The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-26-2015, 07:58 PM   #1
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Legends of Tomorrow (The CW)

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: DC Comics superheroes are uniting in a potential new drama series at the CW, a garbercaity lotzspinoff from hits Arrow and The Flash that will feature several fan-favorite recurring actors/characters from both shows. I have learned that the network has teamed with Arrow creators Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim for a project eyed for next season toplined by Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller and Caity Lotz.

The untitled project, now in development, is described as a superhero team-up show. Routh, Miller and Garber will reprise their popular DC Comics characters — Arrow‘s Ray Palmer/The Atom (Routh), Flash villain Leonard Snart/Captain Cold (Miller), and Flash‘s Dr. Martin Stein (Garber). Because her Arrow character Sara Lance was killed off, with her sister Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy) taking over as the Black Canary, it is unclear whether Lotz will play the same or new superhero.

The project is in early stages of development, so there is a possibility for other Arrow/Flash characters to cross over to the new spinoff. Additionally, in a tidbit that should get fans fired up, I have learned the new project will include three major DC Comics characters who have never appeared in a TV series.

This is the project CW president Mark Pedowitz vaguely referenced at TCA in January. It will not be part of the current pilot cycle. With the creative auspices and talent involved, I hear that it could go straight to series, possibly for next midseason.

Berlanti and Kreisberg, who also co-created The Flash, executive produce alongside Guggenheim and Sarah Schechter for Warner Bros. TV and Berlanti Prods.

Teaming up superheroes has been a winning formula, as proven by the success of the Justice League and The Avengers comics. Marvel’s The Avengers have crossed over to features, with DC’s Justice League also on its way to the big screen. Routh is repped by UTA and Main Title, Lotz is repped by UTA and Atlas Artists.

http://deadline.com/2015/02/arrow-fl...es-1201382466/

Last edited by TurtleTitan97; 05-06-2015 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Title Change
TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 06:04 AM   #2
Shred Head
Hench Mutant

Wow soon CW is pretty much going to be all DC comic book shows soon. Wonder what its going to be called pretty sure there not going to call it Justice League. Brave and the Bold possibly Justice Society or maybe even the Outsiders. Also Caity Lotz thats kinda shocking I doubt they would bring back a well known face and have her play a brand new character. Maybe there is a Lazarus pit in the Arrow universe after all and death is just as permanent in the show as it is in the comics.

"Cold steel meets hot flesh! Thats why they call me Slash!"
Shred Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 07:58 PM   #3
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Greg Berlanti officially confirms the series is moving forward:

http://comicbook.com/2015/02/28/greg...spinoff-rumor/

Quote:
Yes, we're creating a spinoff from #Arrow and #TheFlash and couldn't be more excited by the cast signing on. More to come. #SuperheroTeamUp

Old 03-09-2015, 04:58 PM   #4
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

New details on the three new heroes appearing in the show:

Quote:
“THE TRAVELER” | Described as a “Han Solo-esque rogue who gets by with his charm, this hero hails from the future, and has journeyed back in time on a secret mission. His razor-sharp wit hides the pain of a man who has lived through serious conflict. He also harbors many secrets, always leaving both his teammates and the audience unsure of his true allegiances.
Quite Possibly Is Rip Hunter (pictured above), who first debuted in 1959 in the pages of DC Comics’ series Showcase and has popped up in continuity over the years. This Time Master has revealed in the past that “Rip Hunter” isn’t his real name – it’s an alias he uses so that his enemies can’t thwart his future efforts by killing him when he is a helpless infant in the past!
But Could Also Be Booster Gold — though he appeared in an episode of Smallville (played by Days of Our Lives‘ Eric Martsolf), and it’s been said the new characters have never been featured on a live-action show before — or Time Traveler, a powerful villain who’s gone up against the Legion of Super-Heroes.

“FEMALE WARRIOR” |This twentysomething Latina is pretty but unassuming, book smart and socially awkward by day. But by night, when she hears the cry of battle, her fury is ignited and she becomes a fierce warrior — so much so, that sometimes she can become a threat to others.
Quite Possibly Is a cross between Fury aka Helena Kosmatos (pictured), an Amazon heroine empowered by the ancient Furies, and Yolanda Montez, who assumed the role of Wildcat from her godfather, Ted Grant.
But Could Also Be Pantha aka Rosabelle Mendez, a short-lived member of the New Titans, or Tarantula aka Catalina Marie Flores, who hails from the pages of Nightwing.

“MYSTERY HERO” |An African-American male in his twenties will fill the role of a regular, street smart guy who unexpectedly gains powers, and then, as part of the team, regularly quips about the insanity of the situations.
Quite Possibly Is Virgil Ovid Hawkins, a high school student who was splashed with experimental chemicals after being caught in a gang war. Virgil emerged with electromagnetic powers, which he uses to fight crime as the superhero Static (pictured).
But Could Also Be Black Lightning (aka Jefferson Pierce) or Black Vulcan
http://tvline.com/2015/03/08/arrow-f...p-hunter-fury/

Old 03-30-2015, 03:59 PM   #5
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Ciara Renée has been casted as Hawkgirl!

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: It has been a fast rise for young actress Ciara Renée, who graduated from Baldwin Wallace University with a degree in music theater in May 2013. Since then, she made her Broadway debut in Big Fish and replaced Patina Miller as Leading Player in the revival of Pippin. Last fall, she made her TV debut with a guest shot on NBC’s Law & Order: SVU. And now, she has landed a lead in CW’s proposed Arrow/Flash spinoff series, playing the role of Kendra Saunders aka Hawkgirl.

The superhero team-up show, from Arrow creators Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim, was to bring in three new DC superhero characters never seen on TV, along with a slew of Arrow/Flash recurring fan favorites. Hawkgirl is not expected to be one of them as the character has appeared in a Season 9 episode of the WB/CW drama Smallville, played by Sahar Biniaz, as well as in a couple of animated series including Justice League.

In the new series, Saunders is a young woman who is just beginning to learn that she has been repeatedly reincarnated over the centuries. When provoked, her ancient warrior persona manifests itself, along with wings that grow out of her back, earning her the moniker Hawkgirl.

On the Arrow/Flash spinoff, eyed for next midseason, Renée joins Brandon Routh (Arrow‘s Ray Palmer/The Atom), Wentworth Miller (The Flash‘s Leonard Snart/Captain Cold), Dominic Purcell (The Flash‘s Mick Rory/Heat Wave), Victor Garber and Caity Lotz whose role is still TBD as her Arrow character Sara Lance was killed off, with her sister Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy) taking over as the Black Canary.

Per the released breakdowns, the Arrow/Flash spinoff has been casting three new roles. With one of them turning out to be Hawkgirl, Lotz could end up playing one of the three new-to-TV DC characters, along with the two new male roles, now casting.

Berlanti and Kreisberg, who also co-created The Flash, executive produce the new series alongside Guggenheim and Sarah Schechter for Warner Bros. TV and Berlanti Prods.

Renee, repped by Stone Manners Salners Agency, recently starred as Esmeralda in a workshop production of the Disney musical The Hunchback Of Notre Dame at the Papermill Playhouse in New Jersey and the La Jolla Playhouse.
http://deadline.com/2015/03/arrow-fl...cw-1201401280/

Old 03-30-2015, 04:06 PM   #6
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Neat!

It's nice to see new DC shows that aren't Batman.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 04:31 PM   #7
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

So it appears that the "Female Warrior" in the casting call was for Hawkgirl. Yeah. I can dig it.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:32 PM   #8
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Ciara Renée has been casted as Hawkgirl!

http://deadline.com/2015/03/arrow-fl...cw-1201401280/
That's cool, But I wish it was Shiera Hawkgirl.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:16 PM   #9
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Arthur Darvill has been casted as Rip Hunter.

Quote:
Arthur Darvill, who played a companion to the Doctor in BBC’s Doctor Who, is in final negotiations to join the cast of the WB’s untitled DC Arrow/Flash spinoff show.

The series’ cast already includes Brandon Routh as incredible shrinking hero The Atom (aka Ray Palmer), Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold, Dominic Purcell as Mick Rory and Victor Garber as Prof. Martin Stein among others.

Darvill will play a character titled the Traveler, a *****ure time-hopping adventurer. There was speculation that the hero could be time-jumping Booster Gold, but The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed the character is Rip Hunter, one of DC’s classic heroes created back in 1959 and the leader of a time-traveling group.

(Interestingly, his origin was redone so that he became the son Booster Gold, who was created in the mid-1980s.)

In fact, inside the WB the character is described as " a roguish time traveler who hides the strains of being responsible for history itself behind a facade of charm and wit."

Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg are writing and exec producing.

This will be the first American television work for Darvill, who can be seen on the current season of BBC’s crime drama Broadchurch.

