, Attack of the Puppet People, Village of the Giants and Robot Monster) you just learn to sit back, relax and enjoy watching the popcorn theme movie. I felt as if Roger Corman (who idolize) directed this episode.

My only gripe was having to watch The Thunderbirds commercial (which looks God awful) and that mini behind the scenes Sam and Cat Halloween special (whoever came up with the idea of having Cat laugh like that must have been on some serious drugs). After seeing these it makes me realize even more (aside from SpongeBob SqaurePants) why I stopped watching Nickelodeon.

Last edited by Kevin G; 10-19-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Kevin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #20
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanFan4life View Post
I'm confused, why did the lights in the lair suddenly go out after the transformation?
If I recall, after the first case Donnie said they were administrating a high output energy reading. I guess we're lead to believe they were sucking the power from the lair.

Overall not a great episode, was a good episode, and a fun episode.

Splinter saying "I hate saying I was right but......I was right." literally said had me laughing for about a minute straight.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote