The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-27-2017, 05:40 PM   #41
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
It does seem kinda odd that you've never been actively targeted, CyberCubed, since you claim to be a short guy with very nerdy interests and zero interests in sports. For a casual observer you seem like a prime target for school bullies. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you didn't have a bad school experience at all but I can't believe you were actually that lucky. I really can't. It's like everything in your life is perfect or close to it, from your family to your health, to your personal experiences, etc. It seems like the only truly bad things to happen to you in your life were Turtle nostrils and Shredder almost turning white.
I think it's the fact that I get bothered by negative things in cartoons/shows or whatever instead of real life stuff, would prove that in real life I don't have anything worth complaining about, so that's what I focus on. It's the people who have serious real life problems that of course don't care about trivial things in entertainment media and instead talk about how depressed they are or how their lives are poor.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:41 PM   #42
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I figured it out. This is the secret account of Donald Trump.

See, definitely Trump. Or similar frame of mind... No life is that perfect, even if negatives are locked away tight. (But now I wish Trump took to Twitter about Turtle nostrils.)
Cubed being Trump? I don't believe that. Cubed is quite calm and... rational to some degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
At the very least, they're kindred spirits.

It might have taught him some manners.
Well, tbh, considering some things he's sai here throughout the years really makes me wonder how no one has slapped him irl ever. My guess is that he's a lot more quiet irl. I guess you're just another keyboard warrior at the end of the day eh Cubed?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:44 PM   #43
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Cubed being Trump? I don't believe that. Cubed is quite calm and... rational to some degree.
There was suspicion of this back in the Debate night thread when I pointed that Cubed and Trump both use the techniques of repetition and the shoehorning of points to capture attention.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:45 PM   #44
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
There was suspicion of this back in the Debate night thread when I pointed that Cubed and Trump both use the techniques of repetition and the shoehorning of points to capture attention.
Tbh, it's kinda odd that Cubed claims to be a left-winger considering his stances aren't exactly reflective of that.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:20 PM   #45
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Stupid thing is, bullies who don't have a good home life aren't exactly the only ones. Not all kids who have a crappy situation become bullies of others. I grew up with a mother that was kind of emotionally unstable and chose me to be the one she'd take her own problems out on. Did I become a bully? No. I was that withdrawn kid instead.

And these the little bastards that become bullies decide to harass others, esp easy targets like I was, making life that much more miserable for another kid who, unknown to them, may not be much happier at home.

And between dealing with my mother and crappy people at school... come middle school all that stress (and depression) culminated in a lovely period of anxiety attacks.
I'm so sorry you had to go through that. *hugs*

Not all kids with a crappy home life are affected that way but many are. Schools should do more to ensure that there is no shame in speaking out about it. Sadly some kids will always slip through the gaps but the schools could do more to make sure it happens less.
DisKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:24 PM   #46
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
The sad truth about most bullies is that the old cliché about them having ****ed up home lives is true. They're either unloved or treated like dirt, and it's what they've learned about human interaction from day one. They're easier to shrug off once you've learned that.
This is true in my case. I've never been bullied, but I knew a kid who was a bully. He talked about how his dad used to beat the sh*t out of him until he learned to fight back.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 11:38 PM   #47
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Yeah, I avoided fights but I do agree with some of the earlier posters. Back in grade school things were more personal, one on one, but when I was in high school... you hit one, you might as well challenge the whole gang, and guns and knives usually end up being involved. No thank you.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 11:58 PM   #48
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Never really got bullied, mostly just ignored, which is what I preferred and strived for it to be that way.

One thing regarding bullying I remember was an event with one kid who got bullied. Many of the other kids would chastise him for his interests in Legos, his bowl haircut, and the fact that he played the trumpet in band. I never really talked to him, but he was a nice kid, he didn't deserve that kind of stuff. Eventually it got so bad, his mom had to take him out of school and he got homeschooled. I remember multiple occasions that I could've stood up for the poor kid and helped hin, and I always feel bad that I didn't.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:02 AM   #49
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
but when I was in high school... you hit one, you might as well challenge the whole gang, and guns and knives usually end up being involved. No thank you.
What the hell? Is this really how life is like in the gangsta hood in those ghetto schools?

