The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 04-17-2017, 11:47 AM   #6741
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Don't know what to do while I wait here, so reading and posting here is all I can do to pass the time. I don't want to think just about what's going on, but it's been incredibly hard.
Yeah, sometimes doing something else can help, it doesn't always take your mind off it completely but it can be comforting.
DisKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 02:05 PM   #6742
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Sorry to hear about your grandmother. Hope the best for you all.

Grind... The "visitor comments" section on Facebook, usually located on the right side of pages for businesses, etc., doesn't seem to be showing up for me now. Oh, but if I log out I can see it just fine. Wtf. As if that is of any help if I want to reply to something, esp if it was my own question. No reason this should have even changed, and deleting cache didn't do anything.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 03:17 PM   #6743
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

There's gotta be another place to access that stuff from, right? Like maybe the links on the side? I haven't used fb extensively in a long time

Failing that you should be able to just log out, get the post pulled up, grab its url, log back in, paste url into your browser.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:54 PM   #6744
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

You're awesome, Net. There's no link for the visitor comments itself (and it opens as a small pop-up so no url to grab from what I can tell), but the "posts" link page does have the visitor comments in place. God only knows why that page should be any different than the default, but thanks for making me go look at it.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:53 PM   #6745
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Had an upset stomach all day at work- complete with a case of "Montezuma's revenge". I think it was something I ate last night because it's mostly gone now but I was miserable all day. Combined with aches from my exertions Sunday at the zoo, it made for a rotten day. Also came with a headache and a lot of nasty burps that came close to being something else.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:38 PM   #6746
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Welllp, I have finally ended my period of love for my Mac. Just had to replace the flimsy charger cord, just a few months after having to get the computer itself repaired.

Same with the big ol' Wacom. It never wants to stay connected.

Hopefully I can get a paid internship, so I can chuck those things off to a refurbisher or something like that and get a Surface Pro 4 or one of its cousins with a graphics card. The test computers at Best Buy already make me happier than either of the products I have right now, and that's just with doing scribbles on their free programs. Windows has gotten ahead of Mac for graphic design as it is for the moment.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:00 PM   #6747
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Never liked Mac myself. Most programs are geared more for Windows-op machines anyway and there are far more choices out there.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:52 PM   #6748
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yep, I'm feeling that pretty hard :/
Old 04-23-2017, 02:10 PM   #6749
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Women who play at being interested only to actually just be playing you because you treat them decently... Seems to be a reaccuring thing for me here lately. Spend time getting to know them, express interest, by all appearances interest is expressed in return until its not. Or they surprise you with the tidbit of info that they're seeing someone already.

If you aren't single and your s/o isn't telling you that you're smart and beautiful, they have issues....
Been there, done that. On the topic of womens....

a female I had interest in a few years ago (whom I havent seen nor really spoken to over the past few years) just up and gave me her number after I had randomly said whats up to her on Facebook the other day. Now mind you, she's married and with 2 kids so I dont know how to feel about this one.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 06:53 PM   #6750
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Been there, done that. On the topic of womens....

a female I had interest in a few years ago (whom I havent seen nor really spoken to over the past few years) just up and gave me her number after I had randomly said whats up to her on Facebook the other day. Now mind you, she's married and with 2 kids so I dont know how to feel about this one.
Run for the hills....

I don't get why, if you tell a woman you like her, some seem more interested in milking compliments rather than just being honest and saying they are romantically interested...

I really miss the old days of dating, conversing and getting to know each other first... that seems to be gone now... if you only talk, you're just a friend...
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 10:17 PM   #6751
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

These last few days have been absolute torture and a living nightmare. The damage to my grandmothers brain was so severe she would never return to a normal state. In the end my family decided to end her suffering and have her taken off the life support. She always said she never wanted to be kept alive by machines. After she was taken off of the support, it took two whole days for her to pass. I only hope she didn't have to suffer anymore during that time.

I will miss her dearly and her absence will always leave a hole in my life. But, in a way, it's a sort of relief that she doesn't have to live a painful life anymore. For all the time I knew her, her existence was a painful one. She battled for years with all kinds of diseases just so she could be with her family, often putting others above her own self, suffering in silence so we didn't worry or feel pain because of her. I doubt I'll ever meet another person like her. I'm just glad she can finally rest, free from the pains she felt in life.

My whole family is really hurting from this; it's the 1st death we've ever experienced in the family. But we'll find a way to endure and stay together, it's what my grandma would've wanted.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 10:27 PM   #6752
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

That's awful . I'm so sorry that's happening.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:11 PM   #6753
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

@Destron - I understand how you're feeling right now, and I'm sorry for your loss.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:06 AM   #6754
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Run for the hills....

I don't get why, if you tell a woman you like her, some seem more interested in milking compliments rather than just being honest and saying they are romantically interested...

I really miss the old days of dating, conversing and getting to know each other first... that seems to be gone now... if you only talk, you're just a friend...
Oh I'm not looking too much into it. She's always been terrible at holding conversations via the phone so it is what it is.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 01:11 PM   #6755
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
That's awful . I'm so sorry that's happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
@Destron - I understand how you're feeling right now, and I'm sorry for your loss.
I appreciate your concern guys. I really do. Things may be rough now, but I'll get through it.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:09 AM   #6756
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Sorry to hear your grandmother passed. Mine was the first I experienced as well and likewise slow to let go.

Grind... Fighting with internet connection. Down all day yesterday, still this morning. You fight with the box and it does no good. It CLAIMS to be connected just fine; all lights on, the account claims there is no issue, but no computer or smart tv, neither wired or wireless, is acting like it has a connection. Trying to refresh it online through the account (via phone) did no good. Talked to the company this morning, they tried to refresh the signal... guy on the phone said it was back up for us, but it didn't do any good. Supposedly he was transferring me to another department, the phone clicked and got a busy signal and had to hang up, after the time I'd already spent even getting that far. >.> Fussed with stuff for a few minutes and before I was about to call back my computer claims the cable for is unplugged... I go see what the modem is doing. When I get there it's working on getting all the lights back on, again, after which I come back upstairs and the computer finally realizes the internet does in fact exist...

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-25-2017 at 08:39 AM.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:51 PM   #6757
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher

People who have no idea what being humble is. They constantly build themselves up all the while being passive aggressive towards everyone else. There is a HUGE difference between being confident and a pompous drip!

My teaching partner all semester was like this. She said her and I were the best in our class and constantly bashed everyone else, though I 100% know she bashed me behind my back too. She constantly made snide comments about any of my teaching ideas and whenever I would get compliments from my professor about a lesson I taught, she would say stuff like, "It's a good thing the professor didn't see your entire lesson."

People like this who feel the need to trample other people's feelings/work to make themselves feel better just really make me mad!

Can you tell I have been holding this in for a while?
Old 04-25-2017, 01:08 PM   #6758
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Ugh, such toxic people. Snakes in the grass. There's a special place in hell (albeit figurative to some of us) for those sorts.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:15 PM   #6759
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Oh yeah, like this?
Spoiler:
Old 04-25-2017, 01:20 PM   #6760
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

What's funny is that the guy who wrote that views himself as one of the "good guys."
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote