The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > Questions/Comments/Suggestions

Notices

Old 10-04-2014, 03:50 PM   #1
Longview01
Foot Soldier

No Next Mutation section?

Any reason?

and where do I go to discuss it?
Longview01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 04:33 PM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

The reason is nobody likes it, therefore there is no discussion. Of course, when I say nobody, I just mean most people, not literally the whole population of this site. I like it. Anyway, it, along with the live action tours, Fred Wolf cartoon, & random stuff in between without designation, goes in General Discussion. There are a bunch of Next Mutation threads scattered throughout, so be sure to do a search before you make one.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 04:36 PM   #3
Shiro Kame
Foot Clan Mutant Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
The reason is nobody likes it, therefore there is no discussion. Of course, when I say nobody, I just mean most people, not literally the whole population of this site. I like it. Anyway, it, along with the live action tours, Fred Wolf cartoon, & random stuff in between without designation, goes in General Discussion. There are a bunch of Next Mutation threads scattered throughout, so be sure to do a search before you make one.
Yeah, it's one of the lowest liked incarnations of TMNT. Even Laird disowned it.

Shiro Kame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 11:33 PM   #4
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I asked a long time ago and the official answer is because all classic turtles had to be discussed in the general TMNT section, since its not a "OT" section but a TMNT section, the 2k3 section was only added later to not flood the TMNT section with only 2k3 section and so the other sections were eventually created, in fact the movie section was not made until the 2007 movie was coming out, before that all movie discussions were in general TMNT.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 11:40 PM   #5
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

A Next Mutation section would be full of bickering because it's awful, so if you like it, I'd consider it a good thing there's no section for it.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:00 PM   #6
pennydreadful
trash

Hey dude, PM me if you ever want to chat Next Mutation stuff, as I'm one of the few that likes it (for me, it's in the "so bad it's good" category! )

Then again, I'm the type of person who likes awful stuff like Troll 2, so... feel free to take any of my opinions with a grain of salt.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 03:33 PM   #7
Darthknuxward
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
Hey dude, PM me if you ever want to chat Next Mutation stuff, as I'm one of the few that likes it (for me, it's in the "so bad it's good" category! )

Then again, I'm the type of person who likes awful stuff like Troll 2, so... feel free to take any of my opinions with a grain of salt.
I'm with you on it being so bad it's good. Whenever I need something lighthearted and as non-serious as you can get, I turn on this show.

Quote:
Originally posted by The True Shredder
I give a rat's ass. I killed Master Splinter and will give you his rat's ass!

Quote:
Originally posted by snake
WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?

FEEL MY FREEZE!

I'm not quite dead.
Darthknuxward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 03:39 PM   #8
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longview01 View Post
Any reason?

and where do I go to discuss it?
In General TMNT Discussion.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:26 PM   #9
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthknuxward View Post
I'm with you on it being so bad it's good. Whenever I need something lighthearted and as non-serious as you can get, I turn on this show.
Word. There is a great deal of enjoyment to be had in terrible tv shows and movies. People like me are the reason Charles Band has a career.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 09:34 AM   #10
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

well

I think there should be one. If the PD movie gets it's own sub forum then the next mutation should get it's own. There at least should have been or should be a vote or something
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 09:45 AM   #11
Mew
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
I think there should be one. If the PD movie gets it's own sub forum then the next mutation should get it's own. There at least should have been or should be a vote or something
Yes. I like Next Mutation.
Ask Krang about it.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 10:03 AM   #12
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
NM don't really need it's own section, though. It's a 26 episode show and little else, they toys based on the show is dealt in the toy section.

The PD movie(s) got their own section becasue people can't have a civil discussion about that specific portion of the franchise, and instead of having a constant lockdown on the movie section, there is now a managable sub-section for the PD movies.

We don't need a NM section as we don't need a Turtle Tunes/Turtle Christmas section, or a Blue Line section or a TMNT OVA section. It's to niche, and too silly.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:40 AM   #13
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
NM don't really need it's own section, though. It's a 26 episode show and little else, they toys based on the show is dealt in the toy section.

