The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 10-18-2017, 10:00 AM   #1001
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, if they have that much of a problem with you liking something, call them out on it at the very least.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:06 AM   #1002
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Yeah, if they have that much of a problem with you liking something, call them out on it at the very least.
I do and he comes back with a smart ass non-answer acting like he's so smart or something. What an idiot.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 01:35 PM   #1003
bushido
Stone Warrior

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The IDW Collection Volume 7

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/b...-dave-wachter/

Old 11-04-2017, 01:49 PM   #1004
CyberCubed
Overlord

For some reason Mike's smile looks goofy.

Notice how it collects #51-65 only. So where is the Bebop/Rocksteady Destroy Everything mini? I guess in the next one?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 04:05 PM   #1005
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Michelangelo on the cover at long last!!!

now to look for the pre-order.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:58 PM   #1006
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
For some reason Mike's smile looks goofy.

Notice how it collects #51-65 only. So where is the Bebop/Rocksteady Destroy Everything mini? I guess in the next one?
Guess so, but if they do that then V8 will have almost none of the ongoing volumes (if not none at all) since it should have B&R and Universe 1-8, unless they move those around a bit...
Old 11-04-2017, 08:05 PM   #1007
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yes, Universe is going to have a lot of problems now. They have to include the first arc because it's the Turtles first run-in with Bishop and Darkwater and that comes before everything. But the other stuff like the filler Wyrm issue could be placed anywhere really.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:20 PM   #1008
myconius
Abby Normal

i'm thinking Vol. 8 might possibly have B&R on the cover?

there's no real guarantees, but it'd be nice.
also hoping to see Casey on the cover eventually.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:50 AM   #1009
Tardigrade
Random Punk

I hope #65 is not in this one, but in volume 8, since it should happen after BRDE and TMNTU 1-4 (pepperoni is in it and April make a reference to the alliance between the turtles and Baxter Stockman to Lindsey during the party, which happen in TMNTU 4). Plus, TMNTU #5 happen at the same time than #65, so it would be weird to read it 10 issues later.

I would have prefer that they include 51-64 + BRDE in volume 7, but at least I hope 65 is not in volume 7 because it would be really out of place and it would mixed up a lot the chronology.
Tardigrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 02:34 PM   #1010
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I'm hoping this is an error. #65 comes after a ton of Universe issues and the Bebop and Rocksteady special, as you guys already said.

And given that IDW has already collected all the previous mini-series and micro-series in the hardcover collections, in chronological order, it really does seem out of character.

I guess we'll see. But please please please don't screw this up, IDW.
Old 11-05-2017, 02:42 PM   #1011
CyberCubed
Overlord

I guess the problem is now Universe has a lot of stories that take place within the main ongoing, and IDW doesn't want to split up arcs from the main series because it would make reading through two different stories jarring.
Old 11-05-2017, 03:02 PM   #1012
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
I guess the problem is now Universe has a lot of stories that take place within the main ongoing, and IDW doesn't want to split up arcs from the main series because it would make reading through two different stories jarring.
#65 isn't part of an arc. It's the Christmas issue. "Chasing Phantoms" ended on #64.
Old 11-05-2017, 05:30 PM   #1013
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I'm hoping this is an error. #65 comes after a ton of Universe issues and the Bebop and Rocksteady special, as you guys already said.

And given that IDW has already collected all the previous mini-series and micro-series in the hardcover collections, in chronological order, it really does seem out of character.

I guess we'll see. But please please please don't screw this up, IDW.
Hope so too, it was perfect so far so I really really hope they don't screw this up now...
Old 11-06-2017, 10:17 AM   #1014
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Like some of you, I like to map out how I think the future hardbacks will go...

I'm currently predicting Volume 8 will contain Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything, Universe #1-6, the two backup stories "Inside Out" and "What is Ninja", and TMNT #65.

Cover, I'm hoping Bebop and Rocksteady, with a brown spine.
Old 11-06-2017, 11:52 AM   #1015
CyberCubed
Overlord

Oh man, I forgot about those back-ups. At this point I think the collections will have to be filled with Universe issues, so collecting the main ongoing is going to be delayed.

At this point half the new volumes will be filled with Universe issues rather than the main ongoing. And they have to do it in a certain order too because it wouldn't make sense to come after some events int he main series.
Old 11-06-2017, 11:53 AM   #1016
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tardigrade View Post
I hope #65 is not in this one, but in volume 8, since it should happen after BRDE and TMNTU 1-4 (pepperoni is in it and April make a reference to the alliance between the turtles and Baxter Stockman to Lindsey during the party, which happen in TMNTU 4). Plus, TMNTU #5 happen at the same time than #65, so it would be weird to read it 10 issues later.

I would have prefer that they include 51-64 + BRDE in volume 7, but at least I hope 65 is not in volume 7 because it would be really out of place and it would mixed up a lot the chronology.
I really hope that solicitation is wrong too, #65 really needs to go after TMNTU #1-4 at least, and because of that it just makes more sense to include B&RDE in Vol. 7, which would make it the largest volume but only by two issues (not sure of the exact page count that would make it).

I'm making a list of all the issues the hardcover volumes collect. Can anyone who owns them confirm whether these are in the correct order? (and for now I'm going to hold out hope that B&RDE will end up being placed in Vol. 7, but we'll see. Also I have my best guess for Vol. 8; I can see Pantheon Family Reunion going either way, being placed in either Vol. 8 or 9)
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 11:58 AM   #1017
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Oh man, I forgot about those back-ups. At this point I think the collections will have to be filled with Universe issues, so collecting the main ongoing is going to be delayed.

At this point half the new volumes will be filled with Universe issues rather than the main ongoing. And they have to do it in a certain order too because it wouldn't make sense to come after some events int he main series.
it might be possible that since the ongoing and TMNT:Universe are released simultaneous, that these IDW collections might start being released more frequently?

.....hopefully?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I really hope that solicitation is wrong too, #65 really needs to go after TMNTU #1-4 at least, and because of that it just makes more sense to include B&RDE in Vol. 7, which would make it the largest volume but only by two issues (not sure of the exact page count that would make it).

I'm making a list of all the issues the hardcover volumes collect. Can anyone who owns them confirm whether these are in the correct order? (and for now I'm going to hold out hope that B&RDE will end up being placed in Vol. 7, but we'll see. Also I have my best guess for Vol. 8; I can see Pantheon Family Reunion going either way, being placed in either Vol. 8 or 9)
i'd forgotten that they've already had a hiccup in their release with the 2012 Annual being placed just before issue #21 instead of right after issue #14.
the Annual still had them staying at the Second Time Around shop, and by issue #21 there were already living at the Church.

i do hope issue #65 will be placed after 'the War to come' as well.

Last edited by myconius; 11-06-2017 at 12:06 PM.
myconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:36 PM   #1018
Shargor
Thug

Sad, that they decided to exclude B&RDE from Vol. 7, but I understand, where this come from. Otherwise, they won't be able to fill vol. 9 without breaking Dimension X storyline.

But placing TMNT #65 is a huge mistake. I also can understand, why they want to do it - to bulk up this volume a little bit, or it would be too thin. But it can be done other way - by adding Deviations one-shot (as a bonus story).

And then next volumes will be easy to map:
• Volume 8 - B&RDE #1-5, Universe #1-8, Inside Out, Pepperoni, What is Ninja?, TMNT #65-66
• Volume 9 - TMNT #67-72, Universe #9-15, Prey, Usagi Yojimbo
• Volume 10 - FCBD '17, TMNT #73-75, Dimension X #1-5, Ghostbusters II #1-5
• Volume 11 - Invasion of the Triceratons+

P.S. I did all these calculations in more details here: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...&postcount=415
Shargor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:42 PM   #1019
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shargor View Post
Sad, that they decided to exclude B&RDE from Vol. 7, but I understand, where this come from. Otherwise, they won't be able to fill vol. 9 without breaking Dimension X storyline.

But placing TMNT #65 is a huge mistake. I also can understand, why they want to do it - to bulk up this volume a little bit, or it would be too thin. But it can be done other way - by adding Deviations one-shot (as a bonus story).

And then next volumes will be easy to map:
• Volume 8 - B&RDE #1-5, Universe #1-8, Inside Out, Pepperoni, What is Ninja?, TMNT #65-66
• Volume 9 - TMNT #67-72, Universe #9-15, Prey, Usagi Yojimbo
• Volume 10 - FCBD '17, TMNT #73-75, Dimension X #1-5, Ghostbusters II #1-5
• Volume 11 - Invasion of the Triceratons+

P.S. I did all these calculations in more details here: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...&postcount=415
if this would be the breakdown, it'd be nice to see the covers display-

• Volume 8 - Bebop and Rocksteady
• Volume 9 - Karai
• Volume 10 - General Krang
• Volume 11 - Zog (or any Triceraton)

actually the idea of putting the Deviations Tmnt one-shot right after issue 64 would be pretty brilliant.
it fits the mood of Tmnt #64 very well.
Old 11-06-2017, 11:56 PM   #1020
CyberCubed
Overlord

One of the reasons I held off buying these huge hardcover collections is because I wanted to see if it was all done properly before I bit the bullet and started ordering them all off amazon. Besides that or the possibility of this line of collections being canceled halfway through if they don't sell well.

Tags
comic discussion, tmnt