The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-17-2016, 01:34 AM   #41
CyberCubed
Overlord

Megan Fox will play Misty. I'm calling it now.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 04:10 AM   #42
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Megan Fox will play Misty. I'm calling it now.
You know who should play Brock? The Rock.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 06:50 AM   #43
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Ash, Misty, and BAHRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK LESNAR
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 08:03 AM   #44
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
...that I could actually see happening
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 08:06 AM   #45
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
Years ago, I used to joke with that. Imagining him trying to impress the laydays..."Do you smell what the Brock is cooking!"
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 08:10 AM   #46
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Years ago, I used to joke with that. Imagining him trying to impress the laydays..."Do you smell what the Brock is cooking!"
Ok, now I want to see The Rock as Brock. Hell, years ago, there were rumours of a live action Johnny Bravo movie with the main character being played by The Rock. The Rock looks NOTHING like Johnny Bravo... but I'd be interested in seeing that, you know?
Old 04-17-2016, 08:12 AM   #47
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I've a feeling the Bravo movie would have happened if the Powerpuff movie hadn't bombed.
Old 04-17-2016, 08:21 AM   #48
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I've a feeling the Bravo movie would have happened if the Powerpuff movie hadn't bombed.
There was a live-action Powerpuff Girls movie? What?
Old 04-17-2016, 08:26 AM   #49
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
There was a live-action Powerpuff Girls movie? What?
No, I meant CN's film division were probably developing the rumored live-action Bravo movie, maybe also Samurai Jack at the time too, but all of their projects were halted when the animated PPG movie bombed.
Old 04-17-2016, 10:00 AM   #50
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
No, I meant CN's film division were probably developing the rumored live-action Bravo movie, maybe also Samurai Jack at the time too, but all of their projects were halted when the animated PPG movie bombed.
Oh, the one that came out in 2002? That one wasn't a box office success? Really? I mean, it's no Disney or Pixar production, but I remember hearing about it back in the day and other kids being excited about it.
Old 04-17-2016, 10:20 AM   #51
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Oh, the one that came out in 2002? That one wasn't a box office success? Really? I mean, it's no Disney or Pixar production, but I remember hearing about it back in the day and other kids being excited about it.
I went to see it in the theater with my dad. Good times.

He thought Pokemon was ridiculous but liked it to a certain extent as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 02:12 PM   #52
Prowler
Emperor

LOL @ the tags
Old 07-20-2016, 05:39 PM   #53
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

We're getting a live action "Detective Pikachu" movie from Legendary:http://variety.com/2016/film/news/po...ry-1201818838/

Quote:
Legendary Entertainment has won the rights to a Pokemon movie and is partnering with the Pokémon Company to launch the first live-action Pokemon film franchise with a “Detective Pikachu” movie.

Legendary said details are being kept under wraps but added that the film will be fast-tracked for production to start in 2017. Detective Pikachu is a new character in the Pokemon universe.

The deal comes two weeks after the Pokemon Go app game was released and became a worldwide phenomenen. The augmented reality game allows players to capture, battle and train the Pokemon virtual creatures.

Pokémon was introduced in Japan in 1996 and has sold 279 million video games worldwide with 21.5 billion cards shipped to 74 countries, and an animated series spanning 19 seasons. The hugely popular Pokemon Go app recently saw the pocket monsters surge back into the pop culture consciousnesses.

Universal Pictures will handle distribution of the live-action film outside Japan as it has done with Legendary’s other films for years.

The Pokémon Company’s long time movie collaborator, Toho, will handle distribution of the film franchise in Japan, as it had similarly done in its partnership with Legendary on the reboot for the Godzilla franchise.

Legendary was acquired in January by Chinese entertainment giant Wanda for $3.5 billion. The Pokemon movie deal is the third major project it’s acquired in less than a month, following the June 23 purchase of “Bad Blood,” starring Jennifer Lawrence, and an untitled project set up this week for “The Birth of a Nation” producer-director Nate Parker.

The Pokemon deal was brokered by Don McGowan at The Pokémon Company International, who led the negotiations with outside counsel Dan Black of Greenberg Traurig. Marty Willhite, Daniel Feinberg and Mike Ross represented the studio.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 06:20 PM   #54
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
We're getting a live action "Detective Pikachu" movie from Legendary:http://variety.com/2016/film/news/po...ry-1201818838/
Danny Devito needs to be the voice of Pikachu.

Old 07-20-2016, 06:26 PM   #55
CyberCubed
Overlord

Of literally all the things to make a live-action Pokemon movie about, they chose a bizarre Pokemon spinoff game that was never released outside of Japan?

WTF?
Old 07-20-2016, 06:55 PM   #56
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Danny Devito needs to be the voice of Pikachu.

This was hilarious!

Quote:
Of literally all the things to make a live-action Pokemon movie about, they chose a bizarre Pokemon spinoff game that was never released outside of Japan?

WTF?
I'm inclined to agree with this, although, I didn't know that it didn't have a release outside of Japan. A friend of mine here has it. I didn't get to look over it much, but that Pikachu smokes and stuff and apparently, some of the cases are murder ones.

It does feel like an odd choice to make a live-action movie for.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:58 PM   #57
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I'm inclined to agree with this, although, I didn't know that it didn't have a release outside of Japan. A friend of mine here has it. I didn't get to look over it much, but that Pikachu smokes and stuff and apparently, some of the cases are murder ones.

It does feel like an odd choice to make a live-action movie for.
I think most were expecting a live-action movie to be based on the Kanto games/region, probably with either Red or Ash as the main character traveling throughout Kanto with the original 151 pokemon.

I wonder if Nintendo didn't allow them to do that because the anime still gets theatrical movies in Japan and they don't want a live-action movie to be based on the main games since the anime does that.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:10 PM   #58
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
I think most were expecting a live-action movie to be based on the Kanto games/region, probably with either Red or Ash as the main character traveling throughout Kanto with the original 151 pokemon.

I wonder if Nintendo didn't allow them to do that because the anime still gets theatrical movies in Japan and they don't want a live-action movie to be based on the main games since the anime does that.
I guess that is possible. Although, there is live-action Detective Conan...but, to be fair, they were short TV dramas.

Maybe they just want to try something more dramatic with the series...since the main series really isn't all that serious and stuff.
Old 07-20-2016, 08:05 PM   #59
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

I know nothing about Pokemon and even I know a Detective Pikachu movie is a waste of potential.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 08:10 PM   #60
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
I know nothing about Pokemon and even I know a Detective Pikachu movie is a waste of potential.
You really know nothing about Pokemon? One of the most popular game and cultural phenomenons of the last 20 years? Have you ever owned a Gameboy or DS? Its hard to imagine not knowing or playing any of it.

Tags
a day inside may, adayinsidemaythemovie, detective sjw, goddammithollywood, picuckchu, pikapool, really?