The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-29-2019, 10:59 AM   #441
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chet View Post
Has Donatello wondered about an accidental nature of the Turtles' origin outside of the second movie?
Unless he has in IDW, then no, I don't think so. Though I'd be lying if Donatello out loud asking about that in TMNT II wasn't a partial inspiration in this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Palmer View Post
Now that we're into the end of next month, is there a status update you can share?
"Much closer than we were but further than I'd prefer" is about accurate. Arseniy and his guys are shoring up the last coloring of the pages, of which there aren't many left. We're talking maybe 15 pages, maybe less.

I think maybe it'd be fair to release the Obligado story, publicly, as a measure of good faith given the wait. What do you folks think?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 03:20 PM   #442
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Oh god please
Old 07-29-2019, 10:47 PM   #443
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I think maybe it'd be fair to release the Obligado story, publicly, as a measure of good faith given the wait. What do you folks think?
I'll allow it, but only because I want to say "obrigado por Obligado" after it happens.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 09:54 AM   #444
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Are we looking at late October now, realistically?
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 10:48 PM   #445
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I just sent out E-mails to everyone that ordered artwork. This is who I have down:

1. Alika S.
2. Ryan M.
3. Courtney E.
4. Andrew H. (2 pages)
5. Andrey P. (3 pages)
6. Christopher L.
7. Bobby S.
8. Jason P.
9. Adam E.

Am I missing anybody? I know people have contacted me directly but I don't believe anyone actually did in regard to art. But I could be mistaken.

Also I posted an update on the Indiegogo in terms of who is to receive the "Special Thanks" perk, that anyone who I missed/has the wrong name/doesn't want their name there can contact me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
Are we looking at late October now, realistically?
Quite possibly.
Old 08-13-2019, 02:55 PM   #446
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

"TMNT: Origin" original art pages from Jim Lawson (also the back cover) are now available. Visit here:
https://tmnt-ninjaturtles.com/tmnt-o...ginal-artwork/

Just let Rich (keeper of all of the pages) know which pages you're interested in. His E-mail: rich@tmnt-ninjaturtles.com

NOTE: You will find that many key pages are missing from here (ordered and selected from during the campaign) but there are still major spoilers to be found. Do not look unless you are 100% OK spoiling yourself.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:58 PM   #447
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Spoiler:

Yeah, same buddy

That's a good holdover though, even if a lot of context is lost without dialogue - and without other artist pages
Old 08-14-2019, 07:14 AM   #448
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
"TMNT: Origin" original art pages from Jim Lawson (also the back cover) are now available. Visit here:
https://tmnt-ninjaturtles.com/tmnt-o...ginal-artwork/

Just let Rich (keeper of all of the pages) know which pages you're interested in. His E-mail: rich@tmnt-ninjaturtles.com

NOTE: You will find that many key pages are missing from here (ordered and selected from during the campaign) but there are still major spoilers to be found. Do not look unless you are 100% OK spoiling yourself.
Just took a look, though only at the early pages to avoid spoilers for myself. XD If I had the money, I would gladly buy page 24.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:57 AM   #449
Vegita-San
Emperor

wth is this?

looks new

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 03:02 PM   #450
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

As promised, here is the Origin prologue/Obligado finisher, a little tale called "The Utrom Who Knew Too Much":

https://yadi.sk/i/4CbFuO6pnsfoZw

NOTE: Yes, there are a couple of very minor typographical errors, but all will be corrected in the final version.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:25 PM   #451
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm a little surprised the title doesn't follow in the "grape" themes of the original stories.

But with that. I have closure.

Spoiler:
I'm happy to see each action of Obligado finding the tablets, to Xeinos translating them, to Glurin harnessing that information. Kinda scratches my itch of a head canon that Xeinos is Obligado's daughter, and Glurin is her son.

Though, since he went to the past, it would have been more interesting to see Obligado at least looking a little younger.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 08-15-2019 at 03:38 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 03:31 PM   #452
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I'm a little surprised the title doesn't follow in the "grape" themes of the original stories.
Only the first three titles did that, the rest were grape free. In fact, they actually form trilogies of titles:

Tales Vol. 2 #4 – "The Grape"
Tales Vol. 2 #6 – "The Raisin"
Tales Vol. 2 #8 – "The Risen"

Tales Vol. 2 #10 – "The Question"
Tales Vol. 2 #14 – "First Mud"
Tales Vol. 2 #15 – "Apocalypse Vow"

Tales Vol. 2 #18 – "Altered Fates"
Tales Vol. 2 #25 – "The Doors of Deception"
This story - "The Utrom Who Knew Too Much"
Old 08-15-2019, 03:39 PM   #453
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Oh yeah, that's true...it must have slipped my mind.

Spoiler:
I do find it kind of interesting that he went through all of that in the Eye of God and still didn't get the memories of his birth (something he seemed to have been chasing for a long time, at least from my understanding) until he died the second time. Unless he just got bombarded with so many different versions at once that he wasn't sure which one was his memory until it was extracted.

And I can't believe I didn't think about it until now...

but...

Obligado.exe stopped working.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 08-15-2019 at 03:57 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 03:42 PM   #454
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Woo! Jim Lawson did a bang up job on that; a real thrill to see him adapt something I wrote.

re; the titles, the Obligado serial had started using movie parody titles partway through, so I wanted to keep that theme going. Also worked in the parody angle a bit into the story-itself. The grape-related title theming actually only played a part in the prologue of that serial, but I wanted to reference that, too, hence the final line in the story. Hopefully, the whole Obligado serial can be read cyclically.

Thanks to Andrew for making it happen for me! And I hope everyone liked it or tolerated it. I've got two more shorts in Origin, one drawn by Mirage Hall of Famer Dan Berger, and one drawn by longtime fanartist Powder. Loved writing all of them.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 01:48 AM   #455
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

So after giving the original Obligado run a re-read...

Spoiler:
I'm guessing the main story of Origin will go into what the heck was going on with covering up Magonia?

And how did Obligado not know who Nemoiku was after learning everything? (Speaking of that, I keep imagining him skulking past a bookshop displaying a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy special, hearing some people chatting about "42", and coldly mumbling "I know what 42 means...")

And somehow, I'm still bothered by Utroms having enough filament hair to attract a variety of flea. Even if I like that Utrom design a little better than Jim did them years ago. It's the legg.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:19 AM   #456
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

Just took a brief read of the prologue comic. Well done!

Spoiler:
Yeah, story-wise, it reminds me of a line I heard from Monty Python, of all sources: "I don't like the sound of (knowing everything): it would take the mystery out of life." Curious what it is in particular that he knows and wishes he didn't.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:03 AM   #457
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Spoiler:
I'm guessing the main story of Origin will go into what the heck was going on with covering up Magonia?
Absolutely.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:43 AM   #458
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Woo! Jim Lawson did a bang up job on that; a real thrill to see him adapt something I wrote.

re; the titles, the Obligado serial had started using movie parody titles partway through, so I wanted to keep that theme going. Also worked in the parody angle a bit into the story-itself. The grape-related title theming actually only played a part in the prologue of that serial, but I wanted to reference that, too, hence the final line in the story. Hopefully, the whole Obligado serial can be read cyclically.

Thanks to Andrew for making it happen for me! And I hope everyone liked it or tolerated it. I've got two more shorts in Origin, one drawn by Mirage Hall of Famer Dan Berger, and one drawn by longtime fanartist Powder. Loved writing all of them.
Great contribution, man! Must be amazing for a TMNT Legend like Lawson to illustrate a story you wrote!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:56 AM   #459
Sewer Turd
Thug

Hey there..
I purchased TMNT Odyssey ultimate edition back in June through EBay and I’m keen to add ORIGIN to my Collection.
When do you think the finished product will be ready for Paperback/Hardback release?
And how can I purchase?
EBay again??
Sewer Turd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 01:35 AM   #460
Nortock Diab
Hench Mutant

Hi Andrew,
Any update regarding Origin?
Thanks!
Nortock Diab is offline   Reply With Quote