The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-04-2017, 09:27 PM   #21
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I know, nowadays it's a fad to hate it, as well, as OT TMNT and 90-s Spider Man, but I think it was a decent show for a time when it was released.
90s Spider-Man also gets shat on a lot but it's also fantastic and gives us a great look at the spider-mythos. Only big character they messed up was Electro, it was just a fun show with a lot of cool things happening in it. Spider-Man not being able to punch never bothered me, I mean it's Spidey not Batman, who cares. I never noticed the censoring of Morbius not being able to bite his victims and the hand suckers were definitely unintentionally creepier.

Probably not as good as X-Men overall but more fun. All the other Marvel shows from the 90s besides maybe Silver Surfer were definitely lacking, and that includes the second seasons of Iron Man and Fantastic Four which get undeserved praise online. I mean they're not horrible shows but they're just alright at their best and generic most of the time.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 09:43 PM   #22
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Spider-Man not being able to punch never bothered me, I mean it's Spidey not Batman, who cares.
I mean Spidy is known for fighting his opponents and it was an action cartoon so lots of people care.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:33 PM   #23
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
90s Spider-Man also gets shat on a lot but it's also fantastic and gives us a great look at the spider-mythos. Only big character they messed up was Electro, it was just a fun show with a lot of cool things happening in it. Spider-Man not being able to punch never bothered me, I mean it's Spidey not Batman, who cares. I never noticed the censoring of Morbius not being able to bite his victims and the hand suckers were definitely unintentionally creepier.

Probably not as good as X-Men overall but more fun. All the other Marvel shows from the 90s besides maybe Silver Surfer were definitely lacking, and that includes the second seasons of Iron Man and Fantastic Four which get undeserved praise online. I mean they're not horrible shows but they're just alright at their best and generic most of the time.
Spider Man 90-s cartoon was my first entry to spider-mythos and idea of long story arcs, where every episode mattered to the plot development.
In many ways, I've learned a lot from it about how to construct story arcs and how to intertwine them.

X-men had something similar, but I have missed a lot of its episodes, so never was able to keep myself up to date on what was going on. Spider Man, however, had several runs on our TV (on different channels and not all seasons have been broadcasted, though), but it least it was always broadcasted in convenient time and it had a relatively good dub, by Russian dub standards, of course.

Until I've read that Spider Man in 90-s cartoon was not allowed to punch enemies, I've never noticed that he never did it.

I also have seen other Marvel cartoons, like Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk and Fantastic Four, but none of them impressed me much. Well, maybe second season of Iron Man, which had a long arc about Mandarin getting back his rings, but that's it.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:11 AM   #24
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I only watched a few episodes of this series during its initial run as a kid. I did see a few more on cable in later years. Now I am watching the whole series and DVD and it's GREAT. The Hollywood Reporter did an interview with some of the cast and crew.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...on-hit-1052263
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:33 AM   #25
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Den of Geek listed the most essential episodes of the TV series.

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/x-men...ntial-episodes
Old 01-09-2018, 03:50 PM   #26
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Sdp, I agree with what you said about the 90s Marvel cartoons. Also, I liked that a lot of Marvel characters such as Iron Man and Daredevil guest starred on Spiderman, The Incredible Hulk, etc, as it was a good introduction to them, years before they appeared in live-action.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 11:41 AM   #27
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

The cast reunited to remember Norm Spencer, the voice of Cyclops.

Old 10-27-2020, 11:34 PM   #28
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
it was just a fun show with a lot of cool things happening in it. Spider-Man not being able to punch never bothered me.
It's funny that I didn't notice until I rewatched it a few times. Like they would get clever with it, a lot of times Spidey would do the pose but something would always prevent him from actually throwing the punch. But due to him always flipping around, webbing guys up and doing that swinging kick, you don't really notice too much. It also helps that while Spider-Man does throw punches in the comics, he's not particularly known for punching in general, just webbing things up and flipping around. Kinda like Wolverine, also not afraid of throwing a punch, but he's more known for slicing **** up with his claws.

Now someone like The Thing for example... it would be hard without letting punch things.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 01:35 AM   #29
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Still my fav series, such a shame about Norm. Good to see the cast.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote