The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 10-25-2017, 03:14 PM   #1
Prowler
Emperor

Weddings

...what are they like usually? I've honestly never attended one in my whole life. I guess it's unusual but hey, small family, no divorces and second marriages in my family and also people around my age(23-27) aren't really getting married yet. So yeah no weddings for me.

I know weddings can change a bit by country and region, but that's OK. Tell me about good and bad weddings you've been to, please Like the food, the music that played and stuff like that. I'm curious.

Yes, I'm bored.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 03:53 PM   #2
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Depending on whether its a religious wedding or not, and what denomination, the actual wedding part is fairly quick. Maybe a half hour to hour. My Catholic ones were longer.

The reception is the party and varies widely according to the bride’s tastes. I’ve seen finger foods and really casual stuff and I’ve seen very formal multi course meals. Usually the music is picked by the couple, so if you know them you’ll have an idea of what music to expect.

My favorite receptions had us all doing the cha cha slide and we were sooooo drunk. Good times.
Old 10-25-2017, 03:56 PM   #3
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
Depending on whether its a religious wedding or not, and what denomination, the actual wedding part is fairly quick. Maybe a half hour to hour. My Catholic ones were longer.

The reception is the party and varies widely according to the bride’s tastes. I’ve seen finger foods and really casual stuff and I’ve seen very formal multi course meals. Usually the music is picked by the couple, so if you know them you’ll have an idea of what music to expect.

My favorite receptions had us all doing the cha cha slide and we were sooooo drunk. Good times.
Yeah non-religious weddings a lot of times have ceremonies, I suppose. My parents didn't marry through the church but they had a ceremony nonetheless. Dunno what it was like, though. I better ask them someday.

I know a woman who's been to weddings all over Europe and says each country basically has its own typical version of what a wedding is.
Old 10-25-2017, 04:01 PM   #4
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Mine was simple. No fancy decorations or invitations or overdone gown. "Church" attire and a wildflower bouquet gathered by my cousin from the pasture. Performed by a retired JOP in my grandmother's front yard and only our moms and a friend of his mom, my grandmother, my uncle and his ex, and their four kids as guests. Cake was a sheet cake from WM. Some punch and family dinner afterwards. That's about it.

In contrast his brother's wedding was big and expensive. We traveled to Alabama and stayed overnight. They had a church and a community room for the afternoon and evening and there were about 60 guests. Her gown and decorations were fancy and they had a pgotographer and band.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 04:20 PM   #5
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

If you have South Asian friends, make sure you have the opportunity to get invited to their weddings.

Trust me you won't regret it
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 04:27 PM   #6
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

The last wedding I went to was a church wedding last year.
A same-sex interracial wedding at that.

The next one will probably be my youngest brother, but that would be next month, at my grandmother's house, over Thanksgiving, provided that they can figure out all the college stuff for it. Apparently they're getting married as a safety net in college? Maybe?
Old 10-25-2017, 04:32 PM   #7
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
If you have South Asian friends, make sure you have the opportunity to get invited to their weddings.

Trust me you won't regret it
Do they serve great food or something?
Old 10-25-2017, 04:46 PM   #8
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Do they serve great food or something?
Yeah, the food is GREAT great.

And there is literally tonnes of it.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 10-25-2017 at 04:54 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 01:56 PM   #9
Prowler
Emperor

That's nice, but I don't know any people from that part of the world, I must say so I guess I'll never know what it feels like.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:18 AM   #10
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Ahh, weddings....
I hate weddings.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m always happy that the people getting married found each other and I wish them the best and all, but at weddings I always end up sitting in the back alone feeling a bit jealous of the couple, and wondering if I’ll ever find that special someone. Not exactly a fun time for me.

But at least there’s cake.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 07:22 AM   #11
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

In my case, even with a boyfriend, it'll take a while. Got other stuff to work on first.

However, my youngest brother is being set to get married on November 6th now, in Huntsville. His fiancee doesn't seem to want her family involved at all, apparently.