The PD movie(s) got their own section becasue people can't have a civil discussion about that specific portion of the franchise, and instead of having a constant lockdown on the movie section, there is now a managable sub-section for the PD movies.

We don't need a NM section as we don't need a Turtle Tunes/Turtle Christmas section, or a Blue Line section or a TMNT OVA section. It's to niche, and too silly.
1 is needed. If anything you helped make the argument for it. People can't be civil about the PD movie, so they made it's own subforum for people who like it.

Hence do the same thing for People who like The Next mutation. There needs to be a safe place to talk about it. We don't need a thread every once in a while they just gets chewed out as soon as it appears by petty people. Also they get buried so quick that it's likely for the same thread to appear multiple times. If you don't like it, don't go into the universe. Simple as that.

You're letting your personal opinions of the show blind you. It deserves it's own
Old 02-27-2015, 11:04 AM   #14
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
1 is needed. If anything you helped make the argument for it. People can't be civil about the PD movie, so they made it's own subforum for people who like it.
What are you talking about, my post do not "help" thh argument in any bit, comapring people debating over Next Muation versus Platinum Dunes, is completely asinine, and in no way comparable. It's like apples and oranges, as people tend to be civil about NM.

Quote:
Hence do the same thing for People who like The Next mutation. There needs to be a safe place to talk about it. We don't need a thread every once in a while they just gets chewed out as soon as it appears by petty people.
That is in no way what the PD section is for. It's not a "safe haven" for sheltered fragile flowers that can't handle a debate. It's a separate section, so when the next huge argument hits and the section needs to be in a lockdown so people can cool off, it won't lock down the rest of the movie section. Next Mutation need no such thing.

Quote:
Also they get buried so quick that it's likely for the same thread to appear multiple times. If you don't like it, don't go into the universe. Simple as that.
Pssst, we have a search function that works great.

Quote:
You're letting your personal opinions of the show blind you. It deserves it's own
I like Next Mutation, I've seen the show several times, so don't come here and think you know what's what, casue you clearly don't.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:05 AM   #15
Mew
Banned

We still need the section.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 11:56 AM   #16
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

Need a safe place for the fans to talk simple as that

In general discussion the threads are just left to go to crap. In TNM discussion the stupid comments will get deleted and the actual fans can talk and have compelling idea's and discussions. For example: what could have been, what you liked, what you wish they did, fav characters, ect.

There needs to be a discussion universe for it. The Next mutation bigotry has to stop.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:32 PM   #17
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Don't tell me we're gonna argue about whether or not we're gonna argue about Next Mutation.

Dammit, Venus, even when people like you, you cause nothing but trouble!!!
Old 02-27-2015, 12:39 PM   #18
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
In general discussion the threads are just left to go to crap. In TNM discussion the stupid comments will get deleted and the actual fans can talk and have compelling idea's and discussions. For example: what could have been, what you liked, what you wish they did, fav characters, ect.

There needs to be a discussion universe for it. The Next mutation bigotry has to stop.
Why does a short-lived Live-action show from Saban need special treatment comapred to the rest of the franchsie and the forums?

These threads can easily be made in the general section, where it belongs. A separate section doesn't change any of the things you wrote.
Old 02-27-2015, 03:32 PM   #19
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Why does a short-lived Live-action show from Saban need special treatment comapred to the rest of the franchsie and the forums?
I agree with this no other part of the Turtles franchise gets special treatment why should a short lived crappy saban show get that.

Quote:

Are you Serious you are the biggest Butthurt person on this forum. People crap on the 2014 movie all the damn time on this forum so expect people to crap on Next Mutation. its a forum people have the right to say what they want whether they like something or don't.

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 02-27-2015 at 03:58 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 09:35 PM   #20
Nameless
Mad Scientist

Quote:

pretty sure most if not all those topics have been discussed at some point. use the search tool.

and there is no need for a separate sub forum for TNM. if we have survived this many years without one i'm sure we can continue to do so. and for the record i enjoyed the show.

My Collection:http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...09#post1103509
Nameless is offline   Reply With Quote