The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Which did the crossover better.
4Kids (Turtles Forever) 16 44.44%
Nick (TransDimensional Turtles, Wanted Bebop and Rocksteady) 20 55.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-23-2017, 11:54 AM   #41
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Remember Blodgett from season 2's "Curse of the Evil Eye"? Mortimer was his cat that had like 12 seconds of screen time.
Wow, really? Why commit that to memory? I don't even remember his owner.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:04 PM   #42
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well for those of us who rewatched the old show many times both as kids and adults, that's why some people remember one-ep characters that most later TMNT fans wouldn't even remember.

You have to remember the original TMNT cartoon was rerun to death in the 80's and 90's. Most of us saw every ep hundreds of times as kids, then rewatched them on DVD years later as teens and adults.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:27 PM   #43
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Wow, really? Why commit that to memory? I don't even remember his owner.
He drove the Channel 6 newsvan in that episode.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:48 PM   #44
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

No one dare speaks against Mortimer.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:49 PM   #45
CyberCubed
Overlord

What's next, people miss Michaelangelo's pet parrot Ditto? Or that goldfish he had in that one episode?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:52 PM   #46
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

I think the pets in TMNT can be great without mutating.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 12:38 AM   #47
leader in blue
Random Punk

I just saw Wanted Bebop and Rocksteady I thought it was very well done especially the guy who did Shredder he nailed it

Over all it was very good i kinda wished they had a moment to explain what happened to 2012 Splinter and get the 87 turtles reaction since they never experienced death in their universe

Another thing i was somewhat disappointed in was my fav character Leonardo he just didn't really act the way he did in the 87 series also his voice i know hes older now but the voice actor sounds nothing like him anymore when u compare him to his fellow 87 voice actors (Michelangelo might be a little more deeper in tone) but every time Leonardo talked all i heard was Freddie the ferret from barnyard

Anybody else agree?
leader in blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 04:34 AM   #48
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
I think the pets in TMNT can be great without mutating.
Well, saying you prefer Klunk to ICK is your opinion. To me, ICK is just a mutated Klunk, but whatever. I totally get that you prefer them owning a regular cat.

But to say you prefer Mortimer... a cat with literally less than 30 seconds of screen time that was owned by some one-off doofus character from an episode 30 years ago, is trolling.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 04:49 PM   #49
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What's next, people miss Michaelangelo's pet parrot Ditto? Or that goldfish he had in that one episode?

You mean Max? That was in Donatello's Degree wasn't it? The nutty Proffessor Soho plot along with the fish somehow ending up in the lake at the university (it was connected somehow) and the other three turtles were all chasing through the sewers after it while Don was havingvIrma pose as him? If memory serves, April had Vernon kissing a carp in lieu of mouth to mouth lol!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 02:15 AM   #50
Bjarni
Hench Mutant

I like both crossovers to an extent.
I feel like all of them mistreated the FW turtles way too much.
It's like people forget that they actually were pretty badass for the first (and last) seasons of the show.

My YouTube account
Bjarni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 10:09 AM   #51
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjarni View Post
I like both crossovers to an extent.
I feel like all of them mistreated the FW turtles way too much.
It's like people forget that they actually were pretty badass for the first (and last) seasons of the show.
Yeah, but red sky isn't usually what people think of when they think 87, and the first five episodes is honestly too early to pull from as they obviously didn't go through the growth they usually would
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:15 PM   #52
sdp
Megan Fox = April

No matter how silly they got, they never got to the level that Turtles Forever portrayed them in, now the first Nick Crossover treated them pretty well if I remember correctly, haven't seen the second.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 01:02 PM   #53
Allio
Foot Elite

Say what you will about the 87 turtles themselves, but everything else about the special is what makes the Turles forever movie the better one, from the Mirage turtles to even character interactions with Shredder/Krang/Ch'rell
Old 09-26-2017, 01:35 PM   #54
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Believe me I want to love Turtles Forever, on paper it sounds like my dream come true but it's difficult to watch it and see the OT treated like trash and the only thing that ruins his love letter to the fans.

The first Nick crossover actually feels like a 22 minute version of Turtles Forever but done better. Of course you don't get as much fan service as in the TF but overall it handled things better. I won't say it's better because frankly the OT meeting 2k3 is more awesome than the Nick turtles since I don't care for them much and if we're basing this off on fanservice alone and not how they handled the plot then TF wins.

I'm kind of bummed that 2k3 never crossed over with Nick, I mean they outright own the show and on twitter the official account usually shows clips of 2k3.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 10:57 AM   #55
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
You have to remember the original TMNT cartoon was rerun to death in the 80's and 90's. Most of us saw every ep hundreds of times as kids, then rewatched them on DVD years later as teens and adults.
Is there much of re-runs on TV today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
No one dare speaks against Mortimer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Right, like the original TMNT cartoon didn't have as many animation errors or episodes with pi$$ poor animation quality as any other action cartoon at the time.
That's because the people who are complaining aren't knowledgeable about cartoons back then otherwise they'd know that.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:48 PM   #56
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

I enjoyed the new crossover and it's great having the original VAs. There are some great moments in the new one (they really captured the OT Shredder-Krang dynamic well) but in overall enjoyment I'll still have to go with Turtles Forever. From the multiverse of Turtles including the Mirage Turtles, to the ending with Eastman and Laird going for pizza. The story was solid and the stakes were high. Yes, the OT Turtles cried a few times (wtf?) and there were other small imperfections, but it's still the best in my opinion.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 11:14 PM   #57
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Turtles Forever all the way.

I haven’t seen the 2nd Nick crossover (and don’t really plan to) so my opinion is just based Turtles Forever and Transdimensional Turtles (was that even the name?).

Both had their downsides. They each presented the FW turtles in unfavorable light while making theirs seem better in comparison.
But the Nick crossover took it a step further; it messed with FW’s established canon and attempted to tie it to their continuity. This is an even bigger insult to the show, as it comes off as another attempt to prove that their version is better, and that without it FW wouldn’t be what it was.
Then there’s that cheap animation they used for the FW dimension, and the pathetic way they did Turtle Prime.

Turtles Forever had a longer runtime and the story/plot felt fresh. Trans dimensional Turtles felt like it was ripping it off, and the story felt rushed. But it had the original VA’s so it has that going for it.

Overall, T.F. felt like a celebration of the brand as a whole and was a wonderful conclusion to the series, while T.T. was just another episode that didn’t feel all that special. Honestly, it was pretty forgettable.

For these (and many other) reasons, I think Turtles Forever was the superior of the two.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote