The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 01-28-2023, 03:34 PM   #21
IMJ
Emperor

There are a few very simple facts to address:

1 A suspect's attitude in a police interaction dictates the methodology of outcome. If you are getting arrested, then the arrest is happening. The end. If you ghetto-up your attitude or mouth while being arrested, the chances of you dying increase greatly. The end.

2 A cop who subdues and cuffs a suspect ends the physical altercation & the interaction is over beyond transport. The end. If you are arresting someone you use the force necessary to complete the arrest and once it's done, it's done. If a cop toughguys-up after someone is in custody, the chances of that cop going to prison increase greatly. The end.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 03:50 PM   #22
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I don't like or support what happened one bit. But once again the popular narrative is that the attack is based out of white supremacy. It doesn't matter that all involved where black, it was still white supremacy to them.

We are not going to make progress in the right direction if we are pointing fingers at the wrong culprit.

We can tackle policing issues without wrapping it in blanket of blame on white people. The rise of racial hatred against white people is one of the most important issues in our society today, and we have a huge chunk of the population who refuses to acknowledge that it is exactly that: racial hatred.

If you seriously blame white supremacy, then do you think that is also the cause of state violence in other countries as well? Ignorance.

Last edited by Zulithe; 01-28-2023 at 08:31 PM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 05:52 PM   #23
IMJ
Emperor

There is an easy solution to the problem. Look at and correct your own behavior, public conduct, and presentation of self. That's it. It works for cops and society's "victims".
Old 01-28-2023, 07:13 PM   #24
Galactus
Foot Elite

This has been on the prime time news here in the UK for two days so I don't think this story has been buried under the carpet.

Allegedly he was stopped because the cops thought he was driving recklessly. If that's the case then surely the proper procedure should be to ask him to get out of the car, ask to see his drivers license, ask him if he's had anything to drink etc. What they should not have done was instantly try and drag the guy out of his car. I don't know how much IMJ knows about human nature but when someone puts there hands on you unexpectedly it's a natural reaction to resist. Putting aside the totally understandable distrust of the police that most black Americans have people have a natural fight or flight reaction. In this case he wasn't trying to fight the cops he was trying to get away from the people physically assaulting him for no reason. Sadly running away is one of the worst things guys can do to cops. They call it the "run tax" if you make them run they'll punish you more for it. That's why even when he was appropriately subdued they carried on beating for another two minutes.

I don't think the fact that the police in this case were black changes anything. This is part the culture of the police force that is ingrained into recruits at the academy and compounded when they actually serve; Black people are more of a threat and you can't take any chances with them. That's why so many white mass shooters are taken alive while guys like Tyre Nicols who at best may have committed a minor traffic offence (and the validity of that claim is being debated) ends up lynched to death.

Where the racial element does change things is the aftermath. Look how swifty the officers were fired and charged compared to the many white cops that are merely suspended pending investigation. Even more important is how the media is treating this; Fox News of all places are condemning these five cops instead defending them or coming up with bogus excuses like they usually do. Tyre is actually being spoken about as a victim. They are so far not trying to drag up any dirt on him to make out in some way he had it coming. Of course that may very well be because he was a legit decent guy but you shouldn't have to be a proverbial saint for people to feel sorry you being killed by the police.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 07:45 PM   #25
ChosenOne
Banned

Boo-hoo. Here's hoping you never have any sort of reason to call the police, those dastardly villains.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 07:58 PM   #26
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post

Where the racial element does change things is the aftermath. Look how swifty the officers were fired and charged compared to the many white cops that are merely suspended pending investigation. Even more important is how the media is treating this; Fox News of all places are condemning these five cops instead defending them or coming up with bogus excuses like they usually do. .
Dude, good catch! I didn't notice that, but you're right! If they were white they would have just been suspended or whatever, but these guys were fired on the spot.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 08:47 PM   #27
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Dude, good catch! I didn't notice that, but you're right! If they were white they would have just been suspended or whatever, but these guys were fired on the spot.
Yep, yep. Just ask Derek Chauvin. Oh... Hol'up.
Old 01-28-2023, 08:49 PM   #28
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Yep, yep. Just ask Derek Chauvin. Oh... Hol'up.
Yeah but wasn't that like waaaaaay later? Wasn't a lot of the BLM backlash and stuff because he was just suspended at first and not fired?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 01-28-2023, 08:51 PM   #29
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Yeah but wasn't that like waaaaaay later? Wasn't a lot of the BLM backlash and stuff because he was just suspended at first and not fired?
Nope, the very next day. BLM gonna BLM, they'll grasp at any straws for an excuse to burn and pillage stuff.
Old 01-28-2023, 09:20 PM   #30
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Nope, the very next day. BLM gonna BLM, they'll grasp at any straws for an excuse to burn and pillage stuff.
Damn, the details have become fuzzy to me. It feels like the whole George Floyd thing was eons ago.

Old 01-28-2023, 09:37 PM   #31
member_removed
Hench Mutant

The guy was asshole and so was George Floyd, assholes gunna asshole.

As for this case if five Tennessee black cops want to go after one person, I hear Megan Hall is free.

No, you take the ugly one!

I'll take the ugly one!

Which one's the ugly one?
member_removed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 10:04 PM   #32
Coola Yagami
Overlord

That's another thing. It's always this huge number of cops that go after a single black dude as if he's the freakin Juggernaut or something. Like it seems it's always like 'WE GOT A BLACK MAN, I REPEAT, WE GOT A BLACK MAN. ALL HANDS ON DECK!!!! ALL SQUAD CARS REPORT TO THIS LOCATION ASAP!!!"

Old 01-28-2023, 10:04 PM   #33
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

The anti-racist activists and politicians say, “We need to get rid of racism!” over and over every day, but here’s what they will never admit: they actually don’t want to get rid of racism. They need racism because it gives them purpose, money, and power. Without conflict, there’s no need for a savior who has all the solutions. They deliberately keep racism alive while claiming that they want to put an end to it.

That’s why they make up things like “internalized white supremacy” and will call these black cops “racist” for their actions. To the rational person who doesn’t fall for propaganda and actually uses their brain, that makes no sense whatsoever. But to the person who lets the MSM do the thinking for them, that makes perfect sense.

Last edited by Cowabung-Gal; 01-28-2023 at 11:07 PM.
Cowabung-Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 11:52 PM   #34
Dpooly84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I don’t know the details, but five cops beating up on one person seems excessive to me regardless of what the person did.
At least there's one logical thought in here, allot of y'all need to think about what your saying. In what world does running from the cops deserve to be beating to death? Get outta your basement
Dpooly84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 06:43 AM   #35
ChosenOne
Banned

Sorry, I left the world's smallest violin in my other pants.
Old 01-29-2023, 10:21 AM   #36
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpooly84 View Post
In what world does running from the cops deserve to be beating to death? Get outta your basement
I don't think anyone said that. You are hearing what suits your own woe-is-me I'm persecuted agenda/culture. Nobody said the guy deserved being beat to death. Actually it's exactly the opposite.
Old 01-29-2023, 10:57 AM   #37
TurtleManiac
Stone Warrior

It says here he died of cardiac arrest 3 days after the incident?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-officers.html

Initially I thought he died at the scene or same day but didn’t know all the details. That is crazy if the beating caused him to go into cardiac arrest 3 days later.

Also was reading on Twitter rumors that 2 of the officers were new diversity hires after the police were defunded, lowered the hiring qualifications, and they possibly had ties to some street gangs. Some users suggesting this may have been a targeted attack.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 12:53 PM   #38
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleManiac View Post

Initially I thought he died at the scene or same day but didn’t know all the details. That is crazy if the beating caused him to go into cardiac arrest 3 days later.

Also was reading on Twitter rumors that 2 of the officers were new diversity hires after the police were defunded, lowered the hiring qualifications, and they possibly had ties to some street gangs. Some users suggesting this may have been a targeted attack.
Hmm that could be. Makes a lot more sense than 'it's internalized racism'.

Sadly that won't stop people from saying' no no no, none of that, stop asking questions, stop looking into it, it's and open and shut case of white supremacy."

Old 01-30-2023, 12:26 PM   #39
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Quote:
Doesn't that only work for white people though?
No. It works with everybody. I've never had any problems with the police as a black man because I've never mouthed off or acted arrogant at them.

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 12:32 PM   #40
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleManiac View Post

Now, THAT makes alot more sense. maybe they found another gang member and finally 'got' him?

THIS is why you have to ask 'what's the REAL story' these days.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote