The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 05-04-2016, 02:51 PM   #21
sethmartin
Stone Warrior

I'm fine with the trailers not showing much. However, why keep releasing new trailers if 90% of it is just going to be the same footage re-edited? Why not just have one trailer and be done with it.
Old 05-04-2016, 03:01 PM   #22
graphic_content
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethmartin View Post
I'm fine with the trailers not showing much. However, why keep releasing new trailers if 90% of it is just going to be the same footage re-edited? Why not just have one trailer and be done with it.
i felt the same way with the x-men ones...same scenes re-jigged, over and over. with the same line..."everything they've built will fall..."

lather, rinse, repeat.
Old 05-04-2016, 06:41 PM   #23
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Please please great Cthulhu, I've run out of goats to sacrifice so please let this bomb and end this movie franchise.

The Turtles really don't deserve this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 07:33 PM   #24
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
Its ironic to me that when trailers show too much ppl criticize them for it...

...and when trailers show too little, they also get criticized for it.

its like a no-win situation.

I personally am in the camp that could see an entire movie in trailer form, and if i enjoyed it, will still see it in theaters. Knowing what happens beforehand does not ruin my enjoyment of it on the big screen.

I would love to see even a small sampling of the actual fighting. An action sequence and fight scene are two very different things, which often get interchanged for one another. Thankfully in a recent interview Karai actress, B Ishibashi, stated the actual fighting is gonna be really exciting. I know we've heard that before, but a guy can still hope.
I agree with part of this. The trick is balance. Seeming like you are showing a lot, but showing very little in the process.

However, I hate knowing too much before I see the movie. People purposefully consume every spoiler, every screengrab, trailer, b-roll footage, and spoiler description they can get their hands on, then leave the theater complaining they predicted everything. Movies are made to be watched one way and one way alone.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:21 PM   #25
drawn
New Recruit

I like that the trailers aren't revealing too much. Should make the whole movie experience much more fun.
drawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:31 PM   #26
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawn View Post
I like that the trailers aren't revealing too much. Should make the whole movie experience much more fun.
Make sure to water yourself twice a day and get plenty of sunlight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 09:56 PM   #27
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

*tisk*

Sorry, he's giving me far too much to work with this time. But that's a good thing.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 09:33 AM   #28
graphic_content
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethmartin View Post
I suppose the same can be asked of the X-Men movie. The thing is, at least my theory, is that the studios know us fanboys will watch every single trailer, clip, etc. So the marketing isn't necessarily geared to attract us as much as the person on the street, who wont see ALL the trailers, but will hopefully see one.

I remember talking to my brother in law, who is a super casual fan when it comes to all things Marvel, and when I asked him if he was gonna see Civil War, he said that he had seen a commercial, but never saw a trailer, and by this time 2 trailers, and a bunch of TV Spots had already been released.

Im willing to bet that Nick, and Platinum Dunes are banking not on the long-standing TMNT fanbase, but on the super casuals who vaguely 'remember' it from their childhood. (oh, and Stephen Amell fans)
Old 05-06-2016, 12:05 PM   #29
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

And Megan Fox fans, and Tyler Perry fans, and Transformers film fans, and shutting your brain off fans, and.....
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 12:17 PM   #30
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
And Megan Fox fans, and Tyler Perry fans, and Transformers film fans, and shutting your brain off fans, and.....
Casey Jones fans, Bebop and Rocksteady fans, and Krang fans.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:34 PM   #31
graphic_content
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
real life is hard enough, I personally dont mind shutting my mind off once in a while. TF was mindless fun - a horrible mis-translation of the actual IP - but mindless fun none the less.

it was also sexist, and racist, so I may have to rethink that.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:52 PM   #32
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Admittedly I didn't hate the last Transformers film like others did. I liked the casting better and I thought Optimus Prime had more layers to him this time. It did repeat the same pacing issues that I had with Dark of the Moon but I admittedly liked it better than the other films. Then again, I only saw each of them once. Some say that the first one was the only good one but I don't remember that one at all.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote