The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 10-05-2019, 10:22 AM   #1
mikey0
Foot Elite

Chromedome

Does anyone wish that the 1991 Chromedome or 1995 Warrior Chromedome had a pose similar to that of the 1988 Shredder figure? The 1989 Metalhead was neat in that it was basically a robotic 1988 Donatello. What are your thoughts on this, exactly? Did you like the 1991 Chromedome and ‘95 Warrior Chromedome the way they were or could they have been improved?
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 11:16 AM   #2
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Does anyone wish that the 1991 Chromedome or 1995 Warrior Chromedome had a pose similar to that of the 1988 Shredder figure? The 1989 Metalhead was neat in that it was basically a robotic 1988 Donatello. What are your thoughts on this, exactly? Did you like the 1991 Chromedome and ‘95 Warrior Chromedome the way they were or could they have been improved?
Loved the figure and its accessories. Only real gripe is that I wish it had been a little larger, since in the cartoon he was much larger than the turtles. But it was a pretty sweet toy for its time.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 11:22 AM   #3
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
Loved the figure and its accessories. Only real gripe is that I wish it had been a little larger, since in the cartoon he was much larger than the turtles. But it was a pretty sweet toy for its time.
I always look at Chromedome online and believe that if it had been made in any part of the 1980s before 1988, Playmates would have used the arm and leg molds from the basic wave Shredder figure. I think I might have liked Chromedome better if he were the exact robotic model of the 1988 Shredder figure the way Metalhead was of the 1988 Donatello figure.
Old 10-05-2019, 11:40 AM   #4
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
No figure should have the pose of the '88 Shredder, not even the '88 Shredder. To this day it bugs me that the main villain from the line has quite possibly the dumbest figure.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 12:24 PM   #5
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

I thought you were going to make a separate thread for all your, imo, nonstop random questions.

I don’t mind the questions, but making a thread asking if people would have preferred a slighter bluer hue on the 93 Leo seems slightly like spamming.

Make a thread called “MikeyO wants to know...”

Something. Anything.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 12:31 PM   #6
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
No figure should have the pose of the '88 Shredder, not even the '88 Shredder. To this day it bugs me that the main villain from the line has quite possibly the dumbest figure.
The ‘88 Shredder figure has the pose that Shredder had in the Mirage Comics comic book series. I hear what you’re saying, nonetheless. The original Playmates toy line should have been based off of the FW cartoon series alone and not for fans of the Mirage Comics series, Archie Comics series, and movie series.

Quote:
The figure came before the cartoon, I think. It seems as if there was not any advertising (besides the 1991 commercial and cartoon episode) at all for Chromedome in the 1991 to 1993 era all the way up to today. There wasn’t much for Metalhead either, but Metalhead does currently appear on some character group shirts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNES View Post
I thought you were going to make a separate thread for all your, imo, nonstop random questions.

I don’t mind the questions, but making a thread asking if people would have preferred a slighter bluer hue on the 93 Leo seems slightly like spamming.

Make a thread called “MikeyO wants to know...”

Something. Anything.
Please don’t think I’m spamming with these threads. I had no idea that someone could make a thread with a title like that. Everyone does things from one another differently.

It’s not a good idea for me to start any thread with “Mikey0 wants to know” on this forum because I seem to annoy a few posters on here already for being a casual onlooker (not a TMNT fan) who likes to talk.

Last edited by mikey0; 10-08-2019 at 08:20 AM.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:25 AM   #7
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
You’re right. Chromedome should have slightly towered over Metalhead the way that first basic wave Shredder does over the first basic wave turtles. Metalhead was always the more impressive action figure from where I stand. Both figures sold pretty well though. Metalhead was harder to find out of the two because the idea of a robotic turtle for a line like the original Playmates toy line was much cooler than a robotic Shredder.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:42 PM   #8
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
No figure should have the pose of the '88 Shredder, not even the '88 Shredder.
My thoughts exactly.

My gripe with this figure is the removable wings. Wish they had been permanent part of the body. Pretty amazed I still have mine.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote