The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 06-16-2017, 12:26 PM   #121
martinitolove
Foot Soldier

I suppose that "man in the wheelchair" IS Bishop. He created a robot copy of a young self and moved his consciousness into the new body before becoming senile. Therefor Bishop just killed his old biologic husk.
martinitolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 12:34 PM   #122
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinitolove View Post
I suppose that "man in the wheelchair" IS Bishop. He created a robot copy of a young self and moved his consciousness into the new body before becoming senile. Therefor Bishop just killed his old biologic husk.
That could be true. Would also be a nice nod to the 4kids version.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:04 PM   #123
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
i had a similar thought about this as well.
guess time will tell if this was really the case, or if it was actually an act of patricide.

either way both are equally unsettling!!!

i found Bishop disturbing and unsettling before, but now he truly established himself as ONE miserable rotten S.O.B. !!!
Old 06-16-2017, 01:07 PM   #124
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
I thought about that possibility as well... it's a different interpretation on "that lifeless husk is not my father."

But until proven wrong, I'm going with the most disturbing interpretation.
Old 06-16-2017, 01:19 PM   #125
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

He did seem to be a little bit more senile in those last moments. At least I think he did.
Old 06-16-2017, 04:37 PM   #126
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Wow, that's wild. You might be onto something.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 04:48 PM   #127
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
That would be incredible, great theory! I hope you're eventually proven right in a couple of months!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 06:10 PM   #128
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

One thing I have noticed is that Bishop still bleeds when Hob slashes at him. He's still got...red muscle bits under the skin. And the mechanical systems in his hands pretty much replicates bone exactly.
Old 06-17-2017, 01:00 AM   #129
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
That's a good point. And considering he reffered to him as his dad, it could be that the copy considers himself a separate individual and lost a bit of himself in the process of transferring his consciousness.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:45 AM   #130
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
That's a good point. And considering he reffered to him as his dad, it could be that the copy considers himself a separate individual and lost a bit of himself in the process of transferring his consciousness.
More of a Jango Fett/ Bobba Fett situation. Remember that Jango wanted to raise one of his own clones as his own child. In other words he adopted himself to raise himself. Bobba, his own clone referred to Jango as his father. Agent Bishop would act like it in order to keep going in an extended life. The question would be, if Agent Bishop transfered his consciousness to the cloned body then how could his original body be alive? I know the 'lifeless husk' remark was made, but the old man was alive and well. Maybe Agent Bishop had cloned himself and his clone when mad including allowing the creator to be killed. That eliminates the conscious transference and allows for old man Bishop to carry on and Agent Bishop to be something more than human.
Old 06-17-2017, 09:36 AM   #131
turtlefan27
Foot Soldier

The guys are finally getting there own van! I hope it looks like the fred wolf van
turtlefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:07 PM   #132
Powder
So tired of this place

I hope it doesn't. Supe it up, sure, but there's enough Fred Wolf/Playmates influence as it is.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:34 PM   #133
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I hope it doesn't. Supe it up, sure, but there's enough Fred Wolf/Playmates influence as it is.
Also it would look tacky in a more serious-ish based series such as this one.
Old 06-17-2017, 02:50 PM   #134
CyberCubed
Overlord

It'll probably look more like the Shellraiser from Nick, or the Battle Shell from 4kids either way. Turtles always have a truck/van in the shows.
Old 06-17-2017, 03:07 PM   #135
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It'll probably look more like the Shellraiser from Nick, or the Battle Shell from 4kids either way. Turtles always have a truck/van in the shows.
My money's on the Battle Shell because... Well, the Battle Shells look like this.

And the others... The Turtle Van is bound to draw attention.

And the Shellraiser will be pulled over as soon as a cop sees it. It's a subway cart with giant wheels that take up two lanes, no way does it ever blend in. and that's not even the end of it, as it has a giant cannon on top and TINY WINDOW INSTEAD OF A WINDSHIELD!

Point is, the Battle Shell is the only one that looks like it wouldn't get towed away on it's very first day in public.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 04:26 PM   #136
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Yeah, that's a good point. Although, the fact that nobody commented on it does make me wonder if there's some credence to the theory that IDW had to make Bishop a robot in order to tone down the violence. But then, why not just add a simple, single line of dialogue addressing it? I could totally see Mondo saying "whoa, robots dude!" or something like that.

Also, question: did anybody else have to google Gomer Pyle or was that just me?
As soon as I read the gomer pyle line I thought of mirage and the pop culture references/nods in that. Andy Griffith show is what 40plus years ago. So not even a current reference. I think mirage only went back maybe 15years at the time with references. I grew up with nick at night reruns so am familiar with the name. Also the use of the name as an insult has been around awhile.
I really don't like it when pop culture references are used because they can be misunderstood by readers and then it's like a wasted line and messes with the flow of the story. imho. But I suppose it goes into the development of the character that uses the line. I mean it dates them somewhat or implies that they watch nick at night.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:29 PM   #137
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
this definitely was one one my favorite issues in a good long while.

the dialog was spot on, that action was amazing, and most all outcomes were very satisfactory. was sad to see Slash left behind, but the threat of him still being under Bishop's control was just far too risky.

that reveal panel of Bishop's cybernetic skeleton was 100% freaking AWESOMAZING!!!!! @u@

HOLY CHEESE SAUCE!! Mateus really knocked it out of the park!

yeah, this one is absolutely ranking among my favorites of the series!!
I agree this issue was the best in a long while, but I think they actually messed up the reveal panel. They should of have had it on the left page instead of the right page. I was shocked with the poor panel selection.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 08:33 PM   #138
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
I agree this issue was the best in a long while, but I think they actually messed up the reveal panel. They should of have had it on the left page instead of the right page. I was shocked with the poor panel selection.
you bring up a very good point about the panel layout of the Bishop reveal.

even though i buy a physical copy, things like this is why i buy digital as well.

sometimes the guided view on comixology zooms in too close for my preference, it's great for concealing reveals.

otherwise this issue was SO dang good though! probably the easiest to want to re-read again and again.
Old 06-18-2017, 04:15 PM   #139
CyberCubed
Overlord

Heh, in today's episode of the Nick cartoon, we saw Bishop with half his face burnt off exposing his Utrom exoskeleton, looked just like IDW's Bishop in this issue. Seemed like a funny nod even though I know both stories were written months apart with no knowledge of what the other series was doing. Coincidence I guess.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:38 AM   #140
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Heh, in today's episode of the Nick cartoon, we saw Bishop with half his face burnt off exposing his Utrom exoskeleton, looked just like IDW's Bishop in this issue. Seemed like a funny nod even though I know both stories were written months apart with no knowledge of what the other series was doing. Coincidence I guess.
Coincidence, they've used that model variant since season 1.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote