The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 09-24-2018, 03:01 PM   #321
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Maybe? Losing trust in Nick anymore. At the very least, all this junk right here will enter "has been done" status. (The meager silver lining, I suppose.)

At which point I suppose they either 1) do something more true to TMNT, or 2) go even more bat crap crazy. (Universe help us if it's the latter.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 03:17 PM   #322
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Maybe? Losing trust in Nick anymore. At the very least, all this junk right here will enter "has been done" status. (The meager silver lining, I suppose.)

At which point I suppose they either 1) do something more true to TMNT, or 2) go even more bat crap crazy. (Universe help us if it's the latter.)
The latter? I can imagine them going the full Teen Titans Go/Sonic Boom/etc. approach and not even try to have a coherent storyline.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:27 PM   #323
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Is anyone else reminded of Kowaski (The Penguins of Madagascar version) by Donnie's portrayal? Because of War and Pizza, it game me the impression that Donnie's inventions have a tendency to eventually either turn evil, or threaten to destroy all live as we know it.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 12:56 PM   #324
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Okay, so here's the thing. This Splinter clearly could not care less about these Turtles, and more than likely he's probably pretty much always been the way he is at present for the entirety of their lives so far.

So if he presumably left that underground place at some point years ago, either by choice or by force, was he SENTENCED (or ordered) to take the Turtles with him and raise them? Through no choice of his own?

Because if he actually needed to escape from that place and did, then as it stands, there just isn't any reason to consider that he'd have had ANY motivation or sympathy at all to rescue four infants (a likely burden to him and a hindrance to escaping), and take them with him. There, at least so far, seems to be no reason why he'd have given a crap if they were just left there to rot. He's indifferent enough toward them, what difference would it make if he left Draxum to raise them since he created them (or so it sounds) in the first place.

It sadly would not surprise me if this version of rat dad had or would ever utter those horrible words telling them they were a mistake (to rescue). Unless he was forced to be their guardian and had no choice. Though even then it's surprising he didn't just leave them in a ditch. Maybe there is something in it for him.

Yes, I'm "thinking about it too hard" and trying to put some kind of logic into an illogical and so far so often crappily written series, but it hardly gives us much worthy of discussion anyhow, so why not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
The latter? I can imagine them going the full Teen Titans Go/Sonic Boom/etc. approach and not even try to have a coherent storyline.
Shhh... don't tempt them. Actually no, talking about it will probably be better discouragement. lol
Old 09-25-2018, 03:18 PM   #325
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Okay, so here's the thing. This Splinter clearly could not care less about these Turtles, and more than likely he's probably pretty much always been the way he is at present for the entirety of their lives so far.

So if he presumably left that underground place at some point years ago, either by choice or by force, was he SENTENCED (or ordered) to take the Turtles with him and raise them? Through no choice of his own?

Because if he actually needed to escape from that place and did, then as it stands, there just isn't any reason to consider that he'd have had ANY motivation or sympathy at all to rescue four infants (a likely burden to him and a hindrance to escaping), and take them with him. There, at least so far, seems to be no reason why he'd have given a crap if they were just left there to rot. He's indifferent enough toward them, what difference would it make if he left Draxum to raise them since he created them (or so it sounds) in the first place.

It sadly would not surprise me if this version of rat dad had or would ever utter those horrible words telling them they were a mistake (to rescue). Unless he was forced to be their guardian and had no choice. Though even then it's surprising he didn't just leave them in a ditch. Maybe there is something in it for him.

Yes, I'm "thinking about it too hard" and trying to put some kind of logic into an illogical and so far so often crappily written series, but it hardly gives us much worthy of discussion anyhow, so why not.

Shhh... don't tempt them. Actually no, talking about it will probably be better discouragement. lol

1. This version of Splinter is definitely an abusive character. Hopefully he either mellows out or we get his abuse treated as a very serious danger and something the Turtles must put an end to and escape. Let's not see him become another Buck Cluck/Lusamine/Peter Griffin in terms of writing. I can only imagine him going all Ghetsis on the turtles ("You are nothing but freaks without human hearts!")…

2. They'd probably get the guys behind Breadwinners on that, like how they did for he Team-Up shorts.

Last edited by miru; 09-26-2018 at 08:54 AM.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 01:13 PM   #326
Vegeta
Hench Mutant

I'm not sure how anyone who isn't a kid can sit through this. It definitely looks better than the nick show but it's a typical modern cartoon. Flash animation, adhd non stop empty dialogue, no characterization. It's empty just like the bay movies. Oh well, back to the comics.
Old 09-26-2018, 01:54 PM   #327
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
I'm not sure how anyone who isn't a kid can sit through this. It definitely looks better than the nick show but it's a typical modern cartoon. Flash animation, adhd non stop empty dialogue, no characterization. It's empty just like the bay movies. Oh well, back to the comics.
Dude, have you seen Ducktales/Gravity Falls/etc?

They’re deeper than that, and hopefully this show becomes such too.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:36 PM   #328
Vegeta
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
Dude, have you seen Ducktales/Gravity Falls/etc?

They’re deeper than that, and hopefully this show becomes such too.
I haven't, a buddy of mine told me ducktales is great. Rise is disposable, honestly I can't stand it but I'm old so that wont hurt nick
Old 09-27-2018, 09:30 AM   #329
ABrown
Banned

Every time that I try, and I have tried SEVERAL times, to watch one of the episodes. I can't seem to go more than 2-3 minutes before stopping and saying to myself "WTF am I watching?". And I mean it literally. I have absolutely no idea what I'm watching. I swear there's absolutely nothing going on in this show. Is the current generation of kids that brain dead that this is what entertains them? I mean this series is like something for zombies.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 09:54 AM   #330
Vegita-San
Emperor

i finally forced myself to sit through all of episode 1. it was really tough.
i just don't get the point of this show. why have no shredder, if there is foot soldiers and mutagen? seems pointless.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 12:14 PM   #331
Leonardo2003
Foot Soldier

Minotaur Maze

Well, since 'Minotaur Maze' is episode 6B, and episode 6A 'Shell in a Cell' aired a week ago, you can only figure it will air soon, before the October break. There are no dates yet on the episode on any listing cite or MikeyandPizza tumblr.
But I think that well see it before the break from new eps in October.
Leonardo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 12:44 PM   #332
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Is the current generation of kids that brain dead that this is what entertains them? I mean this series is like something for zombies.
I've often wondered the same. Like pets, just throw a shiny, colorful object at them and they're entertained enough? Is it the kids, the creators (who think that is all kids are made of and/or laziness on their part), or both? Is it the result of a culture that tends to expect multitasking and over-schedules everyone with too many things all the time, including kids?

I suppose there will come a time when most cartoons are just flashy things to numb the mind for 10 minutes since no one will possess enough focus to actually get into a good story anymore.
Old 09-27-2018, 12:49 PM   #333
Vegita-San
Emperor

it's a little of both...but I think it's a problem of no creative vision, Very few people willing to let creators do their own thing and let the show be their own thing.....and very few creators left with a vision.

all people know how to do is copy what's successful elsewhere...cause that is how all the networks know how to do..and will allow them to do.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 01:07 PM   #334
Vicky82
Emperor

On Zap2it, there are a lot of episodes without episodes titles airing next week, so I assume most of them are new episodes. Just need to wait for Zap2it to update.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 01:11 PM   #335
miru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I've often wondered the same. Like pets, just throw a shiny, colorful object at them and they're entertained enough? Is it the kids, the creators (who think that is all kids are made of and/or laziness on their part), or both? Is it the result of a culture that tends to expect multitasking and over-schedules everyone with too many things all the time, including kids?

I suppose there will come a time when most cartoons are just flashy things to numb the mind for 10 minutes since no one will possess enough focus to actually get into a good story anymore.
Once great shows like Star Vs. The Forces of Evil, Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, Ducktales, Infinity Train, OK. K.O., Welcome to the Wayne, Adventure Time, Regular Show, Villainous, The Loud House, etc. die off (as in, not even re-runs play anymore), we’re headed for a second 1970s in terms of TV animation. Decreasing attention spans and “special snowflakes” will combine to contribute to a new dark age. I shudder to think of what the next show will be like...

Probably exactly the same as those weird Team-Up shorts.
Old 09-27-2018, 01:23 PM   #336
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

How depressing is it that a big chunk of the people making the dumb down cartoons are part of the same generation(s) as many of the rest of us... Kind of dumbfounded that anyone might talk about growing up with a franchise and are excited to be part of a reboot...but then they do the most dumbed down, rediculous thing they can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
On Zap2it, there are a lot of episodes without episodes titles airing next week, so I assume most of them are new episodes. Just need to wait for Zap2it to update.
Sounds like what my guide on the tv is showing, with a basic series description and no titles. However... the advertisement for the premier did specify "two weeks," so I dunno. Would be nice if it continues next week, but not holding my breath. So far I'm not seeing any ads for next week.

Ran across this:

Quote:
http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2018/...nickelodeon01/

THURSDAY, OCT. 18
6:00 p.m. - Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles "Mrs. Cuddles"
April and the brothers make Raph face his greatest fear... an adorable kids' TV show bunny.

FRIDAY, OCT. 19
6:00 p.m. - Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles "The Gumbus"
Leo, Mikey and April investigate a mysterious specter that haunts a themed supermarket.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 09-27-2018 at 03:16 PM.
Old 09-27-2018, 09:44 PM   #337
Vegeta
Hench Mutant

Not trying to be negative here but I watched another episode and I just don't know what someone could get out of this show. All of the turtles feel the same, each has rapid manic speech. Nothing feels human, a show for zombies sounds about right.
Old 09-28-2018, 02:24 AM   #338
Vicky82
Emperor

Found this episode which is airing on October 6th

Minotaur Maze
If the mutant maze can be beaten in 30 minutes or less, the pizza is free.

https://tvschedule.zap2it.com/overvi...=sl&aid=gapzap

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 11:32 AM   #339
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Can someone explain the whole episode 6a, 2b, thing to me? When watching them they seem to just be whole episodes. I am watching nick.com so maybe I am missing something. Thanks.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 11:45 AM   #340
Leonardo2003
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
Can someone explain the whole episode 6a, 2b, thing to me? When watching them they seem to just be whole episodes. I am watching nick.com so maybe I am missing something. Thanks.
? Every episode is its own, part a and part b have nothing to do with each other. There will be a couple full length, 22min episodes thru season 1 though.
Leonardo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rise of the tmnt