The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 04-11-2018, 06:22 PM   #1
tmntman
Mad Scientist

collection milestones

Another item I've been looking for for many years popped up on eBay this week. And after running over my own grandmother to get to the keyboard and submit a bid, it caused me to go back and take a look at how many holes I actually have left in my collection. And I came to the realization that with the possible exception of some of the plush Turtles, I think I have the entire vintage line.

It's interesting that having reached this point, I'm not really sure if I'm more proud of the collection or saddened by the realization that there is nothing new to add to it. Now some of the items I am still looking to get loose and complete and others I'd still like to get MOC/MIB examples for. So it isn't like I'm done collecting. But getting a second of an item is never quite the same as finding something for the first time. Fortunately I still have a couple dozen random items I missed out on in the 2003 line.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:36 AM   #2
eastlos217
Hench Mutant

what did you get brother
eastlos217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:55 AM   #3
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastlos217 View Post
what did you get brother
The eBay item is actually something I already have in the packaging. This is just the first opportunity to find one loose I've seen. As for the last "new" item I got was either the Takara Mini Mutants Super Trailer or the Pizza Police Combo.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:08 PM   #4
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Congrats! One day I hope you could display your complete collection and have a video like on YouTube or something. You may need to rent an airplane hangar to display it for video though. I’d like to see it all not just the vintage line. It is most likely the largest TMNT collection in existence.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 04:16 PM   #5
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Tmntman, do you display your stuff or just box and store?
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 03:58 PM   #6
inaheap
Mad Scientist

You could always start collecting customs.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 10:24 PM   #7
Antnee13420
Random Punk

My holy grail is by far my black and white Neca tmnt comic series
Antnee13420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:37 AM   #8
tipet
Hench Mutant

Congrats tmntman. I think there is nothing sad in complete the collection, is a dream for a lot of collectors on this site and probably you're the only one that achieved the goal.

Now you can start a new project like display your collection the best way or update your amazing website. Just try to find out something that keep you motivated and do it.

tipet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 12:26 PM   #9
slashpieturtlemix
Mad Scientist

You are a true inspiration to toy collectors everywhere! My vintage line is only about half done but you still have that guy selling prototypes on facebook but he is selling them for $700-$3000 a pop for unreleased turtles

https://www.youtube.com/user/hkohles1

https://www.ebay.com/usr/kohlesgoods

https://www.facebook.com/hkohles1gaming
slashpieturtlemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 01:36 AM   #10
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
Another item I've been looking for for many years popped up on eBay this week. And after running over my own grandmother to get to the keyboard and submit a bid, it caused me to go back and take a look at how many holes I actually have left in my collection. And I came to the realization that with the possible exception of some of the plush Turtles, I think I have the entire vintage line.

It's interesting that having reached this point, I'm not really sure if I'm more proud of the collection or saddened by the realization that there is nothing new to add to it. Now some of the items I am still looking to get loose and complete and others I'd still like to get MOC/MIB examples for. So it isn't like I'm done collecting. But getting a second of an item is never quite the same as finding something for the first time. Fortunately I still have a couple dozen random items I missed out on in the 2003 line.

Took you long enough. Jeez!

Lol, congrats bro.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote