Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-22-2019, 07:46 AM   #41
Igglet

Was that...

Was that Hun?
Old 05-22-2019, 02:41 PM   #42
Igglet

I suppose this question fits best here, as this is technically the most recent issue directly connected to the main ongoing, but, what do you all think (and hope) will be the big, status-quo shifting, game-changing plot twist in #100? The #50 equivalent being Splinter taking over the Foot Clan.

Honestly, I'm really excited to see what the writers have planned, and a bit scared at the same time, because I genuinely don't see how they can top it without repeating themselves. The twist with Splinter set the board for the next 50 issues of the run, and I'm just anxiously awaiting to see what they'll do and if it'll be on that level. I get the feeling that it might have to do with Saki and perhaps him taking Splinter's place as sensei, as unlikely as it sounds, or perhaps the turtles splitting off and going in their own separate ways. I'm not entirely sure if I'd like either of these options, but I'm just trying to figure out what would be big enough to be the moment the last 50 issues have been leading up to, and the next 50 will build off of.
Old 05-22-2019, 02:57 PM   #43
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
I suppose this question fits best here, as this is technically the most recent issue directly connected to the main ongoing, but, what do you all think (and hope) will be the big, status-quo shifting, game-changing plot twist in #100? The #50 equivalent being Splinter taking over the Foot Clan.

Honestly, I'm really excited to see what the writers have planned, and a bit scared at the same time, because I genuinely don't see how they can top it without repeating themselves. The twist with Splinter set the board for the next 50 issues of the run, and I'm just anxiously awaiting to see what they'll do and if it'll be on that level. I get the feeling that it might have to do with Saki and perhaps him taking Splinter's place as sensei, as unlikely as it sounds, or perhaps the turtles splitting off and going in their own separate ways. I'm not entirely sure if I'd like either of these options, but I'm just trying to figure out what would be big enough to be the moment the last 50 issues have been leading up to, and the next 50 will build off of.
Those two are the most likely options at this moment, yeah. At least that we can glean from what's been given to us so far. Personally, I think the most likely status quo shift is Splinter dying (not necessarily in #100) and the Turtles disbanding as a result of that. But who knows, really? I don't think anyone saw the twist in #50 coming, so it's likely that IDW will surprise us once again with something none of us have predicted.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 03:16 PM   #44
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
Was that...

Was that Hun?
Not sure what you mean...?
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 11:32 PM   #45
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Those two are the most likely options at this moment, yeah. At least that we can glean from what's been given to us so far. Personally, I think the most likely status quo shift is Splinter dying (not necessarily in #100) and the Turtles disbanding as a result of that. But who knows, really? I don't think anyone saw the twist in #50 coming, so it's likely that IDW will surprise us once again with something none of us have predicted.
IDW has put emphasis on a few different areas of the story (and I'm not complaining, I like that there are different directions and options to go in) that it really is had to predict that moment in #100. I think the only safe bet is that Splinter is probably going to not be alive much longer, and Shredder and Takeshi coming back to life (and not necessarily #100 being where these take place). Beyond that is harder to predict, though the Turtles splitting up in some fashion has started to be hinted at a lot more in the last few months (at least in my view).
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 01:26 AM   #46
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Oh yeah. It's pretty obvious they're going to split for a good while. And make some very confusing storylines in the meantime, probably focusing them in different clumps at a time before they're gradually having to be drawn back together.

April finishing off what she wants with Stockman...Ch'rell throwing a screaming fit on Burnow Island...Null finally stopping being mysterious and cryptic...Hob getting into business as usual.

Spoiler:
My process of Aka comparing Krang to Jonah went as so:

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 05-23-2019 at 02:27 AM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote