The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 05-28-2017, 02:44 PM   #21
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
The only problem is I kinda don't want to see them integrated into the Marvel or DC Universes. Don't forget both companies every other month have some sort of the stupid event that will effect the TMNT regardless of what would be going on in their own book. Like who's side will the Turtles takes in the next Civil War? Which Turtle will join the X-Men or the Guardians of the Galaxy? The next time Darkseid comes around, which Turtle will be standing on the front lines alongside the Justice League? Nonsense.

And then we're gonna get Crises and whatnot that will reset the Turtles every other year just so they coincide with the rest of the universe.
The turtles should probably live on Earth in an alternate reality to avoid such situations?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 04:16 PM   #22
billbot85
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
They would have to wrest it from Viacom/Nickelodeon's grip first.....
Viacom to Marvel: "You can have the TMNT franchise when you pry it from my cold dead fingers..."

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 07:35 PM   #23
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

Quote:
The only problem is I kinda don't want to see them integrated into the Marvel or DC Universes. Don't forget both companies every other month have some sort of the stupid event that will effect the TMNT regardless of what would be going on in their own book. Like who's side will the Turtles takes in the next Civil War? Which Turtle will join the X-Men or the Guardians of the Galaxy? The next time Darkseid comes around, which Turtle will be standing on the front lines alongside the Justice League? Nonsense.

And then we're gonna get Crises and whatnot that will reset the Turtles every other year just so they coincide with the rest of the universe.
Well said.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 07:38 PM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Even if Viacom gets to a point where they don't want to do any more cartoons or movies or anything with TMNT, it'd probably be more worth it to them to just sit on the rights to not let anyone else do anything with it and potentially create competition.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 07:39 PM   #25
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
The turtles should probably live on Earth in an alternate reality to avoid such situations?
There's probably an alternate reality right now, in which Disney owns the rights to TMNT.
Old 05-28-2017, 08:18 PM   #26
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
They'll still find some way to crossover. We have 2 Spider-Mans now since Miles lives in the main universe too. We have alternate reality Gwens running aound. Old Man Logan who used to be from an alternate reality is running around in the main one too. They'd find some way to have the TMNT and their side characters co-exist in the main universe as well the next time they have another Secret Wars or whatever.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 05:58 AM   #27
Overlord

Crossover

Quote:
They'll still find some way to crossover. We have 2 Spider-Mans now since Miles lives in the main universe too. We have alternate reality Gwens running aound. Old Man Logan who used to be from an alternate reality is running around in the main one too. They'd find some way to have the TMNT and their side characters co-exist in the main universe as well the next time they have another Secret Wars or whatever.
Are you sure they'll crossover just before they'll find a way to do?
Old 05-29-2017, 08:47 AM   #28
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

It would be a horrible idea.
The TMNT aren't superheroes. And having them exist with all those Marvel characters would really undermine them. What stories could they tell that that the TMNT could be a part of?
It would never work.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:32 AM   #29
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
It would be a horrible idea.
The TMNT aren't superheroes. And having them exist with all those Marvel characters would really undermine them. What stories could they tell that that the TMNT could be a part of?
It would never work.
Exactly. They're basically just human ninjas with shells. If anything they'd get in the way and would need to be pushed out of the way of all the energy blasts and explosions.

If anything, they could work for SHIELD and help take down regular HYDRA agents or at least ones with so-so super powers.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 05-29-2017, 10:26 AM   #30
Overlord

Quote:
Exactly. They're basically just human ninjas with shells. If anything they'd get in the way and would need to be pushed out of the way of all the energy blasts and explosions.

If anything, they could work for SHIELD and help take down regular HYDRA agents or at least ones with so-so super powers.
But if they live on an alternate Earth, they'll only come to an Earth of superheroes during crossover, and the superheroes don't need to visit the turtles' Earth.
Old 05-31-2017, 11:49 AM   #31
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

They already exist in a world with superheroes, and the Turtles battle alien invasions etc. just fine. Marvel/Dc still wouldn't give them the attention they deserve compared to all their more iconic heroes and events, etc. would still screw them up.
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 12:04 PM   #32
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Deinonychus View Post
They already exist in a world with superheroes, and the Turtles battle alien invasions etc. just fine. Marvel/Dc still wouldn't give them the attention they deserve compared to all their more iconic heroes and events, etc. would still screw them up.
It's still a numer of very few superheroes compared to traditional superhero comics.
Old 05-31-2017, 12:24 PM   #33
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
It's still a numer of very few superheroes compared to traditional superhero comics.
I guess? That sort of thing built up over time though, part of the reason DC's character roster is so huge is because they kept buying up weakened rivals (Charlton, Fawcett, Wildstorm etc).
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 11:07 PM   #34
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Deinonychus View Post
True but in the grand scheme of things the aliens in TMNT are weak enough to be taken down by hand to hand combat. Unlike the Bay films, there's nothing to suggest the Turtles punch and kick any harder than a regular human with the same amount of martial arts training would. In the Mirage world, Bruce Lee with a laser gun can save the world from a Triceraton invasion.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:16 PM   #35
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
In the Mirage world, Bruce Lee with a laser gun can save the world from a Triceraton invasion.
He'd probably do that in our own.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 01:33 AM   #36
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
He'd probably do that in our own.
Better not team up with Chuck Norris or they'll take over the aliens' homeworld.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:32 AM   #37
Overlord

Quote:
True but in the grand scheme of things the aliens in TMNT are weak enough to be taken down by hand to hand combat. Unlike the Bay films, there's nothing to suggest the Turtles punch and kick any harder than a regular human with the same amount of martial arts training would. In the Mirage world, Bruce Lee with a laser gun can save the world from a Triceraton invasion.
When you think of it, hasn't TMNT actually become one of the greatest symbols for the Western fear of computers and technology? Time after time, we want to see the turtles use ancient Japanese swords and sticks to not only fight equal-skilled ninjas or take down gangsters with pistols and riffles but also save Earth from extraterrestrials with rayguns and technology superior to Earth. Splinter's words in "Shredder's Mom" with the abacus perhaps symbolizes it best. (Funny is how Japan in general has been more positive to modern technology and robots)
Old 06-01-2017, 08:55 AM   #38
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Trust me, you don't want that to happen, IDW or another publisher who isn't one of the big two buying TMNT is a far better scenario for the brand. Here's what would happen if Marvel bought TMNT the way they are now:

Marvel starts publishing a TMNT series, unless it sells over 20 000 a month it gets cancelled, they might give another try but will most likely just split up the characters for various team books, the writers eventually get bored of using them, for the next couple of decades we'll just get reprints, eventually they might try it again. On the flipside, if it is really successful under Marvel, then they'll start to involve them in hard to follow crossover events, retcon stuff to fit in with the movie branding and give them a soulless garbage cartoon that just exist to promote the movies (ugh).

In short, the TMNT will either get neglected or overexposed to the point of being almost pointless to follow.
neatoman summed it up perfectly.

Marvel might also pull some idiotic plot twist that the Turtles were secretly created by Hydra, or that they really were aliens that fell out of Galactus's butt after a cosmic fart.

DC Comics would probably treat the TMNT the same way as well.

both companies seem to love separating teams, and spreading them across multiple titles just to sell more issues.
or force Tmnt into a cross-over event that spans across multiple titles.

doing a cross-over within a one-shot or mini-series is fine.

but if you're buying an ongoing series that you need to buy random issues of some other series just to continue the story, then that's pretty much extorting your fans.

this is the reason i've stopped buying Marvel & DC ongoing comic titles.
Old 06-03-2017, 07:31 PM   #39
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Exactly, how many times does Batman, Harley and Deadpool appear in a single month if you count every single comic they cameo in?

I feel half of DC comics appearing per month is Batman related, especially if you count Birds of Prey, Teen Titans and anything Harley/Suicide Squad.

Old 06-04-2017, 01:29 AM   #40
Prowler
Emperor

I wouldn't want the TMNT to fall into the hands of Disney or Time Warner. I know that, in theory, the TMNT belonging to a larger company would make it easier to market them and possibly there be more movies, comics, cartoons, action figures, etc. of them in the future, but the TMNT are not bigger than Batman, Spider-man, Star Wars, Mickey, Bugs Bunny and the likes; so I doubt they'd be given much priority.

Also, not being a fan of DC and Marvel I really have no interest in seeing the Turtles fighting against or alongside characters like Hulk, Spider-Man and the likes.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote