The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 01-30-2010, 01:15 PM   #1
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Official T-Drome "Suggestions for Nickelodeon Cartoon" Thread

For the most part, the title says it all.

The holidays are over and I know that the buy-out got many of us bummed out, but I've also noticed that many fans have become extremely nostalgic and/or productive regarding discussion on these boards.

Between Mirage Studios' statement via Danny B that the Official Site would be turned over to Viacom (thus no updates for quite some time) and Playmates' decision to put any TMNT projects currently in the works on hiatus for at least another year, it really seems that very few goodies are going to be in the works for quite awhile, aside from the guaranteed four remaining issues of Tales and the Sideshow statues. So...

I would like a moderator to sticky this thread, and I would like some productive discussion regarding the sort of cartoon that all of you would like to see from Nick. Please remember that while you don't HAVE to like the '80's TMNT cartoon, old 'toon bashing isn't allowed on these forums (Krang and Shredder's rules, not mine). I would also ask that you don't waste your energy or the energy of your peers throwing out ideas that Nick won't realistically consider.

Ideally, it would be great if Nick sent a representative over to these boards to discuss new cartoon possibilities with us, and if anyone here has those kind of "connections," mention it, by all means. I have a lot of faith in us as a community, and I think it would be more productive if we started discussing the kind of cartoon we'd like to see from Nick rather than just gripe and complain about how it will probably suck.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:09 PM   #2
Scandia
Mad Scientist

- Continue with the 2k3 universe.

- Adapt Archie comic adventures.

Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 05:29 PM   #3
lilmotto
Stone Warrior

Cartoons of today are not like cartoons of yester-year. Keep this is mind! Most cartoons now a days that are fun and goofy have some sort of plot. I would really love to see this new series have a fluid story. That sadly was missing (I believe) from the original TMNT cartoons. Yes there were times when there would be several episodes devoted to one topic, but nothing to the extent of current tv shows. I believe Super Hero Squad sets a nice standard for the new TMNT toon to follow. It is goofy and fun for both young and old. They take tons of characters at their disposal and have fun with them. If this is going to be a comedic show don't forget about it's origin and the universe itself. Tap into the Rat King, Krang, Shredder, Rocksteady, Beebop, and all the others. No not everyone enjoyed the cartoon but you have to admit the goons in the show were fun!
Old 01-30-2010, 07:15 PM   #4
Venom
Space Knight

Super Hero Squad is too kiddy, but that's the demographic of the show. I have to remind myself the new series is going to be CG, and so far the only Nick shows I know of that is CG is goofy ones like Jimmy Neutron, Back at the Barnyard, Penguins of Madagascar. If they insist on staying with CG then I hope they invest the necessary time and money to develop impressive assets that will brink believable action and fluidity to the character's movements and give the Turtle's a nice look.

I've not watched Clone Wars on CN but I've seen plenty previews and the action in that series seems to be pretty top notch and the production quality is superb for a weekly series. The characters are a little pointy, but I suppose that makes producing toys easier?

Anyway, since CG is relatively cheaper to produce than traditional 2D animation then please spend the money and energy to give the show a high quality luster. You make assets once and use them for years, maybe updating textures every couple or so.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 07:25 PM   #5
Kendamu
Sewerhead

If Viacom and Nick want to go the goofy route, I'd like to see something similar to The Brave and the Bold on CN. It would allow the show to be goofy but also sport some really cool action scenes rather than being forced to resort to the slapstick of the middle seasons of the OT.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:08 PM   #6
Will not be censored

Again, is there any way I can get a moderator to sticky this thread?
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:

Old 01-31-2010, 01:53 PM   #7
Koi
Mad Scientist

I would like them to make this a newer version of the 80's cartoon. With great slapstick action scenes.
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:55 PM   #8
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drawsher View Post
I would like them to make this a newer version of the 80's cartoon. With great slapstick action scenes.
I wouldnt mind that. Just a little less goofy than the 80s. I would want a mash of the 2k3 series with the 80s toon. That would be sweet. With quality animation too.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:44 PM   #9
Will not be censored

For the most part (and I'm talking about those who are actually thinking about this realistically) the general consensus seems to be that we'd all be happy with a "hybrid" cartoon containing elements from the '80's and '90's as well as the 2K3 cartoon. I personally wouldn't mind seeing elements from Next Mutation incorporated, even Venus, so long as she was a more elusive character, not the long-lost sister who hangs around the sewer getting hit on by Mikey.
Quote:

Old 01-31-2010, 05:05 PM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

What will be ok with me:

- Old toon characters and villains returning
- Show being more similar in tone to the original series
- 2k3 characters like Hun and Bishop appearing
- Archie and/or Mirage plotlines being adapted

What I do NOT want:

- Slapstick kiddie series. Let's face it, this is going to be CG, which makes us all worried. The original TMNT cartoon always had an adventure/action element to it, even if the plots were silly. That's what kept it a fun watch.

- Do not **** with the origins. Keep things similar to the comics. I don't mind Splinter being Hamato Yoshi rather than his pet rat. I get the feeling Shredder will be human, and not an Utrom too.

- New lame villains. While some new villains are expected, Nick has a backlog of villains from the old toon, Archie, Mirage and 2k3 series to use.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 06:16 PM   #11
Ninjinister
無問題

Respect the multiverse. Mirage and 4Kids spent a lot of time making hints at it, and now it may end up the way of a Travis Touchdown save. I'm not saying have crossovers and such frequent in the new material, just that it play some sort of a role, even just as a Tales #58-style cameo.

Also: make it good.

That's all I ask.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:39 PM   #12
Powder
So tired of this place

They have a bajillion characters at their disposal, they ought to be used. I don't oppose new villains at all, as long as they arent past the uber rediculous boundary, or corny. I never like touch & go, thought they were dumb. Alot of the 0T wannabe villains like the dude who played the keyboard to make people zombies, & the pirate dude after mona lisa... ugh. WACK.

They BETTER use cudley the cowlick. Ya dig?

...Segwaying into the use of the mighty mutanimals

Also, mirage characters.

They really should make a nod to the comic by refering to krang as an utrom rather then a bodiless blob brain thingy.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:29 PM   #13
Venom
Space Knight

But Krang wasn't an Oot. He was merely based on them.

He could be an exiled criminal in the new show though, much like Ch'rell was in 2k3.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:37 PM   #14
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
But Krang wasn't an Oot. He was merely based on them.

He could be an exiled criminal in the new show though, much like Ch'rell was in 2k3.

This is my point.

He was a brain like creature, with only tentacles, eyes and a mouth, yet he wasn't an utrom. He should be.. in the new series. As far as the whole exiled criminal thing goes, that works perfectly fine being that he was exactly that in the OT. It's a perfect blend.

Tell you what though, he better have a good voice.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:47 PM   #15
Venom
Space Knight

Oh yeah! If Pat can't reprise the role then perhaps the new Krang VO could. Except I didn't like the way he burped. He needs to work on his Krang croaks.

Remember when they showed what Krang looked like with the body? I forgot who they were, his lieutenants or something, but they were these giant dinosaur bodied Krang-headed guys.

Man, I gotta get the OT series on DVD!
Old 01-31-2010, 08:55 PM   #16
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Oh yeah! If Pat can't reprise the role then perhaps the new Krang VO could. Except I didn't like the way he burped. He needs to work on his Krang croaks.

Remember when they showed what Krang looked like with the body? I forgot who they were, his lieutenants or something, but they were these giant dinosaur bodied Krang-headed guys.

Man, I gotta get the OT series on DVD!

Personally I think they should use me if pat fraley isnt available. I do a mean krang. No lie.

But yeah I do remember that episode. The 'krang's looked reaalllly weird... I did enjoy seeing various colored versions of him though lmfao some voiced in the style of vernon etc it was a kick.

Old 01-31-2010, 09:04 PM   #17
Will not be censored

Quote:
They were his clones.
Quote:

Old 01-31-2010, 09:09 PM   #18
Kendamu
Sewerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drawsher View Post
Yeah, see... it's that slapstick thing I don't want. All the rest of the goofy jokes and personalities aren't a problem. I would just like to see legitimate exciting action scenes... like The Brave and the Bold.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:26 PM   #19
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Something akin to the quality storytelling found in "Avatar: The Last Airbender" would not go amiss.

Great world building.
Amazing characters.
Solid plots.

Actual character development.
It can be done, Nick. You've done it before!
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:04 AM   #20
odupianist
Mad Scientist

Something similar to Spectacular Spider-man would be pretty cool. I believe they should just start fresh though, combing the 80's, 2k3, and Archie. Definitely needs an overall plot too, a creative, well thought out one though.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2k12, nick