The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 10-30-2017, 08:14 AM   #21
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

It's their right to do what they want but yes I think it is ridiculous. Honestly, how violent was the first movie? It wasn't too violent and the 2nd movie was even less violent. It all just comes down to them being a bunch of pansies. They probably think farting in public is violent.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:34 AM   #22
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
If the parents then had known what the world would look like now, they wouldn't have wasted their time complaining.
Yes I very much agree. What passes as family entertainment today makes the first TMNT movie look conservative in comparison.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 02:16 PM   #23
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

Now that you're talking about soto, was there a post with an interview to the director of this film? I'd like to get info about if Krang was originally in the script. Cheers!

Last edited by TMNachoT; 11-05-2017 at 11:00 AM.
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:30 AM   #24
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNachoT View Post
Now that you're talking about soto, was there a post with an interview to the director of this film? I'd like to get info about if Krang was originally in the script. Cheers!
I only found this interview from a couple of years ago:

http://www.tmntautographs.com/interviewpressman.html
Old 11-09-2017, 06:57 PM   #25
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
I only found this interview from a couple of years ago:

http://www.tmntautographs.com/interviewpressman.html
Cheers!!!!
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:30 AM   #26
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNachoT View Post
Cheers!!!!
Apologies it's not more in depth to answer your questions but I thought you might like to read it. Glad you like it.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:48 PM   #27
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior

"according to a source close to them". So they didn't actually say it, and People is a tabloid, so maybe they were trying to sell more magazines using the TMNT name.
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 08:21 AM   #28
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTChris1980 View Post
"according to a source close to them". So they didn't actually say it, and People is a tabloid, so maybe they were trying to sell more magazines using the TMNT name.
It's certainly possible tabloids were hopping on the parental bandwagon hate towards TMNT.
Old 11-23-2017, 08:48 AM   #29
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Let's be rational about this. Jim Henson didn't say this. Someone else did. Here-say isn't reliable and can be exaggerated. You probably see this happen every day at work. Sometimes there's only a little bit of negative and people make it into a lot. Besides, for all we know there was just one time he nonchalantly said, "Well, it might be a little violent, but I think it'll be good." More importantly, he didn't publicly criticize the film. I see no rational reason to stop watching The Muppets, Labyrinth, or Dark Crystal because of this.

Last edited by sgtfbomb; 11-23-2017 at 08:54 AM.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:16 AM   #30
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfbomb View Post
Let's be rational about this. Jim Henson didn't say this. Someone else did. Here-say isn't reliable and can be exaggerated. You probably see this happen every day at work. Sometimes there's only a little bit of negative and people make it into a lot. Besides, for all we know there was just one time he nonchalantly said, "Well, it might be a little violent, but I think it'll be good." More importantly, he didn't publicly criticize the film. I see no rational reason to stop watching The Muppets, Labyrinth, or Dark Crystal because of this.
Yeah as I said it was the tabloids probably.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:33 PM   #31
slashpieturtlemix
Mad Scientist

I read this article and lol'ed. TMNT has grown a lot since those times. You have to keep in mind that there was the dark tmnt side and the kiddy side. The first movie leaned way more to the dark side and it caught parents off guard. I disagree with any family member speaking for a deceased relative since that person can not speak for themselves. Also, tmnt was probably not in the museum because I would assume that entire display was probably his original properties and not other companies he worked under.

https://www.youtube.com/user/hkohles1

https://www.ebay.com/usr/kohlesgoods

https://www.facebook.com/hkohles1gaming
slashpieturtlemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 12:56 PM   #32
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashpieturtlemix View Post
You have to keep in mind that there was the dark tmnt side and the kiddy side. The first movie leaned way more to the dark side and it caught parents off guard.
I tend to think most parents knew TMNT from the cartoon which was lighthearted so I'm not sure about that. I mean if they were concerned the 80s cartoon at the time was violent can you imagine their reaction to worldwide exposure to the Mirage comics?