The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 04-16-2017, 10:08 AM   #2281
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
They believe in aliens, think the Queen of England will die this year a specific way
Don't they know that anyone famous who survived the purge of 2016 is to be declared officially immortal?
Old 04-16-2017, 07:28 PM   #2282
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Making me happy- today we had an Easter lunch buffet with my folks and my grandma and her husband (can't quite call him granddad since she remarried after my grandfather died). Dad was civil for once, and we went to a small local zoo afterward. I rolled Mr. Duckie around the zoo in a wheelchair since he gets tired easily and his blood pressure is an issue but he enjoyed it even though he had trouble seeing some of the animals. We had a mini-train ride around the zoo park afterward which was also neat. A good day over all. Took some pictures at the zoo but I'm not sure how they came out since it was cloudy and the lighting was poor.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 08:57 PM   #2283
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Ha, I have the same thing going on with my grandma's husband.

My boyfriend came to the family event because he was helping to unload new furniture for my bedroom. New headboard, armoire, chair, and nightstand. All wicker. And a new bedspring and mattress. We talked about finding a wicker desk for me to have for work too. I love all the new stuff - and so do the cats.

New bedding will come next. Which will include a bedskirt.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:23 PM   #2284
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Wish Easter was still what it used to be before some people have left us, but... overall it couldn't have been nicer weather. We basically had summer for Easter. Mid 80s, but low humidity and a good breeze. Awesome! Not sure where that came from, it's back to mid 60s by Tues.

Although I've realized that weather that warm in April has its drawbacks where chocolate Easter candy is concerned. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 10:37 PM   #2285
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'd say the drawbacks of the day are that my feet hurt and we couldn't get my new stuff in until after dark, and I have to postpone putting other things back into my room until after I've finished some homework stuff.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:29 PM   #2286
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Hey! Love the new siggy pic Utrom! Yesterday was great but it seems today I'm paying for it. Sore all over from pushing the Mr around all day and it rained today right when it was time to leave work. At least most of the pics turned out pretty decent. I got some good ones of the flamingos, whistling ducks, coyotes, foxes, alligator, cheetahs and prairie dogs. I have a couple of a black bear and a great horned owl but they are kind of dark. Haven't looked on hubby's phone yet to see how the zebras, giraffe, ibex, tortoises, and the clouded leopards came out. There were others but those were the ones I recall most.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:58 PM   #2287
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Kitties approve of the new stuff

They LOVE the chair.

Found a desk that should be able to work, maybe a bookshelf too. But the guy on LetGo hasn't responded to my messages yet, so I'll wait for that.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:23 PM   #2288
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

My dog's birthday present finally arrived.

I couldn't get a picture to do it justice yet, but it basically looks like she's wearing a neon pink glow necklace all the time and it's really cool. I intend to keep it turned off when she sleeps
Old 04-17-2017, 10:42 PM   #2289
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Lobster meat on a pizza. Getting a nap in before dinner also helped. (It was a long day at work.)

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:11 AM   #2290
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
My dog's birthday present finally arrived.

http://i.imgur.com/awI5hxr.jpg

I couldn't get a picture to do it justice yet, but it basically looks like she's wearing a neon pink glow necklace all the time and it's really cool. I intend to keep it turned off when she sleeps
Oh my god, that is the sweetest thing

And brilliant for sunset/night time walks too, I bet.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:53 PM   #2291
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

So, in my quest to find where props, esp katanas, from this last (and I think the first as well) TMNT film are at...

I believe I may have found where they (the/some katanas) are. On the down side... it's a rental company, exactly what I'd feared. (I managed to match one they have with a background one in the film - Bingo! ) On the up side, their FAQ does include the question if they can be bought from and, while they say most of their stuff is rental only, feel free to inquire about anything of interest. Heck yes I will. Sent a small note on FB asking if they supplied for the film (before I found further evidence that they actually did), so now just fingers crossed that they'll reply.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-18-2017 at 09:05 PM.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:42 PM   #2292
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Cool! Hope it goes well! I have been wanting to find the stuffed panda Mikey has in the original three movies for years.

Old 04-18-2017, 09:18 PM   #2293
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Cool! Hope it goes well! I have been wanting to find the stuffed panda Mikey has in the original three movies for years.
Have you checked out this props group on FB? It's surprising what some of the people there know the whereabouts of sometimes. Ya never know if someone there might have it and be willing to part with it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/movieprops/

I did get a reply already letting me know that they did do a lot for these Turtles films, and told me that the weapons used by the major characters are owned by Paramount. I suspect these guys are the ones who fabricated those along with doing the rentals of background stuff. Not yet asked if they'd be willing to part with one of theirs that was in the film(s). I'm so bad at convincing people of anything, kind of nervous to ask and just get told no and then that would be the end of it. *nauseous*

4/22 - The "Earth Day is my birthday" page on FB where once a year a bunch of strangers across the country, as well as some in other countries, wish each other a happy b-day. First noticed it at least a few years ago. Kinda fun.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-22-2017 at 09:59 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:45 PM   #2294
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

OMG! Okay I am absolutely having a fangirl joygasm right now! My drive through just got visited by Chewbacca!!! No, really- turns out Peter Mayhew lives in the area and does therapy for an old injury at a fitness center here in town. And he stopped by our store for a bite to eat. One of my coworkers recognized him and told me- I was busy making drinks when he came through so didn't get to see him, but I WAS taking orders so I MIGHT have taken HIS. So AWESOME!

Old 04-25-2017, 03:00 PM   #2295
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

That's awesome!

My mom actually met C-3PO when there was a big Star Wars Exhibit at our Museum, waaaaay back in like...2007? She was heading a field trip for her preschool and they got in a little bit early and stumbled upon him coming out of a meeting. They had R2 there too, and the person with the controls had to turn around with the remote so they could make noises for the kids.

And I...had to be...at a summer club!!!

I think I made up for it by meeting Temple Grandin...
Old 04-25-2017, 03:05 PM   #2296
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher

THAT IS AWESOME! As a mega Star Wars fan myself I am fangirling for you! You will be able to tell this story for years to come!
Old 04-25-2017, 03:22 PM   #2297
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Ditto - that's awesome, Duckie! Did you know before that he lived in the area?
Old 04-25-2017, 03:28 PM   #2298
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

What's really weird is that I had a dream about this very situation YEARS ago when Phantom Menace came out. The dream involved him, C-3PO(can't think of his name ATM) and Warwick Davis all coming to my checkout lane when I worked at my first job at a grocery store at the time. They DID stop in town for the premiere the weekend it came out, but I never got to go see them. It was just kind of like deja vu to have him in our drive through after having that dream so long ago lol!

No I didn't know he lived here. In Rhome(next town over), where my hubby says he has a ranch. One of the nurses that worked on Mr Duckie's foot also helped "Chewie" when he had his injury too. She had told him about it so he told me after I got home and told him what happened.

Old 04-25-2017, 04:12 PM   #2299
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

My birthday is tomorrow and as an early present my bro bought me the Bayonetta Digital Deluxe. Bayonetta is one of my favourite video games and one of my ULTIMATE favourite characters of all time, and I'm so happy to have the definitive edition of the game for every pc I purchase in the future <3
Old 04-25-2017, 04:25 PM   #2300
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Happy early Birthday, fellow Bull.

Happy makers... remembering I have leftovers in the fridge from last night; having the internet back on; and edible Easter grass... which is oddly fun to eat.