The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2017, 03:22 PM   #1
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior
 
Splinter the boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 685
Gaming online on console

How do you feel about it? Do you like offline gaming better? Today was my first time, I thought why not and decided to try it. It was a different experience, and I lost a lot because my controller response time was slow, in the end my game was slow and I got crushed even at the games I am boss at. What do you think?
__________________
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:22 PM   #2
DestronMirage22
Stone Warrior
 
DestronMirage22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: MO
Posts: 960
The only experience I have is playing against people in Marvel vs Capcom. It's fun. It certainly is better than beating my family members over and over again.

Connection issues can be annoying though.
__________________

Spoiler:
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 05:34 AM   #3
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 10,033
Playing online is fun, as long as you don't use a headset during it, you don't want to hear any kid yelling out racist stuff and saying you suck and such.
__________________

Last edited by TigerClaw; 05-20-2017 at 03:22 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 08:03 AM   #4
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior
 
Splinter the boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 685
My controller response Time is so slow that I have to think 3 steps ahead just in case, and most of the time it's futile. I see others so fast, I think it's a habit thing. I've been playing one day while they for months, perhaps years.
__________________
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 02:55 PM   #5
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,641
That's your connection, that isn't the fault of it being online gaming, dude. When you have a good connection you only get lag if the other person has a ****** connection. Most consoles have ethernet ports or converters, and you'll want your console connected that way for the best connection strength because wireless isn't quite as strong. Not that any console bothers to tell people this.

Anyway I've played Nintendo games online since the DS and Wii, the experience varies depending on the game and what its online functionality offers. I had the most online fun playing Animal crossing new leaf [part of why I'm so butthurt there's no 'crossing U] because it makes the game a shared experience and it's great for roleplay, meanwhile another game I have from what I've heard because I have no interest in trying, only has online connectivity to random people and not your friends. So that will vary depending on what modes the devs wanted to enable online for.

I'm of the opinion that just about any multiplayer game should be both local and online in all modes. There are very few instances where this wouldn't be acceptable. [Because seriously, high school me is still pissed I couldn't make poffins with my online friends and had to give my second DS to my dad or something. That was ********.]

Edit: whoops i didnt realise this was in tmnt i thought it was in the regular gaming section
__________________

me @ u

Last edited by Netkeeper; 05-20-2017 at 03:04 PM.
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 08:07 PM   #6
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Currently in Tokyo, Japan)
Posts: 4,077
I will always prefer playing games offline than online. All games, imo, should have an offline option. At least if your net goes down, you can still play your game.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 04:33 AM   #7
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior
 
Splinter the boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
That's your connection, that isn't the fault of it being online gaming, dude. When you have a good connection you only get lag if the other person has a ****** connection. Most consoles have ethernet ports or converters, and you'll want your console connected that way for the best connection strength because wireless isn't quite as strong. Not that any console bothers to tell people this.

Anyway I've played Nintendo games online since the DS and Wii, the experience varies depending on the game and what its online functionality offers. I had the most online fun playing Animal crossing new leaf [part of why I'm so butthurt there's no 'crossing U] because it makes the game a shared experience and it's great for roleplay, meanwhile another game I have from what I've heard because I have no interest in trying, only has online connectivity to random people and not your friends. So that will vary depending on what modes the devs wanted to enable online for.

I'm of the opinion that just about any multiplayer game should be both local and online in all modes. There are very few instances where this wouldn't be acceptable. [Because seriously, high school me is still pissed I couldn't make poffins with my online friends and had to give my second DS to my dad or something. That was ********.]

Edit: whoops i didnt realise this was in tmnt i thought it was in the regular gaming section
Then that's why, I know i'm not bad. Anyway this thread is in the gaming section.
__________________
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 11:22 AM   #8
The Deadman
Mad Scientist
 
The Deadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
That's your connection, that isn't the fault of it being online gaming, dude. When you have a good connection you only get lag if the other person has a ****** connection. Most consoles have ethernet ports or converters, and you'll want your console connected that way for the best connection strength because wireless isn't quite as strong. Not that any console bothers to tell people this.
Err...online PC gaming can have bad connections as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I will always prefer playing games offline than online. All games, imo, should have an offline option. At least if your net goes down, you can still play your game.
Most games do have an offline option, unless you're playing a game that has multiplayer as the only function.
__________________

Last Movie Watched: TMNT (2007).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 02:46 PM   #9
Coola Yagami
Emperor
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Err...online PC gaming can have bad connections as well.



Most games do have an offline option, unless you're playing a game that has multiplayer as the only function.
Like those Resident Evil games for the PS2. I forgot what the subtitle was, like 'Outbreak' or something. I know they had 2 of them and they were pretty much unplayabale offline mostly because the CPU characters that take the place of would-be-real-people if you're playing offline were useless.
__________________
http://markandpaigerodriguez.blogspot.com/ Our blog on random stuff from TMNT to Batman comics to whatever else hits our mind. Also a member of the Heroes in a Halfact Podcast series.
our video game review Youtube channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/VideoGameMasters09
v=ufYzGoquORs[/url]
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 02:52 PM   #10
FredWolfLeonardo
Stone Warrior
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Fourside
Posts: 931
I mostly play offline and on my laptop but I used to have alot of fun playing Call of Duty 4 online on the ps3 for many years. It felt pretty flawless and lag free for the most part but I think the biggest problem is not lag, but the hackers who have pretty much taken over more than half the servers now of the ps3/360 versions.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 06:23 PM   #11
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior
 
DevilSpooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Portugal
Posts: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Like those Resident Evil games for the PS2. I forgot what the subtitle was, like 'Outbreak' or something. I know they had 2 of them and they were pretty much unplayabale offline mostly because the CPU characters that take the place of would-be-real-people if you're playing offline were useless.
They're not unplayable, I 100% both of them offline, you just ignore the other characters and do everything yourself, perfectly doable and IMO recommended since at least you don't get paired of with someone who doesn't know WTH he's doing and end up killing you in the process.

Anyway, I despise Online play, and only do those for the trophies if they have them, otherwise I just ignore it and refuse to play online only games. That being said I did enjoy Red Dead Redeption online imensly and had a blast playing that, and do co-op games with friends is almost as fun as couch co-op as long as you both have headsets.
__________________
Life at best is bitter sweet
DevilSpooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 05:34 PM   #12
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Err...online PC gaming can have bad connections as well.
This thread isn't about pc it's literally got console in the title

I never said things that didn't apply to pc or even mention it anywhere
__________________

me @ u

Last edited by Netkeeper; 05-22-2017 at 05:35 PM. Reason: ITT: Biggest stretch someone has ever made in attempt to rile me
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:41 PM   #13
dragonside
Hench Mutant
 
dragonside's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 283
i like online gaming, if there's matches.

to make this a little more TMNT related. I'd really like a game where you can create your own mutant or become a ninja etc.

MMORPG - i play ffxiv
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:33 AM   #14
pferreira
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 909
I kind of refuse to play any game online if I can avoid it.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:19 PM   #15
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior
 
Splinter the boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
I kind of refuse to play any game online if I can avoid it.
Is It for the reasons I mentioned?
__________________
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:44 PM   #16
pferreira
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter the boss View Post
Is It for the reasons I mentioned?
It's just because I prefer single player and I hate games that force you to play online. Relies on Internet connection and usually over Steam. I also hate DRM.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:46 PM   #17
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,641
Probably because he only uses the internet on Thursday.
__________________

me @ u
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:48 PM   #18
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior
 
Splinter the boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 685
What? I'm a little lost.
__________________
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:50 PM   #19
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,641
That little **** ninja'd me. I was supposed to post first, it's funny that way.
__________________

me @ u
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:51 PM   #20
pferreira
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
Probably because he only uses the internet on Thursday.
Don't worry, I'll get you banned if you want? Would you like that, give me a great birthday present tomorrow eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter the boss View Post
What? I'm a little lost.
He is trolling like neatoman and a couple of others have been. Don't worry I have notified the mods about them. I'm sure Netkeeper would like to be next.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.