The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 09-13-2017, 05:50 AM   #21
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

I might pick it up, if only because my 5S is a joke at the moment. All the glass is cracked, I have about 8 big black blotches on the screen, it mutes/speaker/hangs up at random, and the bottom half of the touchpad only works about 70 percent of the time. And recently it's developed this VHS like fuzz over everything.

Might be time for an upgrade.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:51 AM   #22
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Apple died with Steve Jobs and is now a fashion company. Jobs would've never let a bunch of the things that have come out out, this was a guy who would call designers at 2 am because a color was off on a logo as he was using it at night.

When was the last time iOS really did something new? it's been years, apple had also been playing catch up. I'm not saying Android is doing much better either or other companies like Samsung. Phones reached a maturity point where there is little useful innovation anymore and most do most of the things we all need very well, anything else is vanity.

Apple will continue to be successful but they're not innovative anymore.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:21 AM   #23
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
I might pick it up, if only because my 5S is a joke at the moment. All the glass is cracked, I have about 8 big black blotches on the screen, it mutes/speaker/hangs up at random, and the bottom half of the touchpad only works about 70 percent of the time. And recently it's developed this VHS like fuzz over everything.

Might be time for an upgrade.
Yeah...that should probably be the best course of action. But I wouldn't bother with this one, just go for what's decent at the moment and not overly extravagant like this thing.

It would probably be a good idea to have a phone that functions, especially with your career in television and potentially being on important phone calls.
Old 09-14-2017, 04:00 AM   #24
Mayhem
Foot Elite

NSFW...

Old 09-14-2017, 08:31 AM   #25
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Over-expensive and unnecessary.
I mean seriously; $1000 for a phone???
Waaaaay too much.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 02:46 PM   #26
Shark_Blade
Emperor

"Apple's new $1,000 iPhone X is luxuriously out of touch"

http://time.com/4942111/apple-iphone...e-consumption/
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:06 PM   #27
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

“The iPhone X could be a problem for Apple”

I suppose it won’t be much of a surprise to some if this phone is considered a failure or has low sales.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/i...152106148.html
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:58 PM   #28
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I don't follow Apple stock so I have no idea how it's doing, I would think it's doing fine since I see a lot of people with them, but then again it might just be my bubble of contacts that I work with that have them.

I'm no fan of Apple and they haven't innovated in a long time but unlike most tech companies, it's difficult to know how they're doing since Apple is not in the tech business only, it's in the fashion business somewhat as well which is a market I don't follow so my guess is as good as anyone elses.
Old 04-30-2018, 11:05 PM   #29
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I don't follow Apple stock so I have no idea how it's doing, I would think it's doing fine since I see a lot of people with them, but then again it might just be my bubble of contacts that I work with that have them.

I'm no fan of Apple and they haven't innovated in a long time but unlike most tech companies, it's difficult to know how they're doing since Apple is not in the tech business only, it's in the fashion business somewhat as well which is a market I don't follow so my guess is as good as anyone elses.
The article mentioned that Apple stock has “taken a hit in recent weeks.” I thought your location was China. That market according to the article is not going to be much help in growing Apple’s sales. Interesting about the fashion component. I’ve never heard that until now.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 02:07 PM   #30
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Apple garbage. Hot garbage.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:52 PM   #31
DWC
Banned

Not really a phone guy myself. Just have a very basic Samsung for calling, kik and whatsapp, and am hardly on them now anyway. I leave the house without my phone often.
DWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:28 PM   #32
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I'm happy with my Samsung Galaxy S9.
Old 05-01-2018, 07:30 PM   #33
Prowler
Emperor

I've never seen the appeal of Apple products. You're basically paying for overpriced products based on their design. I don't need to pay over 200 for a phone.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:52 PM   #34
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I've never seen the appeal of Apple products. You're basically paying for overpriced products based on their design. I don't need to pay over 200 for a phone.
Yeah, Apple has a closed system. at some point some of those phones will stop receiving updates. and then the new version of the apps will only run on the latest IOS.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:29 PM   #35
sdp
Megan Fox = April

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...hone-stability

$61.1 billion in revenue
$100 billion share buyback
Services revenue up 31% year over year
Wearables up 50% year over year

Apple reports best march quarter ever and their shares go up so they're doing more than fine.

Quote:
Status.

Back in the day Apple was a tech company for nerds so they had expensive stuff but you usually had well made devices of amazing quality that the competition couldn't match as well as constantly innovating and easy to use. Nowadays the quality is not what it used to be even if it's still great, their devices are not cutting edge even if they do try to innovate, they lost something without Steve Jobs really. My last apple product was an iphone 5 which was likely the last iphone that Steve Jobs saw to fruition and I just wasn't interested in anything after that.

Apple transitioned to a fashion company which is more profitable and makes sense, people use their devices because they're easy and because of the cost, give you a status. I won't deny they have great products, they're just not appealing to me anymore as a tech geek since I can get similar or better stuff for the same price or cheaper.
Old 05-02-2018, 02:15 AM   #36
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Yeah, Apple has a closed system. at some point some of those phones will stop receiving updates. and then the new version of the apps will only run on the latest IOS.
Same applies to Android, just maybe not quite as quickly app wise. Certainly Google phones are only designed to receive 2-3 years of OS updates.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:06 AM   #37
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
It's the same as people slavishly buy $2000 purses, or whatever. It's for the name. Yuppies have convinced themselves that Apple is somehow upscale, even though it's not, and just about all of their products are overpriced, underpowered garbage that sell you into slavery in their various platforms (iTunes, etc.).
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 11:03 AM   #38
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It's the same as people slavishly buy $2000 purses, or whatever. It's for the name. Yuppies have convinced themselves that Apple is somehow upscale, even though it's not, and just about all of their products are overpriced, underpowered garbage that sell you into slavery in their various platforms (iTunes, etc.).
Yeah. You know what's the irony in this? People buy overpriced stuff in order to show off their supposed social status... and make themselves go broke in the process

I remember when Apple was a hipster thing. Most people I see with apple products are upper-middle class young women.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote