The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Toys and Collectibles

Notices

Old 06-03-2014, 01:57 PM   #1
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Skeleton Warriors Revival

Anyone remember this toyline/cartoon?

I first got the toy as a gift and loved it, I had never had a figure with so much detail. There's plenty of articles online that explain the fall of the line. There was also a cartoon series that I liked when I was able to watch it. I re-watched it a few years ago and it held up pretty well for it's time. It really was a franchise destined for more but failed to get far.
There's actually a kickstarter going on right now, looks pretty cool. I wish I had the space/money but I may just end up backing this project.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...action-figures
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:03 AM   #2
the_Archivist
New Recruit

Kickstarter - Skeleton Warriors

If there is anyone that needs some skeletons for their turtles to fight there is a Kickstarter campaign for some that look like they would work for TMNT scale.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...?ref=discovery

the_Archivist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:22 AM   #3
Powder
So tired of this place

Soooo your first post is a non-TMNT related advertisement?

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:27 AM   #4
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Well it sort of is related as Playmates made the old toy line.

Anyway, I'd so be all over this if the line was 6 inch scale but it's not so meh.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:34 AM   #5
the_Archivist
New Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Yeah and. .. what about it? I usually just read posts. I thought people here might be interested in something like this. Especially since it looks like they will be pretty compatible with TMNT.
I have no ties to the people responsible for the project. I'd just like to see them be made.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:14 AM   #6
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

What a god awful thread.... Someone report him.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:23 AM   #7
HugeBadWolf
Foot Soldier

That's a bit harsh mate, perhaps thread would be better in the GenDisc. but I can see why it's here.

Can we be nice to the new guy for once?

Welcome aboard Archivist!

Cheers,
Doug
Old 06-13-2014, 07:40 AM   #8
AleXviD
Foot Soldier

I think that was already posted. Too bad this news had to be placed in the wrong section (by mistake I'm sure) to get noticed.
AleXviD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:42 AM   #9
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

I always assumed that Skeleton Warriors was a property created/owned by Playmates. Which came first, the toon or the toys? I assume this kickstarter has the rights to the franchise? I am not too familiar with kickstarter so I'm not sure how this works.

I really liked the looks of the old Skeleton Warriors figures (the skeletons were cool, the humans not so much). This figure seems to be lacking a little compared to the playmates figure.

Rick
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:57 AM   #10
AleXviD
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwj324 View Post
I always assumed that Skeleton Warriors was a property created/owned by Playmates. Which came first, the toon or the toys? I assume this kickstarter has the rights to the franchise? I am not too familiar with kickstarter so I'm not sure how this works.
The concept and toys were created by Gary Goddard and his company, who then licensed the production of toys to Playmates and the accompanying cartoon was created for CBS by Graz Entertainment. That is, if I remember Goddard's interview from the cartoon DVDs right.

Can't say anything about kickstarter and rights, though I doubt somebody would do something with the property without owner's approval.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwj324 View Post
I really liked the looks of the old Skeleton Warriors figures (the skeletons were cool, the humans not so much). This figure seems to be lacking a little compared to the playmates figure.
I think these new toys looks more accurate to the cartoon designs and artwork by Neil Adams.
AleXviD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:29 AM   #11
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleXviD View Post
The concept and toys were created by Gary Goddard and his company, who then licensed the production of toys to Playmates and the accompanying cartoon was created for CBS by Graz Entertainment. That is, if I remember Goddard's interview from the cartoon DVDs right.

Can't say anything about kickstarter and rights, though I doubt somebody would do something with the property without owner's approval.

I think these new toys looks more accurate to the cartoon designs and artwork by Neil Adams.
Thanks for the info.
I wish them luck! The idea of interchangeable figures seems pretty cool.
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:02 PM   #12
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Behold the power of... merging.
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:09 PM   #13
the_Archivist
New Recruit

Here is Baron Dark with a Nickelodeon Leo
http://instagram.com/p/pNN15hQGu0/
Old 06-14-2014, 02:40 AM   #14
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

It's awesome people try to revive the Skeleton Warriors, and it's compatible with the Glyos system. But it's a shame they won't be in the 6 inch scale.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:14 PM   #15
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well this revival didn't last, the first figure ended up being produced but the second one failed. It took me a long time but I finally got the one figure produced once October Toys stopped selling it at their website, luckily BBTS had stock and it was on sale for just a dollar more than the kickstarter price so I nabbed it.

The figure is one of the best I've ever owned, I'm surprised by the sculpt and shading. Even the package is top notch. I never expected a kickstarter figure to be this good, it's one of the best I've ever owned. I do think the paint seems like it could chip off easily and feels a little flimsy but other than that it's an awesome figure and a shame the line died with only one character.

It's a 3.75" figure but since Baron Dark is supposed to be taller it kind of sucks, it looks like it doesn't fit with 3.75 or 6" figures, oh well. If anyone was interested order from BBTS, it's a good toy and it'll only become more expensive as soon as stores sell their stock since there's no way to get it anymore.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote