The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 08-10-2017, 06:34 AM   #321
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
She is the falcon henchmutant from IDW. One of Shredder's followers along with the hammerhead shark Bludgeon. But I was thinking that with few adjustmenta to her background she could be pretty cool as a Mutanimal.
Yeah, she does sound cool so I definitely think you should use her.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 03:27 PM   #322
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Just finished writing the latest chapter of Tales of a Pizza Delivery Boy. Hope to get it posted this weekend.

Old 08-19-2017, 07:56 PM   #323
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Okay so I THINK I have all the wrinkles ironed out on the Mutanimals issue. I came up with a new character to add to the team, and wanted some feedback on him. His name is Eric Allen (half-brother of the recently murdered scientist Chet) and he is a raven. The backstory will be that he was working with his brother on the exo-suit Shredder stole, and ended up being abducted at some point after the Stock-Tronics incident. He was mutated as punishment when he refused to cooperate, and has been held captive with the other mutants Shredder was creating. He will be called Corvos as a nickname later on.

Character-wise, he is clever and intuitive, curious and mischievous, but also cunning and shrewd when in difficult situations. He is also deeply spiritual, with a strong moral compass and sense of compassion and responsibility toward those around him. His background includes being raised in Native American culture traditions by his mother(Radical maybe?) with a leaning toward shamanic practices along with his interest in science. Sort of the opposite view of Donatello on matters regarding the two- he sees them being in harmony.

So what do you guys think? Cool or no?

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 06:41 AM   #324
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I think it's very cool, Duckie, and I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Just posted a new story called Mind Games and am working on an update for The Pizza Delivery Boy and the Phoenix.

Old 09-02-2017, 01:20 AM   #325
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm considering something for my fanfiction, but I'm not sure where the information in it should be revealed or even how to hint at it.
Old 09-02-2017, 06:31 AM   #326
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

What did you have in mind for it?

Old 09-02-2017, 10:41 AM   #327
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

I'm plotting out a new fic, dealing with a possible origin for Splinter. It involves a bit of a crossover with The Secret of NIMH. I'm working out how a rat from NIMH ended up as a pet in Japan.....

Old 09-02-2017, 12:23 PM   #328
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
What did you have in mind for it?
It's in my story about Professor Obligado. I'm considering the idea that his mother died a few weeks before the story's start, leaving him without either of his parents, and he's trying to cope. I'm not sure if that'll work in the story's setting, but it might drive him to "stretch his consciousness across a black hole's event horizon to remember his birth", as was mentioned in his first mini issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I'm plotting out a new fic, dealing with a possible origin for Splinter. It involves a bit of a crossover with The Secret of NIMH. I'm working out how a rat from NIMH ended up as a pet in Japan.....
That...actually brings a whole lot more sense to Splinter's Mirage origins...
Old 09-02-2017, 12:41 PM   #329
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Yeah I came up with the idea a few months ago after a rewatch of the NIMH movie. If nothing else it would explain how he could live so long in the original comics (and could learn nnjutsu from watching his owner....)

Old 09-02-2017, 04:39 PM   #330
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Utie, I think that would work so you should go for it.

Duckie, that would actually make sense if done right. I haven't seen the movie in a while but I do have the book and have read it so I definitely know the story. You could probably do a good job with it so go for it.

Just posted a new fan fic called Tales from the Other Side of the City which is another crossover of my Tales of a Pizza Delivery Boy universe and Illusionna's The Other Side of the City universe. It's mostly a side story to The Pizza Delivery Boy and the Phoenix and is more of a slice of life type of thing with little side stories to make things more fun.

Old 10-30-2017, 11:22 PM   #331
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Well, I have gone into a direction with my TMNT take that I think I wouldn't go with. But I like it!

At first, I didn't think I'd have the Malignoids involved at all, as I wasn't sure what to do with them. Then, combining Stranger Things Mind Flayer and suddenly remembering that this awfulness exists finally gave me an idea for a central conflict.

I didn't want to go into the "Good Must Triumph Over Evil™" thing that most TMNT stories do (except maybe Mirage?), and instead look at all the grays. Or at the very least, the cruelty of nature barging into the complicated matters of inter-political issues and worsening them.

Those issues being the Utroms and Triceratons blaming each other for the fungus' existence, Maligna in anguish and not caring where it came from, and the Neutrinos trying to keep everyone from firing on each other again. Eventually humans get dragged in, though some are more aware than others, and that's how the turtles would finally exist.

All because some big space bugs got zombified by mushrooms.

However, I'm not presenting it in a linear fashion. Rather, in more of a Tales of the TMNT format with the stories scattered around and exchanged with other ideas. The main story would be swapped intermittently with a little kick of something different. Professor Obligado in his youth. Mozar's sister learning something she shouldn't and ultimately being exiled for it. An Utrom Aristocrat rebelling against her grandparents and the aristocracy as a whole after she has a tragedy. The two of them becoming close friends in spite of their people being on edge with each other. April's history. How April's grandparents met. Casey's history. Casey trying to find his long-lost sister.

Lots of stuff. And with snippets of world building, original character profiles, and species profiles.

It just seems to be easier for me to do it that way.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 10-30-2017 at 11:42 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:58 AM   #332
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Those sound like some interesting ideas. I'd love to see how it all pans out. Meanwhile, I'm stuck again, having a bit of difficulty with a scene where Mikey and "Corvos" are talking while they are going down to raid the Technodrome's armory for equipment to use in their defense against Bishop. The conversation revolves around the conflict between Mikey and Leo over his deal with Krang and how Leo feels about Mikey's desire to be "normal". I wanted to show their argument from an outsider's perspective, but I'm having some difficulty finding Corvos's "voice".

Old 11-06-2017, 10:37 AM   #333
Allio
Foot Elite

Working on a book called "BeastByte" the idea is essentially a deconstruction of "fantasy" type of stories like Monster High/My Little Pony/Once Upon a Zombie/Enchantimals.

Using a setting from an old manga I read long ago, humans are being born from animals (like a lion having a human daughter; or a snake) though in the reverse of films like "once upon a forest" where animals are personified; these "humans" have very animal traits; if their animal counterparts do a thing, they can do the thing.

Say Muis, child of the mouse, has babies, there is a strong possibility she would eat her babies. Mice are monsters.

Now the joke in this series series is simple. While everything in this world is explain (like how many animals that aren't apart of the same ecosystem living together) the joke is "how did animals skip x generations of evolution for a snake to have a human child" and the answer is "*uck you, that's why" which again relates back to series like Alvin and chipmunks whom are supposedly animals but look 98% human.

Then the fantasy is broken even more as I introduce actual humans
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 03:23 AM   #334
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Sweet mercy this downtime is killing me.

I'll be brief.

The show I was working on wrapped back in late August. I was told if we come back for a second season, I'd be brought into the writers room. I was also told we'd be premiering early December, and we'd know within the first three weeks whether we're coming back for season 2, at which time the writers would begin immediately.

The producers for this show also have a different show which they shot at the same time we shot our show. Right before December came around, they decided to swap the premiere dates, so that show has now premiered while ours won't until early April.

During this time, I did odd jobs here and there but nothing that would keep me contractually obligated in the event our show comes back for a second season. This is all to say I've had a long, long, long boring bout of unemployment the past few months, and it's driving me a little insane.

In regards to writing, with this downtime I was able to finish a feature script, a pilot, and am in the midst of writing my first comedy feature. I also just started John Truby's The Anatomy of Story, which has been fantastic.

Anyway, just wanted to post something here before this thread gets lost to the ages. I hope everyone else is still going strong and generating some content you're happy with.

Here's to a productive year, fellas
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 03:36 AM   #335
ZariusTwo
Overlord

While I'm usually a fanfic guy, I managed to write at least a few original pieces lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
In regards to writing, with this downtime I was able to finish a feature script, a pilot, and am in the midst of writing my first comedy feature. I also just started John Truby's The Anatomy of Story, which has been fantastic.
Awesome to hear how busy you're keeping yourself. Sounds like you've got a lot of energy to cope with a workload like that, so push ahead.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 06:03 PM   #336
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Haven't had a lot of time, energy, or motivation for writing lately, to be honest. Work has been leaving me so tired from long hours that when I get home I am just mentally drained. But I did finally manage to iron out most of the kinks in the scene I've been struggling with, so hopefully I will have it finished tomorrow. I hope everyone checks it out and leaves some input!

Old 02-05-2018, 09:27 AM   #337
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I've decided to do some adaptation work for my next few 'fics. It allows me to "improve" on a classic episode with original dialogue and reworked scenes, plus it doesn't tax me out creatively conjuring up an entirely original plot.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 04:51 PM   #338
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

As I had hoped, yesterday I actually got a lot done, nearly three pages in fact. However, it has become clear that I need to split the chapter up, because it is running much longer than I expected.

Old 02-05-2018, 05:06 PM   #339
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I've come to some weird places in my writing....some of which might be related in my screwed up circadian rhythm.

Lots of ideas, but not really sure what to write down.

And plot holes
Old 02-25-2018, 11:50 AM   #340
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

I loathe plot holes with a passion. I try to fix them whenever I see them pop up in my tales, even if it's something as simple as a date not lining up, or a minor detail that contradicts something else. I'm big on keeping track of minor stuff, and going back over the story to see if it needs adjusting anywhere. Hoping to finally get the rest of that chapter hammered out today, and posted if possible. My net tether has been acting up and I don't know why- keeps saying I have no connection even though it lets me post here, but nowhere else....