I mean in my schools when people fought it was just small fist fights that ended quickly and everyone just got over it and moved on. You're telling me fights consisted of people stabbing, shooting and killing each other in your schools? And gangs?

Man, I feel sorry for you guys growing up in schools like that. I thought this stuff only happened in the movies and on TV, not in real life.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:06 AM   #50
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What the hell? Is this really how life is like in the gangsta hood in those ghetto schools?

I mean in my schools when people fought it was just small fist fights that ended quickly and everyone just got over it and moved on. You're telling me fights consisted of people stabbing, shooting and killing each other in your schools? And gangs?

Man, I feel sorry for you guys growing up in schools like that. I thought this stuff only happened in the movies and on TV, not in real life.
No at the school itself. But afterwards if you were unlucky enough to run into whoever you messed with and his posse off the school grounds. So yeah, even if you win today at a one on one, you might lose the next day when you get jumped by his buds.

There's only been 2 or 3 shootings that I remember at my school. I honestly don't remember anyone getting shot but I do remember the halls full of everyone running the hell out.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:19 AM   #51
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:

Yeah, it's more common in middle school and high school as that's the age when students have already made up their mind about school, and probably already joined gangs, but are still obligated to go because they still live with their parents. I've had a few close encounters with gang members in and out of school but it never escalated. I was never afraid of them and wasn't afraid to fight back, but luckily, nothing serious ever came from it. I fought older kids and even 3 kids at once, but never got into it with gangs. Though, some of them probably did end up in gangs later in life. I did hear some crazy stories though about stuff like that happening in other classes and my middle school was put on lockdown twice for increase in fights.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:43 AM   #52
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:

No one needs pity, especially not from someone making ignorant remarks. Everyone learns to deal and as long as they were smart, it's not an issue.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 01:49 PM   #53
Prowler
Emperor

While I didn't go to a "hood gangsta" school, about, let's say 25 or so percent of my HS had troublesome students. I didn't get involved in their sh*t and they didn't mess with me or my classmates either.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:30 AM   #54
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Here's something that always bothered me. Upon being placed in special ed due to my learning disabilities in the 6th Grade, I made friends with a classmate who had cerebral palsy, which resulted in her being unable to walk without crutches. That was bad enough... For some f*cked up reason we were stuck with all sorts of delinquent troublemakers in most of our classes, a couple of which liked to pick on her, and I felt so helpless seeing it unfold. Looking back, I kinda feel like that's why I get so over emotional when I see certain people on the internet act in a similar manner, because deep down it reminds me of my poor friend being ridiculed and harassed over a medical condition she never asked to be born with! It sickens me to this day how @SSwipes still continue to treat the physically and/or mentally impaired in such a manner!!!

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:56 AM   #55
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I was the bully and am ashamed. I'm a changed man now, believe.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:16 AM   #56
Jephael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Glad to hear that, dude!!! I wish more people would wise up and realize that bullying never accomplishes anything but pain and heartache... and in some cases death.

www.jephael.com
Old 03-29-2017, 08:24 AM   #57
AquaParade
Banned

I had something like a bully for a couple years. He ended up committing suicide a few years ago.

Gives you perspective.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:33 AM   #58
Jephael

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I had something like a bully for a couple years. He ended up committing suicide a few years ago.

Gives you perspective.
Maybe he was being bullied by someone... possibly a relative. They say we should all be considerate to each other as we have no idea what each other may or may not be going through. I've learned the hard way though, reaching out to people can always be tricky, and sometimes you're better off leaving certain people be.

www.jephael.com
Old 03-29-2017, 01:56 PM   #59
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

Quote:
I figured it out. This is the secret account of Donald Trump.
That's a little harsh. Now I feel sorry for Cubed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
That's great to hear.
DisKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:21 PM   #60
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Through most of grade school. Kinda dissipated by high school

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection: