The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-22-2017, 10:54 PM   #41
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
And now they want to make a Silver Sable/Black Cat movie...

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spide...-movie-a149815
Ok, now they're just being idiotic.

Also I've been thinking a lot about this potential Venom movie, and I gotta say: I'd love it if it were a part of the same universe from the original Sam Raimi trilogy. I actually liked those movies quite a bit despite their flaws, and would like to see them get revisited in some way.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 04:24 PM   #42
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

I just hope it will be in the same MCU universe with Tom Holland, even if they wouldn't say a word about other super heroes. Just don't make them contradict each other, that would be enough.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 04:27 PM   #43
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
I just hope it will be in the same MCU universe with Tom Holland, even if they wouldn't say a word about other super heroes. Just don't make them contradict each other, that would be enough.
That's probably the general idea. And I bet Feige will be a producer in some capacity, as he was with Amazing Spider-Man 2.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 04:38 PM   #44
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That's probably the general idea. And I bet Feige will be a producer in some capacity, as he was with Amazing Spider-Man 2.
I thought they already said definitively that these movies are in no way, shape, or form tied to the MCU and Feige has zero involvement
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 04:40 PM   #45
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I thought they already said definitively that these movies are in no way, shape, or form tied to the MCU and Feige has zero involvement
I'm highly skeptical of that. It just wouldn't make sense. And what happens when Marvel wants to include Venom in a new Spider-man movie?
Old 03-24-2017, 05:01 PM   #46
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
I'm highly skeptical of that. It just wouldn't make sense. And what happens when Marvel wants to include Venom in a new Spider-man movie?
Well, true, but nothing Sony is doing right now seems to make sense.

I would hope Marvel would just proceed full-steam ahead, ignoring whatever hot mess Sony had already made
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:57 PM   #47
The Deadman
Foot Elite

MARVEL has no creative freedom when it comes to the Spider-Man movie, Sony does, so if Sony wants Venom in the next Spider-Man movie, it'll happen.

Production Listing Suggests ‘Venom’ Will Be a Rated R Horror Film!

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 01:13 PM   #48
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
I can confirm it is... definitely not a Venom prequel (no way the space manta ray is the symbiote... it doesn't take hosts, it just digests people from the inside out). It's also not particularly a great movie. Ending tried to be clever but was a cheat.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:57 PM   #49
sdp
Megan Fox = April

If Sony went to Marvel for help with Spider-Man I doubt they'll be forcing stuff like Venom onto the films unless it's Marvel themselves that suggest it. I think they'll pretty much have these other movies be independent from Spider-Man and if they aren't then they'll let Marvel do their thing and they'll do theirs without pissing marvel off since they want money.

I'm fine with a bunch of Spider-Man spin-offs, other than X-Men the only other character who has a big enough cast of characters for spin-offs is Spider-Man since he's the most popular Marvel hero. I thought the original plan of the Spider-Man Cinematic Universe Sony was hoping with Amazing spider-man had potential but of course they messed it up.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:46 PM   #50
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Tom Hardy is Eddie Brock

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/...r-2018-release

IGN can confirm Hardy's involvement as Brock in the film from Sony's Marvel Universe, which will be released on October 5, 2018. Production will start this fall.

Tom Hardy, who will star as Eddie Brock/Venom

Venom will be the first film debuting Sony's bid to build out its own Marvel Universe, despite Sony's unique deal with Marvel Studios to include Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, is not a spinoff from the existing MCU films. Spider-Man: Homecoming director Jon Watts discussed how the films won't be connected earlier this year. And Sony's Marvel Universe will reportedly include a Black Cat/Silver Sable film.

Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach, and Amy Pascal are producing the film, with Palak Patel and Eric Fineman overseeing for Columbia Pictures.
Venom: Sony Sets Release Date for Spider-Man Spinoff Movie
00:25

Sony set a release date for Venom earlier this year, revealing the long in-development project was back on track.

Reports have suggested that the film will be of the action, horror, and sci-fi genres

Developing...

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 05-19-2017 at 01:03 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:59 PM   #51
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Maybe they'll keep the Venom movie pretty self-contained... not committing to make it a part of any universe in particular. Then if it's a hit, they can "lease" Venom to Marvel. If it's a flop, it can quietly go away and Sony-Marvel can make an MCU Venom proper.

Might be just a way to get around the Disney thing, because there's no way Disney is greenlighting any R-rated Marvel movies and they figure Venom needs that.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:16 PM   #52
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Or maybe Sony will tell Marvel to p-ss off after their current deal finishes and they'll continue a new Spider-Man universe sans Marvel.

I'm excited for this, Venom is one of my favorite characters and yes I love me some 90s Spider-Man, it was my spider-man when I was growing up and it took me a while to warm up to a more "traditional" spider-man. This is fine by me, as I mentioned only Spider-Man and X-Men are big enough that they can handle their own universe by themselves without the need for others. I guess Fantastic Four as well.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 09:22 PM   #53
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Sony has failed 3 times with Spider-Man they don't deserve him anymore. 3 strikes and your out. If Venom fails Marvel should go get the rights back. Sony hasn't done well with franchises lately I mean look at ghostbusters
Old 05-21-2017, 11:59 AM   #54
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I still don't believe this will actually happen.

I mean, Gambit claimed to have Channing Tatum and THAT still hasn't materialized a year or two later.

Whatever, Sony. Keep dreaming big and throwing money down a rat hole.
Old 06-15-2017, 02:45 AM   #55
The Deadman
Foot Elite

‘Venom’ Will Not Be Part of the Marvel Universe; Shooting This Fall
http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3...shooting-fall/

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 09:45 AM   #56
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
‘Venom’ Will Not Be Part of the Marvel Universe
The important part of the verbiage there is the "For now."
Old 06-15-2017, 11:40 AM   #57
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah, I don't see why it matters. Every new film is mostly standalone until they feel the need to bring other universes into it. I'd also find it hard to believe this Venom won't also appear in one of the later Spiderman movies especially if it's a hit.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 11:44 AM   #58
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Yeah, I don't see why it matters. Every new film is mostly standalone until they feel the need to bring other universes into it. I'd also find it hard to believe this Venom won't also appear in one of the later Spiderman movies especially if it's a hit.
No no no no no no, Cubed.

Every new film is mostly standalone UNTIL IT MAKES ENOUGH MONEY.

THEN it becomes part of a cinematic universe. ... Although quite a few people try it the other way around.

Step 1: Form a cinematic universe.
Step 2: Make a critically and financially successful movie.

And most of those people usually screw up at Step 2.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:58 AM   #59
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

That's true of "we're starting a TRILOGY with this movie!" too. Plenty of examples of that flatlining at movie #1.

Eragon
Ender's Game
Terminator Salvation
Terminator Genisys

And so on, so on.

The idea is that they think if they sell audiences on the idea that they're not just watching a movie, but rather the BEGINNING OF SOMETHING YUUUUGE, then they'll be more likely to see it. I guess? It never seems to work, though, yet they keep doing it.
Old 06-15-2017, 12:07 PM   #60
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
That's true of "we're starting a TRILOGY with this movie!" too. Plenty of examples of that flatlining at movie #1.

Eragon
Ender's Game
Terminator Salvation
Terminator Genisys

And so on, so on.

The idea is that they think if they sell audiences on the idea that they're not just watching a movie, but rather the BEGINNING OF SOMETHING YUUUUGE, then they'll be more likely to see it. I guess? It never seems to work, though, yet they keep doing it.
With the first two examples, it's a bit weird because the book series are already pretty far along so of course most people who go to see it are going to expect sequels.

You gotta be really bad to not get a film sequel when you're a novel series adaptation. And it keeps happening, too. I Am Number Four, Mortal Instruments, Vampire Academy, etc.

Tags
i love pg-13, sony lucks out