The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2018, 04:51 PM   #1
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 7,762
Shredder's Dad?

While I liked both Shredder's Mom and My Brother, the Bad Guy for exploring Oroku Saki's family, I wonder what you think of his father. With no episode, everything is left up to the fans' imagination.

So what do you think or believe, in-Universe, of his father? Do you think he was high-ranked in the Foot, member of the Japanese organized crime movement (and maybe he was killed during a showdown), died in the Second World War (right before Oroku Saki was born, if he was born around 1945), or maybe a businessman? Or something else?
__________________
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction based on the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story, something many other fanfiction writers alredy do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 11-02-2018 at 05:21 PM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 05:06 PM   #2
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 3,046
One thing is for sure, Miyoko Saki would've undoubtebly caused her husband to go crazy

Perhaps he was a good guy like Shredder's brother, who decided to leave his wife after she became evil (she did retire at the home for Supervillains after all).
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
The biggest villains were the censors. What they could do without being held back is my question. Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue. Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 05:32 PM   #3
Wesley
Mad Scientist
 
Wesley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 1,143
I dunno. I actually never wondered about Shredder’s father until reading this thread.
__________________
Donatello: The tracker. It might work.
Raphael: Shrewd move, Donatello. If we ignore the problem, it might go away by itself. (from The Mean Machines)
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 05:35 PM   #4
neatoman
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 5,350
The Fred Wolf cartoon's take on Shredder's family struck me as odd. What Maji was like (I'm just gonna go by the IDW name for his dad for the sake of simplicity) seems difficult to figure out. First off, there contradictions. Kazuo claims his brother brings shame to their family by being a criminal, yet their mother is explicitly a former criminal. And I don't think either had anything to do with the Foot clan. Then there's of course the matter of Shredder literally replacing the Foot Clan with robots...

So from that we can assume Maji was... A decent person who married a supervillain? And if he had anything to do with the Foot, raised a son who abandonned them in favor robots...

I think I just stumbled upon another subject. If Shredder replaced the Foot Clan in it's entirety with robots, does that mean he technically/unknowingly kicked himself out of the organisation? If he's the only real remaining member, then everyone else could just continue on without him. Shredder is, in practice, not the leader of the Foot Clan but an outcast. Do you think the real Foot just thinks of him as "that clown with the robots and alien husband"?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 05:54 PM   #5
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 3,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I think I just stumbled upon another subject. If Shredder replaced the Foot Clan in it's entirety with robots, does that mean he technically/unknowingly kicked himself out of the organisation? If he's the only real remaining member, then everyone else could just continue on without him. Shredder is, in practice, not the leader of the Foot Clan but an outcast. Do you think the real Foot just thinks of him as "that clown with the robots and alien husband"?
What's even more odd is that during Splinter's flashbacks, we see the Foot Soldiers as humans, but in purple uniforms that the robots usually wear, cornering the Ice cream man in Japan. The only time before, they were in traditional Japanese attire in the dojo.

So at one point, Shredder did have human Foot Clan members on his side who were criminals. Either he, fired them and had them replaced by robots since they're not as much work to maintain, or they rebelled against him and he was forced to leave by himself to New York (and happened to get lucky by meeting Krang).
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
The biggest villains were the censors. What they could do without being held back is my question. Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue. Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 06:11 PM   #6
pferreira
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,749
I tend to think perhaps Shredder's father was forced into exile and thought dead, then in one episode he could be brought back. Whether he was good or bad I'm not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I think I just stumbled upon another subject. If Shredder replaced the Foot Clan in it's entirety with robots, does that mean he technically/unknowingly kicked himself out of the organisation? If he's the only real remaining member, then everyone else could just continue on without him. Shredder is, in practice, not the leader of the Foot Clan but an outcast. Do you think the real Foot just thinks of him as "that clown with the robots and alien husband"?
The only reason Shredder used robots was because the tech was available. He'd be silly not to take advantage of Krang's resources. If he didn't have Krang's help he'd still be using humans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Either he, fired them and had them replaced by robots since they're not as much work to maintain, or they rebelled against him and he was forced to leave by himself to New York (and happened to get lucky by meeting Krang).
Or maybe he gave them to Krang for experimentation. Why do you think Krang was so successful with Bebop and Rocksteady's gang? How do we know that was the first time? Now there's a morbid thought to take with you...
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 10:40 PM   #7
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 3,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Or maybe he gave them to Krang for experimentation. Why do you think Krang was so successful with Bebop and Rocksteady's gang? How do we know that was the first time? Now there's a morbid thought to take with you...
Definetly an interesting outcome I didn't take into consideration.

Shredder mention something along the lines of "I followed hi to New York, where I developed my technology, including the rare experimental mutagen!" in episode 2, Enter the Shredder.

His Human foot soldiers could've been test subjects for the incomplete Mutagen, since Shredder didn't exactly know what it could do yet and its original purpose was as a poison to kill Hamato Yoshi.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
The biggest villains were the censors. What they could do without being held back is my question. Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue. Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 10:35 AM   #8
cammy85
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Minnedosa, MB Canada
Posts: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
I tend to think perhaps Shredder's father was forced into exile and thought dead, then in one episode he could be brought back. Whether he was good or bad I'm not sure.

The only reason Shredder used robots was because the tech was available. He'd be silly not to take advantage of Krang's resources. If he didn't have Krang's help he'd still be using humans.

Or maybe he gave them to Krang for experimentation. Why do you think Krang was so successful with Bebop and Rocksteady's gang? How do we know that was the first time? Now there's a morbid thought to take with you...
Plus, robots can be mass produced unlike human gangsters. Sure, the two 90s movies show they had enough misguided youth in new York to keep the soldiers going, but that might be too much for kids at the time. Anyways, thanks to meeting Krang; Shredder thought he was on easy street until the Turtles finally got involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Definitely an interesting outcome I didn't take into consideration.

Shredder mention something along the lines of "I followed hi to New York, where I developed my technology, including the rare experimental mutagen!" in episode 2, Enter the Shredder.

His Human foot soldiers could've been test subjects for the incomplete Mutagen, since Shredder didn't exactly know what it could do yet and its original purpose was as a poison to kill Hamato Yoshi.
Another good point!! We rarely saw younger sidekicks aside from the gang in the pilot, Bebop and Rocksteady's gang in two episodes, and coindentally or not, as Mr. X's servants in "Michaelangelo Meets Mondo Gecko".
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 04:37 PM   #9
pferreira
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
His Human foot soldiers could've been test subjects for the incomplete Mutagen, since Shredder didn't exactly know what it could do yet and its original purpose was as a poison to kill Hamato Yoshi.
Exactly what I'm getting at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy85 View Post
Anyways, thanks to meeting Krang; Shredder thought he was on easy street until the Turtles finally got involved.
It just goes to show even with all those advanced resources the TMNT still were able to beat Shredder.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 09:51 AM   #10
cammy85
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Minnedosa, MB Canada
Posts: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
It just goes to show even with all those advanced resources the TMNT still were able to beat Shredder.
Having the tech isn't the same as knowing what to do with it. Well, that and being fueled by revenge. Splinter is always right: his own evil will be his undoing.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 10:42 AM   #11
pferreira
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy85 View Post
Having the tech isn't the same as knowing what to do with it. Well, that and being fueled by revenge. Splinter is always right: his own evil will be his undoing.
Yeah. I don't think Krang ever really figured out himself how to run the Technodrome. He was winging it most of the time.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 02:07 PM   #12
neatoman
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 5,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy85 View Post
Splinter is always right: his own evil will be his undoing.
More like stupidity.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 05:22 PM   #13
pferreira
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
More like stupidity.
That too.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 10:55 AM   #14
cammy85
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Minnedosa, MB Canada
Posts: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Yeah. I don't think Krang ever really figured out himself how to run the Technodrome. He was winging it most of the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
More like stupidity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
That too.
Shredder's own stupidity reflected on Krang. Nah, I know what you mean. Kraang Prime wasn't wrong at all.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 03:46 PM   #15
pferreira
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy85 View Post
Shredder's own stupidity reflected on Krang. Nah, I know what you mean. Kraang Prime wasn't wrong at all.
I mean come on, did Krang really look like he knew what he was doing while in the Technodrome? He let someone else design the thing and then stole it. He probably didn't even read the instructions.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:49 AM   #16
cammy85
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Minnedosa, MB Canada
Posts: 484
He was sure handy around computers, but that's it. The worst is when he kept the extremely powerful Shockwave as his last resort and the Rat King stole it. Haha!!
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM   #17
pferreira
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy85 View Post
He was sure handy around computers, but that's it. The worst is when he kept the extremely powerful Shockwave as his last resort and the Rat King stole it. Haha!!
Honestly Krang was definitely winging it. He didn't realise half the time what weapons he had stored on board the Technodrome.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:43 PM   #18
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 7,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Or maybe he gave them to Krang for experimentation. Why do you think Krang was so successful with Bebop and Rocksteady's gang? How do we know that was the first time? Now there's a morbid thought to take with you...
When Krang and Shredder first wanted to make mutants, they talked like the only Earthlings they knew had been exposed to the mutagen were Hamato Yoshi, and his turtles.
__________________
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction based on the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story, something many other fanfiction writers alredy do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:08 PM   #19
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 7,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy85 View Post
We rarely saw younger sidekicks aside from the gang in the pilot, Bebop and Rocksteady's gang in two episodes, and coindentally or not, as Mr. X's servants in "Michaelangelo Meets Mondo Gecko".

The gang in the pilot WAS Rocksteady and Bebop's gang. We see both of them as humans in the scene where the gang chases April into the sewers, as well as both Lugnut and one of the others from The Gang's All Here. Lugnut isn't named, but it's clearly him. (He's the fat, bald one who later leads the gang in the TGAH ep.)
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.