The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old Yesterday, 06:06 PM   #2941
asfaloth12
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Primer View Post
What if the 2nd set of Turtles (the space ones) are the ones in the Apocalypse? Maybe they went to an alternate Earth where the Kraang wasn't wiped out?
Ooh, that's a good thought!
Old Yesterday, 06:53 PM   #2942
Kit31
Random Punk

I like this theory!
Kit31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:26 PM   #2943
newhire13
Hench Mutant

I think that's wishful thinking and that these are the turtles we've been following from the beginning.
newhire13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:40 PM   #2944
Kit31
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhire13 View Post
I think that's wishful thinking and that these are the turtles we've been following from the beginning.
Probably, but it's a little easier to accept that the main timeline has our boys (and friends) alive, healthy, and not mutated again.

Then again, there is that pesky continuity after the Usagi arc with Leo only having one sword...lol Oh, well.
Old Yesterday, 08:58 PM   #2945
asfaloth12
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit31 View Post
Probably, but it's a little easier to accept that the main timeline has our boys (and friends) alive, healthy, and not mutated again.

Then again, there is that pesky continuity after the Usagi arc with Leo only having one sword...lol Oh, well.
Or it could be just an alternate reality with a Leo who carries only one sword for whatever reason.
Or he could have lost one of his swords in a battle on Earth preceding the mutagen bomb.
There are just things about this arc that simply don't fit the main timeline. An alternate timeline/reality just makes more sense to me
Old Yesterday, 10:59 PM   #2946
newhire13
Hench Mutant

I don't think its that complicated. They gave all the relevant information needed: at one point, after the adventures we've seen, The Kraang come back with a mutagen bomb. The turtles tried to stop them and they failed and the bomb went off. There's nothing that contradicts anything in the main timeline. All this happened a little later in their lives, past the last adventure we know of (the crossover episode) and at a point where Donnie built a second Metalhead and the Kraang managed to regroup.

Like Batman Beyond and how it related to JL and all the other DCAU adventures. You can put as many adventures as you want between them and that show but we know it all leads to that point (Batman Beyond).
Old Yesterday, 11:43 PM   #2947
CyberCubed
Overlord

There was no mention of the Kraang in that flashback though, all they kept saying was, "The Mutagen bomb went off."

If the Turtles said something like, "The Kraang returned" or "The Kraang won" or "We were busy fighting the Kraang when this happened...etc"

But they didn't. There's no indication the Kraang were there.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:48 PM   #2948
newhire13
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
There was no mention of the Kraang in that flashback though, all they kept saying was, "The Mutagen bomb went off."

If the Turtles said something like, "The Kraang returned" or "The Kraang won" or "We were busy fighting the Kraang when this happened...etc"

But they didn't. There's no indication the Kraang were there.
People have pointed out that there's a Kraang symbol on the M-Bomb

Last edited by newhire13; Yesterday at 11:55 PM.
Old Today, 01:00 AM   #2949
newfan
Hench Mutant

The other turtles were in the same reality though, however, yes I'll go with the above, there ended up being another one
newfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:06 AM   #2950
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
People have pointed out that there's a Kraang symbol on the M-Bomb
Which doesn't mean the Kraang themselves launched it. It could have been programmed by their computers to launch at a certain date, or as said, any random terrorist or person with knowledge of these bombs could have launched it.

Unless Ciro confirms something, I'm just going to assume it was a failsafe bomb the Kraang planted deep underground all throughout the Earth as a last resort in case they were defeated. Basically a doomsday scenario that worked.
Old Today, 04:17 AM   #2951
ToTheNines
[sic]

My personal headcanon is that it was Sub-Prime. After he was flung into the Mirage universe, we never saw him again after that.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:52 AM   #2952
Chris
Mad Scientist

That was his last appearance in the show, but since the space arc was back in time, doesn't that make his chronological final appearance the season 3 finale where he died with Kraang Orime when the Technodrome was destroyed?

Or is the thinking that he never escaped the Prime universe so in the new timeline he wasn't on the Technodrome when it got destroyed? Can't remember what they showed in Earth's Last Stand now but I think we just saw the Technodrome blow, not Kraang Prime & Subprime inside.
Chris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:39 AM   #2953
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
That was his last appearance in the show, but since the space arc was back in time, doesn't that make his chronological final appearance the season 3 finale where he died with Kraang Orime when the Technodrome was destroyed?

Or is the thinking that he never escaped the Prime universe so in the new timeline he wasn't on the Technodrome when it got destroyed? Can't remember what they showed in Earth's Last Stand now but I think we just saw the Technodrome blow, not Kraang Prime & Subprime inside.
The latter, precisely.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:44 AM   #2954
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I'd like to think that maybe it could have been the alternate Turtles and not the original ones who dealt with this, but I don't think it is.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:47 AM   #2955
newhire13
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Which doesn't mean the Kraang themselves launched it. It could have been programmed by their computers to launch at a certain date, or as said, any random terrorist or person with knowledge of these bombs could have launched it.

Unless Ciro confirms something, I'm just going to assume it was a failsafe bomb the Kraang planted deep underground all throughout the Earth as a last resort in case they were defeated. Basically a doomsday scenario that worked.
Yeah, you're reaching and making things over complicated. There's a Kraang symbol on it, its a weapon that does exactly what the Kraang's plan was. Odds are its the Kraang. But make up whatever you want if it makes you feel better.
Old Today, 09:25 AM   #2956
Ashwolf
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Yeah, you're reaching and making things over complicated. There's a Kraang symbol on it, its a weapon that does exactly what the Kraang's plan was. Odds are its the Kraang. But make up whatever you want if it makes you feel better.
Cyber is being Cyber but on this, i dont think its that much of a stretch. Still a stretch but not that much cause the kraang spent millenia trying 2 modify the mutagen, i dont think they wouldve given up so easily w/out a no other option scenerio - mutagen bomb from nowhere. As far as who triggered it, honestly who knows.... Heck, it could be like how the purple dragons released that person that bishop experimented on in dragons brew, random party/individuals deciding to tamper w/ unknown tech.

Last edited by Ashwolf; Today at 09:35 AM.
Ashwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:42 AM   #2957
Vicky82
Emperor

Here's a promo for the Monster Arc for anyone who hasn't seen the episodes yet.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZbdIkEjuDt/?taken-by=tmnt

Vicky82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:02 AM   #2958
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Here's a promo for the Monster Arc for anyone who hasn't seen the episodes yet.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZbdIkEjuDt/?taken-by=tmnt
Looks like the Monster Arc is only on NickToons.

It will start on Wednesday at 8pm only on Nicktoons.
https://twitter.com/TMNT/status/911983696391139330

It makes me wonder why Nickelodeon moved the Monster Arc to NickToons instead of its regular channel, I think its cause the Monster Arc might be too intense and scary for the younger viewers, who watch on regular Nickelodeon.

Last edited by TigerClaw; Today at 10:18 AM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:39 AM   #2959
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
It's because the Kraang are gone.

Kraangs subprime was also trapped in the Turtle Prime universe, and knowing how violent those Turtles are portrayed every time we see them, he obviously would not last long there before they killed him and turned him into chewing gum.
Old Today, 11:43 AM   #2960
Kit31
Random Punk

Quote:
It's because the Kraang are gone.

Kraangs subprime was also trapped in the Turtle Prime universe, and knowing how violent those Turtles are portrayed every time we see them, he obviously would not last long there before they killed him and turned him into chewing gum.
I don't know if I should be mortified or amused by that. lol

Tags
season 5