The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 05-20-2019, 06:02 PM   #41
AquaParade
Big Boss

Am I wrong to be surprised at how little discussion this garnered? I knew this place wasn't very populated these days, but this seems like a semi-noteworthy event for the TMNT compared to the amount of talk on here.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 06:25 PM   #42
pferreira
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I don't know who Bamtan is, nor does Google yield any results as to who Bamtan is. Who or what is is Bamtan? How does one beat Bamtan?
Sunbed? Lotion?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:53 PM   #43
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Very fun little movie. I like how despite being an animated adaptation, it didn't necessarily make the original comic obsolete or anything. They take some of the big bullet points and dialogue from the comic, but remix things with changes both subtle and not-so-subtle in a way that truly makes it its own thing. (The post-credits and what happened to Bats in Arkham in particular took me by surprise.) I'd love to see what they'd do with a sequel, so I hope this does well enough to warrant more partnerships.

(Though, did anyone else find that Foot Ninja mutating into a freaking straight-up T-REX with no human aspects whatsoever a tad ridiculous? )

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Am I wrong to be surprised at how little discussion this garnered? I knew this place wasn't very populated these days, but this seems like a semi-noteworthy event for the TMNT compared to the amount of talk on here.
I think that's mostly because it's only currently available digitally and a lot of people are waiting on the Blu-ray. (Plus, some have been vocal about their general disinterest.)
Old 05-20-2019, 10:43 PM   #44
sdp
Winsider

I wrote a little more about my thought's on the movie and how much I'd like to see an animated show from these turtles here. I'd love to follow more of these turtles, if no sequel I'll take the credit comic sequence as actual events that happened in universe for these turtles since after all they do live in the DC U here. PS, yes that Baxter was awesome.

Dommage Rave & TMNT @ MiscRave.com
Twitter @ 0sdp
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 10:48 AM   #45
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Have to face facts, this forum is dead.
It will be telling how many people come back when more info about the new movie is released for people to discuss.

I think the other reason is bc the movie was not that good imo.
I didn't like the design of the turtles, they were just terrible. I also hate how they mutated every villain in Arkham again....I hated it in the comic cross-over and I hate it now. I also hate how stupid they make Mikey in this....... It's just a disrespect to his character. Damian was the most shocking character in the movie. I could not believe it was Damian until he referred to Batman as "father". The most terrible characterization of any of the characters in this movie.

There was also a big scene that was not in the movie that was in the comic cross-over and that is when Bruce shows Raphael crime alley and explains his reason for becoming batman.

I was shocked at how much blood and killing there was in the movie.

There was some good to the movie, but its hard to point them out with so many negative jumping out at me.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 06:43 PM   #46
Shark_Blade
Scarlet ghost

Old Yesterday, 08:41 AM   #47
cammy85
Stone Warrior

I saw it last night. Chances are it will get more discussion when physical media is available.

It went as expected. The villain actors were spot on and Baxter fly is sure intelligent for being a fly. You didn't see that before. Highly recommended, and it's easy to miss something important. They did really well with this!!
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote