The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 06-19-2019, 04:37 PM   #21
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo2003 View Post
The series aired until early 2009. Not sure when that first channel that uploaded seasons 1-5 started uploading though.
There were already AMVs and full episodes on YouTube in 2006. It was actually Mikey's TMNT blog where I first discovered YouTube. That's how I watched "Insane in the Membrane" and the early Season 5 episodes, which at first were only available with Comcast On Demand.
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 08:04 AM   #22
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

I started watching it with my kids. First time for them, somewhere around 11,000 for me. We're still in the mouser story arc.

Anyway, they're enjoying it!
#RaisingThemRight
Old 06-20-2019, 04:23 PM   #23
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Youtube

I didn't have Youtube until late-November 2007.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 04:19 PM   #24
Prowler
Emperor

You know, as much as I like this show, it's not a good show to pick up at a random episode and watch. Even if you remember most episodes and arcs rather well, it's not a show meant to be watched out of order. You gotta watch it all the way through. And that kinda hurts its rewatch value, especially considering it's like 150 episodes long, which is quite long for a kids' American cartoon series.

And like people said, it came out before youtube was even a thought. I dunno about you guys, but as a kid I've definitely missed some episodes due to either oversleeping on weekends or going on holidays or not having a VHS tape to record episodes at times. It wasn't until this decade or so where I was able to watch the show fully without missing a single episode. Plus, the show didn't have proper DVD releases. Instead of season box sets, it was like 3 episodes per DVD. And to this day it's a very hard show to collect for that reason.

Another of the several reasons why this show was not as popular as it could have been, I guess. It was great to have a TMNT show with a lot of continuity, but this was before streaming was a thing and you're always gonna miss some episodes, and that's something you can't do in a show like this. Nowadays kids' cartoons can have all the continuity they want since you can always go on the internet or rewind your TV boxset and catch the episode you missed the other day.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 10:30 AM   #25
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
You know, as much as I like this show, it's not a good show to pick up at a random episode and watch. Even if you remember most episodes and arcs rather well, it's not a show meant to be watched out of order. You gotta watch it all the way through. And that kinda hurts its rewatch value, especially considering it's like 150 episodes long, which is quite long for a kids' American cartoon series.

And like people said, it came out before youtube was even a thought. I dunno about you guys, but as a kid I've definitely missed some episodes due to either oversleeping on weekends or going on holidays or not having a VHS tape to record episodes at times. It wasn't until this decade or so where I was able to watch the show fully without missing a single episode. Plus, the show didn't have proper DVD releases. Instead of season box sets, it was like 3 episodes per DVD. And to this day it's a very hard show to collect for that reason.

Another of the several reasons why this show was not as popular as it could have been, I guess. It was great to have a TMNT show with a lot of continuity, but this was before streaming was a thing and you're always gonna miss some episodes, and that's something you can't do in a show like this. Nowadays kids' cartoons can have all the continuity they want since you can always go on the internet or rewind your TV boxset and catch the episode you missed the other day.
Agreed. I missed some episodes too when the show originally aired and it’s only on my current watch of the series that I realized just how good it is. You’re more attached to the characters when you can watch it in the proper order. There were previously ons and flashbacks, but those really only help people that watched eps here and there like I did. The cartoon was maybe too ahead of its time. If it had first come out a few years later, it might’ve been more successful.

Last edited by Wesley; 06-26-2019 at 10:35 AM.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 01:46 PM   #26
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
Agreed. I missed some episodes too when the show originally aired and it’s only on my current watch of the series that I realized just how good it is. You’re more attached to the characters when you can watch it in the proper order. There were previously ons and flashbacks, but those really only help people that watched eps here and there like I did. The cartoon was maybe too ahead of its time. If it had first come out a few years later, it might’ve been more successful.
At the time it was airing I mostly was familiar with the first 2 seasons. And I even missed a few eps of those. Hence why, when I played Battle Nexus 2 on the GameCube, I thought Slashuur was a character that appeared on the show and was surprised and a bit disappointed when I found out he was an exclusive character of the game.

Around mid-season 3 or so I fell off the show because I lost a bit of an interest in TMNT around the time it aired here(2006 or so?) and was more into pro wrestling and other stuff for a while. Plus, the show aired like once or twice a week in the morning and I was never the biggest morning person out there, especially not on weekends. If it had aired on a cable cartoon channel on late afternoons or past dinner time I'd probably have not missed a single episode, but whatever. I didn't get to watch season 4 and beyond until this decade when the show was already done and available... out there.

It's cool how a lot of stuff is interconnected on this show, but like I've said, a lot of it makes less sense if you miss a few episodes. And back in the pre-youtube and streaming days where you actually had to tune in the TV at the right time to watch the latest episode you were ALWAYS gonna miss a few episodes eventually, even if you were a kid/teenager like me on a weekend morning without much do to. So imagine now why a lot of people aged 18-22 who might have been interested in revisiting TMNT weren't aware or could afford to keep up with the show at the time. They were either going to work their part-time jobs on Saturday morning or just overslept until lunch time because they had stayed up drinking on Friday night.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:23 PM   #27
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

My son and I have been watching this show weekly for a while now (just about to finish season 4). Having missed this show when it originally aired (and never getting the dvd's) I'm having a blast watching this show for the first time. Really well done! The 2k12 Nic show will always be my favorite, but his is a really good show.
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:27 PM   #28
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

Glad to hear you enjoy as well! I haven’t watched all of the episodes, myself, but I have watched a fair chunk, and I did enjoy what I did see.
Old 07-12-2019, 06:56 AM   #29
PizzaPower
Foot Elite

yes actually on shredder strikes back part 1 saga now. I started re watching it last week.
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 10:26 AM   #30
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

this series never gets old
Old 07-12-2019, 01:15 PM   #31
PizzaPower
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
this series never gets old
Nope it really is THE BEST IMO. Looking forward to rewatching Battle Nexus Tournament when i get to it.
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 12:59 AM   #32
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I love Usagi in this series. He's cool in 2012 series as well.

Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 05:10 AM   #33
Sugilita
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTmousers View Post
Agree with CyberCubed got to try more than 1 episode.

Up to episode 44 The Golden Puck now.

Best episodes so far are easily the Shredder Strikes Back, Return to New York, Turtles in Space and Secret Origins parters. What a Croc was great to.

Not so good only Reflections and Garbageman episode.
And SAINW is also a very good episode. And maybe one of the most popular episodes.
Old 07-14-2019, 12:55 PM   #34
Wesley
Mad Scientist

The King, April’s Artifact and Hun on the Run were very good too imo.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 12:26 PM   #35
ABrown
Banned

Finished up the Fast Forward season last week. Gotta break out the VHS tapes now for the Back to the Sewer season. I have to say, even though I remember that "Zixxth Sense" aired as the season finale. I thought that "The Day of Awakening" made for a much better finale. That being the case, I'm glad that the DVDs didn't go by the air date for the order that they're in.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 07:55 AM   #36
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

My son and I finished "New World Order, Part 2" (Season 5) last night. Almost done with S5. Looking forward to S6 and S7. Can't believe I missed this show when it originally aired. We are really enjoying this show.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:58 AM   #37
SaurusX
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwj324 View Post
My son and I finished "New World Order, Part 2" (Season 5) last night. Almost done with S5. Looking forward to S6 and S7. Can't believe I missed this show when it originally aired. We are really enjoying this show.
You might want to tamp down on the expectations for season 6 and 7. You’ll enjoy them better.
SaurusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 07:49 AM   #38
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurusX View Post
You might want to tamp down on the expectations for season 6 and 7. You’ll enjoy them better.
Haha...yeah I know. We finished season 5 and are now 3-4 episodes into Fast Forward! All I can say is.... well, at least I enjoyed seasons 1-5!!

Fast Forward is really bad. I honestly wasn't expecting it to be great as everything about it screams "jump the shark"! At least my 6 year old is liking it so far. He and I enjoy watching it together before bedtime.
Old 08-05-2019, 08:05 AM   #39
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwj324 View Post
Haha...yeah I know. We finished season 5 and are now 3-4 episodes into Fast Forward! All I can say is.... well, at least I enjoyed seasons 1-5!!

Fast Forward is really bad. I honestly wasn't expecting it to be great as everything about it screams "jump the shark"! At least my 6 year old is liking it so far. He and I enjoy watching it together before bedtime.
Yeah my children and I felt disappointed when we started season 6 too but we still watched it through.
Did you guys like season 5? I ask cause that was unpopular with some. I mean I wouldn't like the TMNT to be magical like that for the whole version but this was just an arc and the 'magic' came from somewhere else rather than they were just magic, I liked the arc.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:22 AM   #40
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Yeah my children and I felt disappointed when we started season 6 too but we still watched it through.
Did you guys like season 5? I ask cause that was unpopular with some. I mean I wouldn't like the TMNT to be magical like that for the whole version but this was just an arc and the 'magic' came from somewhere else rather than they were just magic, I liked the arc.
It culminated the tight plotting and building. The last two episodes were about the best the series every had. Battleground in ancient Japan with the true Shredder.