He is repped by Independent Talent and Silver Lining Entertainment.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...f-casts-785372

Old 03-30-2015, 07:41 PM   #10
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Loved Arthur Darvill as Rory Williams in Doctor Who can't wait to see him in Flash SPinoff
Old 03-30-2015, 08:32 PM   #11
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

So basically Rory has been promoted from Companion to Time Lord.

Now only that but since River is in the Arrow-verse he can spend time with his uh granddaughters....
Old 04-09-2015, 02:26 PM   #12
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

This is subject to change, but it's being reported that the spin-off could possibly go by the title "The Atom": http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/04/arr...ive-title.html

Old 04-09-2015, 02:52 PM   #13
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
This is subject to change, but it's being reported that the spin-off could possibly go by the title "The Atom": http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/04/arr...ive-title.html
Ugh. So far, "The Atom" is my least favorite character in both Arrow and Flash. I get what they're trying to do with him, but they're pushing him too hard in Arrow and Flash. I mean, Barry Allen appeared in ONE episode of Arrow before being in his own spin-off show. Caitlen and Cisco appeared in TWO episodes, and were not the main focus.

Ray Palmer has been in every frakking episode of Arrow this season, it seems.

I'm much more interested in Rip Hunter or even Hawkgirl.
Old 04-09-2015, 03:45 PM   #14
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

I think Routh/Palmer has been a breath of fresh air on the show, personally. I like Arrow a lot but sometimes its too heavy and overdramatic. I like the lightheartedness Palmer brings to an episode to help balance it out.

I only wish his scenes were more connected to the episode, though. Glad thats finally happened.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:52 PM   #15
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
I think Routh/Palmer has been a breath of fresh air on the show, personally. I like Arrow a lot but sometimes its too heavy and overdramatic. I like the lightheartedness Palmer brings to an episode to help balance it out.

I only wish his scenes were more connected to the episode, though. Glad thats finally happened.
Sure, but it's obvious they're utilizing him just to promote the next spinoff. Whereas with Barry Allen in Season 2, he showed up ONCE before getting his own show. He didn't derail or intrude upon each episode of Season 2.

I'd like Ray more if he wasn't constantly popping up saying "Hey guys, wouldn't you like to be watching my new show instead of this one?"
Old 04-20-2015, 02:16 PM   #16
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

John Wesley Shipp has apparently revealed that the title of the spin now has the tentative title of "Legends" and that the first season will be 13-episodes:
http://comicsalliance.com/arrow-flas...-wesley-shipp/

Old 04-21-2015, 12:56 AM   #17
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
John Wesley Shipp has apparently revealed that the title of the spin now has the tentative title of "Legends" and that the first season will be 13-episodes:
http://comicsalliance.com/arrow-flas...-wesley-shipp/
Actually it's being called Legends of Tomorrow. Considering the time travel aspect (Arthur Darvil as RIP Hunter) that title makes sense. Plus Legends is the title of another show coming out.

http://comicbook.com/2015/04/21/lege...-spinoff-seri/
Old 04-23-2015, 02:18 PM   #18
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

The "Mystery Hero" has been casted! Franz Drameh (EDGE OF TOMORROW) has been casted as Jay Jackson. He's not based on any particular character, so I'm betting he's probably playing an original hero exclusive to this series.

Quote:
It's speculation time! Reports are coming in that Franz Drameh (Attack The Block, Hereafter, Edge Of Tomorrow) has joined the cast of the CW's Arrow/The Flash spinoff show. His character has the good old fashioned alliterative secret identity name of Jay Jackson, but the DC superhero he's actually playing remains a mystery. Could it be Static Shock? Black Lighting perhaps? We do have some details on this Mr. Jackson however, as according to the official press release he'll be a "former high school athlete, whose pro-career was derailed by injury. Now making ends meets as an auto mechanic, Jay will come to have a surprising affiliation to the S.T.A.R. Labs crew." That makes him sound a LOT like Cyborg, but with that character expected to make his big screen debut in Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice, is that likely?

Whoever he turns out to be he'll join Arthur Darvill (Rip Hunter), Ciara Renée (Hawkgirl), Brandon Routh (Ray Palmer/The Atom), Wentworth Miller (Leonard Snart/Captain Cold), Dominic Purcell (Mick Rory/Heat Wave), Victor Garber (Dr. Martin Stein) and Caity Lotz (?). The new series will air sometime this year.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=119333

Old 04-30-2015, 02:45 PM   #19
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

The first trailer will reportedly debut on May 14: http://comicbook.com/2015/04/29/arro...coming-in-may/

Old 04-30-2015, 02:48 PM   #20
Mew
Banned

Not a DC fan, but I'll tune in.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote