The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-19-2018, 03:07 PM   #1
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Favorite Music and Shows of the TMNT

I had a random thought that could be a fun topic of conversation. It's probably already been talked about but I wasn't around if it was. So anyway...

What are the top 3 songs and top 3 TV shows of each ninja turtle?

This of course depends on iteration and since there are several I placed the topic in general.

Personally I'm still pondering this and for now I'm mainly focusing on the 2012 version of the turtles, but keeping the other iterations in mind in the background. If it isn't obvious this is more or less a shameless headcanon topic.

For example I think 2012 Leo is at least a low key weeb and mixing that in with his love of Space Heroes I think one of his favorite shows would be an anime called Macross.
SDF Macross is an anime with a lot of themes in it I think he would gel with. It is also kind of campy and I think Leo would be into that. It's got action, drama, romance, space battles,all that good stuff but not super flashy like a lot of modern anime. Leo is a down to earth type and doesn't care much for fan service. He might also be a fan of Gundam Wing.

For music, I think one of Raphael's favorite songs is 'Human Nature' by Micheal Jackson. How many of us have that one song you really like but probably to embarrassed to listen to it without headphones? I think Human Nature might be that song for Raphael. In this case no specific Raph but I'm thinking more...90's/2007/2k3/comics Raph.

When the lyrics say the "city is an apple and he wants to take a bite". Apple, "big apple" = New York. Raphael loves New York. The title being "Human Nature" is like ironic that he isn't human yet is human in all the ways that count. and I remember once coming across a cool essay stating Raphael loves New York like a man loves a woman. Thus it being kind of a love song makes sense. In my mind at least.

I'd like to know what you guys think? What kind of music do you think each turtle likes the most and what shows do they like the most.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 03:11 PM   #2
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Michelangelo

I think Michelangelo prefers the series based on his favourite superhero comics.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 11:35 PM   #3
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
I had a random thought that could be a fun topic of conversation. It's probably already been talked about but I wasn't around if it was. So anyway...

What are the top 3 songs and top 3 TV shows of each ninja turtle?

This of course depends on iteration and since there are several I placed the topic in general.

Personally I'm still pondering this and for now I'm mainly focusing on the 2012 version of the turtles, but keeping the other iterations in mind in the background. If it isn't obvious this is more or less a shameless headcanon topic.

For example I think 2012 Leo is at least a low key weeb and mixing that in with his love of Space Heroes I think one of his favorite shows would be an anime called Macross.
SDF Macross is an anime with a lot of themes in it I think he would gel with. It is also kind of campy and I think Leo would be into that. It's got action, drama, romance, space battles,all that good stuff but not super flashy like a lot of modern anime. Leo is a down to earth type and doesn't care much for fan service. He might also be a fan of Gundam Wing.

For music, I think one of Raphael's favorite songs is 'Human Nature' by Micheal Jackson. How many of us have that one song you really like but probably to embarrassed to listen to it without headphones? I think Human Nature might be that song for Raphael. In this case no specific Raph but I'm thinking more...90's/2007/2k3/comics Raph.

When the lyrics say the "city is an apple and he wants to take a bite". Apple, "big apple" = New York. Raphael loves New York. The title being "Human Nature" is like ironic that he isn't human yet is human in all the ways that count. and I remember once coming across a cool essay stating Raphael loves New York like a man loves a woman. Thus it being kind of a love song makes sense. In my mind at least.

I'd like to know what you guys think? What kind of music do you think each turtle likes the most and what shows do they like the most.
Leo as a Macross/Robotech fan?! That is actually pretty funny! Fun fact- FW cartoon Leo VA Cam Clarke also voiced Robotech characters Max Sterling and (2nd gen) Yellow Dancer/Lancer. Who both often wore blue. (Max has blue hair.)

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 03:40 PM   #4
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

New York, New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
Raphael loves New York..
Why not Frank Sinatra's New York, New York?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 12:29 AM   #5
Vintage
Random Punk

I got all my favorite soundtracks from the first two movies and original theme song from the original cartoon on my iPhone. I listen to it if it happens to pop up randomly from my songs. So I walk around among you with headphones on listening to this. Does this make me weird?
Vintage is offline   Reply With Quote