The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-03-2022, 01:06 PM   #141
IMJ
Emperor

Little touch of Iron Heart there in the trailer...
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 02:23 PM   #142
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
They should be ashamed of themselves.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 02:31 PM   #143
AquaParade
Big Boss

I'm interested, which is more than I can say for most recent MCU projects. I think that was a pretty good trailer.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 04:20 PM   #144
CyberCubed
Overlord

Sadly it's nothing about Black Panther, the "real" one anyway. Now it just looks like some African nation movie.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 04:27 PM   #145
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

The Woman King 2.
Old 10-03-2022, 04:50 PM   #146
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Why? If it’s Shuri, it’s canon to the comics.
Old 10-03-2022, 05:31 PM   #147
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Why? If it’s Shuri, it’s canon to the comics.
You mean right after T'Challa was only Black Panther for 5 minutes and then dropped dead? I doubt it.
Old 10-03-2022, 05:56 PM   #148
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I mean, it was a real sh!t situation with Boseman dying. But what would you've had them do?

The trailer was pretty good to me; I'm probably more excited for this than I was for Multiverse of Madness
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 06:33 PM   #149
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I mean, it was a real sh!t situation with Boseman dying. But what would you've had them do?
Recast, of course. Even his brother said that's what he would have wanted. Now Marvel is stunting the legacy of the character he brought to life and buying it in the casket right along with Chadwick.

It's really pretty infuriating.
Old 10-04-2022, 02:23 AM   #150
AquaParade
Big Boss

It's nothing to be ashamed of. It's a sensitive situation. Really no need to point fingers and make accusations, just because you disagree with how they handled it.

They can always have a new T'Challa in the future,
Old 10-04-2022, 09:01 AM   #151
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
It's nothing to be ashamed of. It's a sensitive situation. Really no need to point fingers and make accusations, just because you disagree with how they handled it.

They can always have a new T'Challa in the future,
Naw cause if they could then they'd just do it NOW.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 09:12 AM   #152
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
You think Disney is capable of feeling shame?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 09:49 AM   #153
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Recast, of course. Even his brother said that's what he would have wanted. Now Marvel is stunting the legacy of the character he brought to life and burying it in the casket right along with Chadwick.

Unfortunately, Boseman died without sharing his thoughts on the matter. I can respect that different parties, both trying to honor his life and legacy, have reached different conclusions about how best to do that. Honestly, just a really sh!tty situation. I can't imagine many actors would have been too eager to jump into the role, knowing the scrutiny they'd be under and the endless comparisons to Boseman's portrayal they'd have to face. But it does also suck for us moviegoers, because I don't know how long it'll be now before we see someone cast as T'Challa as the Black Panther again.

When will Marvel be rebooted? Star Wars still never has. Does the MCU have as much staying power as that, to just keep going without having to hit the reset button? I don't want to get into the quality of the Star Wars stuff as that's a whole nother can of worms, but nobody can deny the brand still has a lot of pull (read: profitability).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Naw cause if they could then they'd just do it NOW.
That makes absolutely no sense
Old 10-04-2022, 11:01 AM   #154
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Recast, of course. Even his brother said that's what he would have wanted. Now Marvel is stunting the legacy of the character he brought to life and buying it in the casket right along with Chadwick.

They didn't recast Boseman out of.... you know... respect for the Black Community.

But now they want to recast Hurt as General Ross, possibly using Harrison Ford.

Most likely white people wouldn't be up in arms about the "disregard for a white man" or something like that. It must be because of the white supremacists. Or the misogynists. One of those two for sure.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 11:08 AM   #155
Coola Yagami
Overlord

]
Quote:
Unfortunately, Boseman died without sharing his thoughts on the matter. I can respect that different parties, both trying to honor his life and legacy, have reached different conclusions about how best to do that. Honestly, just a really sh!tty situation. I can't imagine many actors would have been too eager to jump into the role, knowing the scrutiny they'd be under and the endless comparisons to Boseman's portrayal they'd have to face. But it does also suck for us moviegoers, because I don't know how long it'll be now before we see someone cast as T'Challa as the Black Panther again.

When will Marvel be rebooted? Star Wars still never has. Does the MCU have as much staying power as that, to just keep going without having to hit the reset button? I don't want to get into the quality of the Star Wars stuff as that's a whole nother can of worms, but nobody can deny the brand still has a lot of pull (read: profitability).

That makes absolutely no sense

It makes less sense than having the character die after already 'dying' and then coming back after 'the blip'.

Like I know the real world reason, but in-universe that's just bad writing. The show must go on. Or just don't make a sequel.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 10-04-2022, 11:43 AM   #156
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
It makes less sense than having the character die after already 'dying' and then coming back after 'the blip'.

Like I know the real world reason, but in-universe that's just bad writing. The show must go on. Or just don't make a sequel.
I mean, yeah it sucks but sometimes real life is just "bad writing". Sh!t situations happen and we have to make the best of them, and no amount of whining about how things should've gone will do any good. I am curious though as to how they will contextualize T'Challa's death. Obviously it's something that's happened in-universe but I imagine they don't want to make it a huge plot point of the film, more so something that happened before the events of the movie unfold and that the surviving characters are still contending with. Shoot, it might as well just be chalked up to random, unfortunate illness, just like in real life.

But thinking it was even a possibility for a company to just not make a sequel to a billion dollar movie that is a part of a multi-billion dollar franchise is just asinine
Old 10-04-2022, 04:00 PM   #157
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
When will Marvel be rebooted? Star Wars still never has.
It sort of has, once Disney bought Lucasfilm a whole load of the canon EU and other materials became "legends" and removed from being canon. The only things remaining iirc were the films, and the Clone Wars series.
Old 10-04-2022, 05:10 PM   #158
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Right? wtf! Wakanda just got him back and then he died again? I can't even fathom why anyone there would be impressed with T'Challa's legacy because he wasn't allowed to have one. His legacy is that he became king, spent 5 years being blipped and presumed dead, then coming back and dying for real -- wow!
Old 10-04-2022, 05:34 PM   #159
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:

But thinking it was even a possibility for a company to just not make a sequel to a billion dollar movie that is a part of a multi-billion dollar franchise is just asinine
If it was a standalone movie series, yeah, but this is just one cog in the greater MCU. Without T'Challa, they can reserve Wakanda for any other movie that just so happens to take place there for a bit, or give Shuri, Oyoke or M'Baku their own series or such other nonsense.

Quote:
Right? wtf! Wakanda just got him back and then he died again? I can't even fathom why anyone there would be impressed with T'Challa's legacy because he wasn't allowed to have one. His legacy is that he became king, spent 5 years being blipped and presumed dead, then coming back and dying for real -- wow!
Right? Dude was king for like a weekend. It's a shame what happened to Chadwick in real life but the character shouldn't suffer because of it. I mean imagine if anything (god forbid) happened to any of the major players before they wrapped up filming for End Game? And I mean before they filmed all their scenes.

Old 10-04-2022, 07:38 PM   #160
AquaParade
Big Boss

It’s easy for you guys to say “just recast now and film with a new actor” when you didn’t know Chadwick personally. Sure, they had professional relationships but they were obviously friends as well.

It’s a very awkward situation to throw someone else in the role, that soon after such a tragic passing, and expect the entire cast and crew to just go with it.

Losing a young friend to cancer is traumatizing. Try to have some empathy for them and understand that there was no easy choice to be made. Maybe there is more at stake than the script to a comic book movie.

Plus, while many people are dying to play that role, I doubt many were dying to take that role, months after Chadwick died.
If you wait, you probably open your options up tenfold.

So I can see why they made this decision in both a personal and a strategic sense.

William Hurt is not an apt comparison. His death is not as tragic as Chadwick’s, because he was able to live a long, full life. It’s also a much smaller role, which would hardly effect anyone.

Yeah, it gives the character an awkward arc in the MCU, but let’s be real, the blip did that to everyone. Spider-Man went to space and died for five years before learning that with great power comes great responsibility. Oh well.

Last edited by AquaParade; 10-04-2022 at 07:49 PM.