The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 02-07-2017, 08:42 AM   #61
MathUser
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Speaking of TMNT 2007, I'm editing the movie myself to enhance the enjoyment. I hated the intro with the long winded narrator ("4 brothers... 4 turtles..." + Winters and the portal planetary alignment Hercules ripoff origin) so I deleted that out and add in the first teaser (the one where they posed with their weapons and Mikey fell from the sky into a garbage container. Rendering takes 2 hours.

I might wanna edit out TMNT 2 Secret of the Ooze next - axing out Keeno, cringeworthy tame weaponless fights and other pointless things. It's like I'm being cleansed from the cringyness of the past.

Reminds me of when someone edited Bee movie to remove bees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eagjpMz2hHU
MathUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 12:02 AM   #62
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I'm guessing it probably should be. They have Shredder's helmet, Time Scepter and broken canister. I wouldn't call them easter eggs. They're very obviously shown to be trophies along with the new stuff.

Reading through the comments some think it's too different of a movie itself but it could take place a long time after the 90s movies. Things just changed and this is what's happening now.

Whether it was officially meant to be doesn't really matter. It works either way.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:00 AM   #63
RaphaelsIsolation
Hench Mutant

It's CGI. It doesn't belong next to the live action movies.

There's the Original cartoon fro 87-96, 2003 4kids, the 2012 nick toon, and the 2007 movie goes in with those.
RaphaelsIsolation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 10:03 AM   #64
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

This thread remains pretty dumb. TMNT (2007) was widely lauded as a continuation of at least TMNT I and II by the writer/director when it came out, and then we saw the movie and it even had TMNT III stuff in there, too. Period. Non-issue.

"B-but maybe it can take place in the 2K3 TMNT ser -- " No.

"B-but there was stuff in the Mirage prequel comics tha -- " No.

"B-but it's CGI so it can't possibly be a sequel to -- " No.

Stop it.

It's TMNT 4, not just for all intents and purposes but going off of every press release, every interview with Munroe on the matter.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 10:29 AM   #65
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
This thread remains pretty dumb. TMNT (2007) was widely lauded as a continuation of at least TMNT I and II by the writer/director when it came out, and then we saw the movie and it even had TMNT III stuff in there, too. Period. Non-issue.

Stop it.

It's TMNT 4, not just for all intents and purposes but going off of every press release, every interview with Munroe on the matter.
Turtles Forever establishes that the 2007 movie and the live action trilogies are separate worlds/dimensions/whatever/.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:15 AM   #66
RaphaelsIsolation
Hench Mutant

Quote:

Stop it.

Remember that show Whammy? When you hit the little Whammy dude and life sucked? Your post is just like that.

BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

No dude, a CGI movie is separate from the live actions. You can twist it around however you see fit, it just doesn't make any sense.

It isn't really in line with anything else. Yeah it was a movie, but when its CGI and not live actions like the rest of the "movies" to me, it's just a really long cartoon episode.

You can't have 5 live actions movies then have 1 CGI movie and consider them in the same group. You just can't.

What?

What?
Old 02-08-2017, 11:25 AM   #67
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelsIsolation View Post
Remember that show Whammy? When you hit the little Whammy dude and life sucked? Your post is just like that.

BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

No dude, a CGI movie is separate from the live actions. You can twist it around however you see fit, it just doesn't make any sense.

It isn't really in line with anything else. Yeah it was a movie, but when its CGI and not live actions like the rest of the "movies" to me, it's just a really long cartoon episode.

You can't have 5 live actions movies then have 1 CGI movie and consider them in the same group. You just can't.

What?

What?
So the director/writer was lying to us all, and on many occasions? He doesn't get to make those determinations?

You're a moron.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:51 AM   #68
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

So a different medium is what makes it noncanon? That's some of the dumbest stuff I've read on the 'Drome, and I've seen some **** in this place
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 12:07 PM   #69
ABrown
Banned

I guess when I watch the CGI TMNT movie, I don't feel like I'm watching a sequel to the first three movies. The stuff in the trophy room just seems like nods to the three live movies. I'm not saying the movie is or is not a sequel to the other three. I'm just saying it's not the impression that I get when I watch the movie.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 12:15 PM   #70
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
So a different medium is what makes it noncanon? That's some of the dumbest stuff I've read on the 'Drome, and I've seen some **** in this place
I know, right? That's like saying all of the Firefly comics Joss Whedon has written aren't canon and the Firefly story stopped with Serenity.

Medium means jack; writer/creator intent means EVERYTHING.
Old 02-08-2017, 12:21 PM   #71
RaphaelsIsolation
Hench Mutant

Seriously? I never said it was non-canon.

It is canon... but it can't be grouped in with the live action movies... because it i s n ' t a

live a c t i o n movie..

moron what?

I never said it was non-canon. Sounds like a bunch of liberals flooding things into other's mouths.

I never said the storyline didn't include anything from the 1st 3 movies. I never said that. I never said the director was lying. I never said any of that.

What I did say t00lboy is that a CGI film shouldn't be grouped with the 1st 3 live actions movies... it is too different.

You're abrasive tone Andrew got you smacked in my post. Glad I got the "you're a moron" reply.

Proves my point... salt just sprinkled from your mouth
Old 02-08-2017, 12:33 PM   #72
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

So, what does "grouped" mean in this context then, and what does being "liberal" have to do with any of this (does EVERYTHING have to be about politics now)?

I don't think we should be calling each other "morons", but I have to disagree with you on this.
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 12:37 PM   #73
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
That is what you are implying when you are writing this:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-08-2017, 12:40 PM   #74
RaphaelsIsolation
Hench Mutant

LoL

Talk about twisting someone's words around.

A CGI movie that came out like 14 years after the previous film that isn't live action like the previous 3 is a standalone.

It's canon sure. Of course it is, but it isn't TMNT #4.
Old 02-08-2017, 12:45 PM   #75
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Turtles Forever saw them as seperate universes
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 12:49 PM   #76
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Turtles Forever saw them as seperate universes
TF also showed artworks from the same universe as "separate universes" so that's not really all that substantial.
Old 02-08-2017, 12:54 PM   #77
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
TF also showed artworks from the same universe as "separate universes" so that's not really all that substantial.
I personally enjoy having them both be in the same universe, as it gives the 2007 turtles backstory and depth. Its cool thinking they were the same ones who fought Shredder in the 1990 film, or the ones who fought Razhar and Tokka in the secret of the Ooze. Same goes for the 80s series and the 2 part OVA in Japan.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 01:47 PM   #78
ToTheNines
[sic]

You don't need to gang up on him. He's obviously having trouble understanding.

First of all, RaphaelsIsolation, I agree that it is not a sequel to the trilogy. But saying it's because of the CGI is a fallacy. The 2007 movie has prequels that are black and white comic books... different medium, same continuity.

Quote:
So the director/writer was lying to us all, and on many occasions? He doesn't get to make those determinations?

You're a moron.
So we've had this same thread pop up a thousand times, and you always just put your hands over you ears and scream "lalalaKevinMunroelalalalaIcanthearyoulalalaKevinM unroe".

Yes, that counts for something. (Personally I think it was his lazy way of saying that these turtles have a past and you need a mild working knowledge of TMNT going in). You can file the director's saying so in the "for" side of the "for and against list". But let's talk about the "against":

- Not a single returning voice actor or attempt to mimic live action cast.

- Not a single familiar musical cue.

- Completely different aesthetic design.

- Not a single returning original character from the trilogy (Penningtons, Stern, Keno, Tatsu)

- Not titled TMNT 4.

- Clearly takes place in the mid-2000's, yet only 2-3 years have passed since the early 90's?

- Splinter has both ears.

All that right there speaks WAY more to the "writer/creator intent" than any bullcrap answer given to some IGN interviewer.

Quote:

It is canon... but it can't be grouped in with the live action movies... because it i s n ' t a

live a c t i o n movie..

moron what?

I never said it was non-canon. Sounds like a bunch of liberals flooding things into other's mouths.

I never said the storyline didn't include anything from the 1st 3 movies. I never said that. I never said the director was lying. I never said any of that.

What I did say t00lboy is that a CGI film shouldn't be grouped with the 1st 3 live actions movies... it is too different.

You're abrasive tone Andrew got you smacked in my post. Glad I got the "you're a moron" reply.

Proves my point... salt just sprinkled from your mouth
Now I think you're confused as to what "canon" means.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 02:56 PM   #79
RaphaelsIsolation
Hench Mutant

Wait? What?

I'm saying that TMNT 2007 is canon. They were trying to twist it around that I was saying that it wasn't canon.

I mean who thinks TMNT 2007 isn't canon? I don't.

I guess TO The NInes thinks it is non-canon in the TMNT universe. That's cool
Old 02-08-2017, 03:07 PM   #80
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
- Not a single returning voice actor or attempt to mimic live action cast.
They replaced whole voice cast members between the existing live action movies, this seems neither here nor there.

Quote:
- Not a single familiar musical cue.
False. The Splinter's theme/the family theme had quite a bit of audible callbacks to Splinter's theme in the first movie.

Quote:
- Completely different aesthetic design.
Well yeah, it's CGI. Though I think we'd have all preferred a more lifelike, Final Fantasy: Spirits Within-kind of aesthetic, I think that was well beyond the reach of their limited budget.

Quote:
- Not a single returning original character from the trilogy
Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, Michelangelo, April, Casey, Splinter. I count 7.

And I'm not sure they could have included Danny, or Tatsu, or Pennington any more than IDW or Nick can even if they wanted to (i.e., they legally can't). Last I heard those character rights were tied up with Golden Harvest or whatever.

Quote:
- Not titled TMNT 4.
Irrelevant. Even the horrible live action TMNT 4 we almost got with Kirby the Campy Turtle and Julie Strain as an enchantress from another dimension wasn't going to be called TMNT 4, but be TMNT: New Generation or various other things they were throwing around. At no time was "TMNT 4" ever the title to be, in any incarnation.

Quote:
- Clearly takes place in the mid-2000's, yet only 2-3 years have passed since the early 90's?
Lots of franchises play with time like that. A CGI TMNT 4 in 2007 set in, like, 1994 for the then-today's audience was never going to happen.

Quote:
- Splinter has both ears.
A particularly odd choice, sure, but hardly proof positive to throw out everything the director/writer has ever firmly affirmed about the film since before Day One.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 02-08-2017 at 03:21 PM.

Tags
tmnt 2007