The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 09-06-2016, 01:21 PM   #1
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Deleted Scene Photo's for the 1990 movie

Saw this on youtube it shows some still photos of scenes cut from the movie.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:56 PM   #2
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Saw this on youtube it shows some still photos of scenes cut from the movie.
Nice find. It makes me sad there isn't a deluxe edition director's cut with all the bells and whistles yet. Could have something to do with all the lawsuits going on now but I wonder what the excuse was before.

Actually if you go by the movie script there was a lot more stuff that didn't make it into the film. Whether it was filmed or not, I have no idea.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 01:59 PM   #3
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
Nice find. It makes me sad there isn't a deluxe edition director's cut with all the bells and whistles yet. Could have something to do with all the lawsuits going on now but I wonder what the excuse was before.

Actually if you go by the movie script there was a lot more stuff that didn't make it into the film. Whether it was filmed or not, I have no idea.
ya i wanna see that extra Raph Casey fight
Old 09-06-2016, 02:06 PM   #4
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
ya i wanna see that extra Raph Casey fight
Agreed. I'd like to see the extended sparring scene on the farm where Leo first trys out the blind folded trick and then teaches it to the rest.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:11 PM   #5
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Agreed. I'd like to see the extended sparring scene on the farm where Leo first trys out the blind folded trick and then teaches it to the rest.
makes me wish Shout Factory could get the rights to this movie. since they seem do to a great job with collectors editions
Old 09-06-2016, 02:24 PM   #6
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
makes me wish Shout Factory could get the rights to this movie. since they seem do to a great job with collectors editions
That would be nice. I also think going by the script when April was narrating about the TMNT losing their first battle, they had a scene where Casey was helping Raph walk around the house. Donnie I believe was working on something in the barn, got upset and threw his wrench and Mikey was punching holes in the wall. Man, just thinking about all the stuff they have locked away, film degrading never to be seen again is depressing.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:26 PM   #7
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
That would be nice. I also think going by the script when April was narrating about the TMNT losing their first battle, they had a scene where Casey was helping Raph walk around the house. Donnie I believe was working on something in the barn, got upset and threw his wrench and Mikey was punching holes in the wall. Man, just thinking about all the stuff they have locked away, film degrading never to be seen again is depressing.
ya I mean so many other movies have gotten re releases with new scenes why can't this one.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:53 PM   #8
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
ya I mean so many other movies have gotten re releases with new scenes why can't this one.
Like I said, I do think the lawsuits now are preventing anything from being released but I'm curious why we only got a ****** release before when they could've given us all this stuff a long time ago when it was rereleased on Blu-ray or even before.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:14 PM   #9
Longview01
Foot Soldier

Thank god they cut that Comic book ending
Old 09-08-2016, 08:35 AM   #10
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Like I said, I do think the lawsuits now are preventing anything from being released but I'm curious why we only got a ****** release before when they could've given us all this stuff a long time ago when it was rereleased on Blu-ray or even before.
What lawsuits are currently happening right now?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 07:14 AM   #11
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
What lawsuits are currently happening right now?
A huge chunk of Royalties were due to Barron and some of the crew.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:42 AM   #12
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Yikes, hope that's sorted out.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:21 PM   #13
Masterpiece
Random Punk

Quote:
According to Josh Pais (who played Raph in the movie) Barron was fired before the end of production because executives wanted him to tone down the movie.

I feel really sorry for Mr Barron. I view this movie as his best work, and a cinematic masterpiece.

One day, I want to see this film uncut.

But first the f**king executives have to piss off.
Masterpiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 08:29 PM   #14
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher

That ending was so cheesy, but I absolutely love it!
Old 11-12-2016, 11:39 AM   #15
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Thanks for the share, somehow had never seen this before.

This then led me to this video, more of the same. Probably shared before but I'm sure there will be a few who, like me, haven't seen it before now.

http://youtu.be/Udib1rIYR1M

Last edited by D Piddy 1982; 03-24-2017 at 05:08 AM.
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 12:07 PM   #16
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterpiece View Post
According to Josh Pais (who played Raph in the movie) Barron was fired before the end of production because executives wanted him to tone down the movie.

I feel really sorry for Mr Barron. I view this movie as his best work, and a cinematic masterpiece.
I can see why they wanted it toned down a bit. At the time, there was vocal group of, uh, let's just say "well-meaning" parents who were lashing out at Hollywood for films like Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (the sequel to a film where people's faces melt off), Gremlins (for allegedly being marketed to kids -- watch the trailer, it wasn't), Saturday morning cartoons (for being too "violent"), and eventually Batman Returns (the dark sequel to a dark film), Power Rangers (see Saturday morning cartoons) and Jurassic Park (see Gremlins). I believe even the TMNT cartoon received some of that noise.

To be honest, they probably were trying to avoid those loud, obnoxious people. Unfortunately, it had a cost. Not just for this film, but films in general. History was re-written to perceive the PG rating as the "kid friendly" rating, when it was just a general, "yea a kid might handle this, but maybe you should think about it first" rating. Now even PG-13 films are tamer than most PG films used to be.

Personally, being in that age group that parents were trying to "protect" -- yeah, we were watching Die Hard and Friday the 13th movies and the alleged stories of kids crying in the theater during Batman Returns, pushed by people like Kevin Smith (who is fun to listen to, but a lot of times doesn't really know what he is talking about when it comes to other people's films) are mostly fabrications and false memories.

Quote:
One day, I want to see this film uncut.
It wouldn't take much either. For example, the Shenso scene was tamed down through audio. From what I understand, the scene is how it was shot. Just on the shot of Danny, they added coughs and "you're going to be okay." Personally, other than that audio, I think the scene is perfect editorially.

I wouldn't mind the extended walk to the van at the beginning (with the shells), Leo's fight down into the basement, the Mikey scenes from the farm, as well as Shredder fighting Sam Rockwell's goons. The extended ending, though, doesn't really work for me.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 08:47 AM   #17
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
The extended ending, though, doesn't really work for me.
How about using it as a post credits ending?
Old 11-27-2016, 05:29 PM   #18
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
How about using it as a post credits ending?
Maybe. But even then, it just feels tacked on. I think it is better off where it is, on the cutting room floor. However, I would gladly accept it as a bonus feature. It's a shame the domestic DVD and Blu Ray releases are bare bones.

This video also excludes a lot of stuff. The alternate intro, moving down a bursting sewer lid, down through the sewer, and up to the front door of their lair. The bursting sewer lid is shown in the trailer. The extended walk to the van, where April walks past a pier, where shells pop out of the water, seen in the trailer. The alternate/extended mugging. Shredder's alternate speech, part of which is heard in the trailer. The extra tidbits from the apartment fight, some of which was included in the UK version. Leo fighting a foot soldier down to the basement, photos of which I believe do exist (weren't they on the now defunct TMNTMovie Site?).

There's also Casey's original introduction, where he is flipping through the television, unhappy about the violent crimes in the news, which apparently inspires him to become a vigilante. But I don't think there are any stills from that.

Last edited by sgtfbomb; 11-27-2016 at 05:46 PM.
Old 11-27-2016, 05:35 PM   #19
Leonardo87
Stone Warrior

Yeah we kept getting promises of a proper special edition for years and it never happened. The only way we could view these if Issac and his team has clearance to release them as special features on the Turtle Doc II.
Leonardo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 06:01 PM   #20
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo87 View Post
Yeah we kept getting promises of a proper special edition for years and it never happened. The only way we could view these if Issac and his team has clearance to release them as special features on the Turtle Doc II.
That'd be awesome. It goes beyond wishful thinking. But one could wish.

Sadly, a special edition feels like wishful thinking as well. The time to do it was in that DVD period during the early 2000s when a lot of films were getting the special edition treatment. The actual home video divisions were doing that at the time, but now they are no longer as quick to do that as they are now. Now, you'd have to hope for Shout Factory, Criterion, or Arrow to get a hold of your favorite movies to get new special features and I guarantee, a lot of films wouldn't have so many readily available special features if it weren't for that era.

Part of me hopes for a miracle that Shout gets at least the first film. However, they currently have no ties with Warner Bros., which is a shame because there are some New Line titles I wish they'd get.