The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 06-05-2014, 01:12 AM   #61
pennydreadful
trash

When it started airing, I was about 19/20ish I think... I always perceived myself as being the target audience since I was a pre-existing fan.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:28 AM   #62
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

I was 25 when it aired, not the target audience but a loyal fan since then!!
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:35 AM   #63
NoName999
Foot Soldier

I was 15 at the time, so... maybe
Old 06-07-2014, 08:46 PM   #64
fridaynightdestination
Banned

I didn't start watching it until recently, but when it first started to air I was 5, and while this show is darker, I'd say 5 is the target audience.
fridaynightdestination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:00 PM   #65
HayaMika
Random Punk

I was 7 years old so probably... But I didn't get into the turtle franchise until the 2012 series came out, and even then I didn't start watching it until the summer of 2013. >w>

just your average cartoons/animation fanatic...

HayaMika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:00 PM   #66
Shincosutan
Mouser

I was also 7, and I watched it on cartoon network when I was 9-10, so yeah. I had a lot of fun watching it at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
(Its sad that in Germany only the first 2 seasons were on tv )
Really? Only the first two seasons in Norway too...
Shincosutan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:19 PM   #67
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

I must have been about 19, so just based on that I wouldn't have been. But I still think I was in the TA, because immediately I saw the series having qualities that suited my tastes as an older TMNT fan.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:19 PM   #68
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

I was 11 years old at the time, so 2k3 felt like a replacement for Batman TAS and Batman Beyond. I also found it way more interesting than the current season of Power Rangers at the time (Ninja Storm?) and was bummed about the overall drop in quality after Time Force ended in '02.

I still remember that Saturday morning in February 2003 and the "Totally Turtles Premiere Party," watching the pilot episode on my father's tube TV. He liked the series and even played the first 2k3 video game on PS2 with me. Dad passed away about a year and a half later so I associate 2k3 with memories of my dad's last days, coming of age and growing up fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:32 AM   #69
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's funny how even after over a decade my opinions on certain episodes haven't changed. The episodes I liked when they originally aired a decade ago I still like today, the episodes I didn't like the first time around I still don't like today.

It's hard to believe this is going a decade back too.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:41 AM   #70
Leo656
The Franchise

No it's not. Your opinions never change, even in the face of overwhelming logic, facts, reason, or common sense. You're like Shia LeBeouf with even less self-awareness, if such a thing was even possible.

Not picking on you, just saying... observing you as I have, you generally make up your mind early and stay that way. I am in no way surprised that any of your opinions from a decade or so ago are still the same. I'd be more surprised if the reverse were true.

It's why you're one of everyone's favorites around here.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:39 PM   #71
Raphies
Random Punk

Maybe. I was six seven when the show aired so I'd think so. I started watching it every week during like the second or third season, but owned quite a bit of episodes on DVD.
Raphies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 06:04 PM   #72
pharaohyami5000
Thug

Screw being the target audience. It's turtles! How can we hate it?

18 when TMNT TAS began. I was really mesmerized by the new atmosphere, as well as the turtles being more fun to watch than how the Classic turtles were. To me it felt like this series kinda sorta continued where the Classics left off when their previous residence was battered and had to reside to a new location, regardless of the fact that it's a new TMNT series.
pharaohyami5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:45 AM   #73
Leolead
Stone Warrior

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshdonnie View Post
i was 4 in 03
Same!

once i started getting old enough to understand it i really started loving the show!

I still consider it the darkest version of TMNT in cartoons, i also consider it the most faithful adaption of the Mirage Turtles in cartoon.

maybe that's why i like my Turtles gritty?
Old 08-18-2014, 03:06 PM   #74
Ryanator008
Hench Mutant

I think I was a little too young to understand its complex plots. I'm not sure though, as I was always forced to watch what my older siblings wanted to watch (mainly Nickelodeon, but occasionally Sonic X or The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy). I missed out on so much during that time period.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:30 PM   #75
Jephael
That whack job behind you

I was 22 when it came out, so I was definitely not the target demographic.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:37 PM   #76
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist

I was 12 when it came out, but didn't really watch it until around 2005 or 2006 when Season 4 just aired. Don't think that was probably the best Season to begin on but got easily caught up shortly thereafter.
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:06 PM   #77
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

I may be in the minority here, but by the time this came around, I had all but forgotten the TMNT. I am one of those fans that loved TMNT as a kid in the 80's and early 90's but by the time I was a teenager had forgotten them. Then in my mid 20s started reading the comics and NOW I LOVE TMNT like they were my family. This show is really great as well.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:35 PM   #78
Davetello
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower1985 View Post
I may be in the minority here, but by the time this came around, I had all but forgotten the TMNT. I am one of those fans that loved TMNT as a kid in the 80's and early 90's but by the time I was a teenager had forgotten them. Then in my mid 20s started reading the comics and NOW I LOVE TMNT like they were my family. This show is really great as well.
Sounds like my experience. Big fan in the eighties and nineties, big of a gap between say 1997-2003, flirted with it again, then got back in properly around 2006 when I learned about the comics.
Davetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:15 AM   #79
THGhost
Puppet Master

I was 11 in '03, so more or less the target audience for me.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:44 AM   #80
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist

The show started the same month as my birthday and hit about the time I turned 18. I saw the first episodes, then I started to work and it would make me miss the morning show on Fox box. I collected most of the figures even if I didn't keep up with the show very well. Fast Forward figures and show I left on the shelf.

Now getting back into it and watching online. I wonder what is keeping the series from being part of the franchise, because it sure seems like they are trying to distance themselves away from this show. I mean come on, the next mutation show was released, and some of us know how quality a show that was (it's actually better if you watch while pretending it's a cartoon)

The "making of" on the recent movie mentions the comics, 80's cartoon, live action movies, then jumps forward to the computer animated movie then nick series (or something like that). It's like they don't have the rights to that 2003 show.

When there is a release I want a battle shell with complete series inside, similar to the Fred Wolf turtle van box set.

Maybe they are picking a better moment to release the series.

"Party Wagon on the Move!"
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4kids