The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: So, how do we get this baby Goin'?
I accept cash, checks and TEETH! 7 7.95%
He has no business learning our art. He is... a doofus! 34 38.64%
It's Sushi that delivers itself! 13 14.77%
Thanks, Magical Unicorn... 34 38.64%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #1
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Official Ep Discussion #16 "The Pulverizer"

Well, let's see if a promo vid comes out before Friday... I've seen the picture, and it's left me wanting.

So, we've got masked figures and villains showing up in the news. And everyone loves a good story about criminals getting their a$$es handed to them. And when there's a good story, there's bound to be copycats.

Somewhere, in the dark corners of the Boroughs, there's a (strangely older looking) teenager running around with his boxers on the outside of his pants, listening to a police scanner to track down some adventures. Making up his own theme song, hoping to make a name for himself... and causing more problems than anything else. The Pulverizer looks more like a college age kid that lives in his parents' basement, living on TMNT online communities or something? Maybe the writers are doing a playful jab to us older fans...

This kid's gonna get his hands full in a bad way - between the Purple Dragons and the Foot, AND the Kraang, it's going to be a miracle if he gets back home in one piece. We may as well just call him Roadkill instead of the Pulverizer... It looks like the boys may get stuck trying to help this 'hero' save the city.

I'm sure it's going to be a good show for Mikey fans, since he's always been big into superheroes no matter what universe you're looking at. Heck, Leo may get to pull out some of his Captain Ryan to impress the kid. We'll see what superhero skills 'Captain Underpants' is going to show us.

I dunno... the ideas are running a little low on this one. As long as we don't end up with an Old Toon Zach type kid, we'll see if this ep contributes anything important to the overall storyline.

On a plus side, we'll be seeing Don's latest resto-mod project - The "Shellraiser", a antique subway car, powered by the Kraang Powercell, that the turtles can somehow manage on the streets of New York without cops or traffic to see them. Can't wait to see that vehicle on an episode of "Parking Wars". There won't be any Chip Foose work done on this ride, but seeing the boys trying to drive for the first time should be fun (unless Splinter's kept his driver's license up to date).

So,
IS THE PULVERIZER GOING TO PROVE HIMSELF AS AN ASSET OR A PAIN IN THE A$$... A HERO, OR JUST A HASSLE? FREELANCER, OR FISHFOOD?!?!
IS LEO REALLY GOING TO IGNORE KARAI, OR IS HE JUST SAY THAT TO MAKE THE OTHERS CONTENT?
AND COULD WE POSSIBLY SEE A NOD TO THE TURTLE TITAN?!

Stay Tuned!
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #2
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Hah... @ Star Wars Kid shoutout.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #3
Powder
So tired of this place

Yoooo that was surprisingly dope! I thought for sure this would be a filler episode but it did not disappoint. Plenty of good action. I had also expected this guy to be a great annoyance but he was pretty funny, actually, and though I'm not rooting for it, I wouldn't mind his return at all. I suspect he WILL train and become quite a force to be reckoned with, thus giving him the build that we can see The Newtralizer has... Hmmm~

The Shellraiser... Whoa! That thing is so badass.

A lot of this episode made me think of what the upcoming games will be like. Driving sequences, training, boss battles, etc. Looking forward to those...

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #4
Turtle-X
Foot Soldier

that was a fun episode. Mikey always kills me. especially with stuff like Robo-Carp.
Turtle-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #5
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Yoooo that was surprisingly dope! I thought for sure this would be a filler episode but it did not disappoint. Plenty of good action. I had also expected this guy to be a great annoyance but he was pretty funny, actually, and though I'm not rooting for it, I wouldn't mind his return at all. I suspect he WILL train and become quite a force to be reckoned with, thus giving him the build that we can see The Newtralizer has... Hmmm~

The Shellraiser... Whoa! That thing is so badass.
Agree with you 100% and I too, surprisingly, loved the pulverizer, he made me laugh, lots!
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:50 PM   #6
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Sorry folks, got caught in traffic...
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:53 PM   #7
LH
Leatherhead

Away from home so I couldn't see the episode... But from what I've seen on Twitter, The Kraang have the Power Cell.. Oh, man.. What will Leatherhead say when he finds out?
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #8
Bauer536
Mad Scientist

I must say, I was suspicious. This idea for an episode didn't sound that good. However, after watching it, I had a blast. Gosh! Donnie teaching the Pulverizer was like watching a very unsuccessful version of Po from Kung-Fu Panda. It was actually quite funny.

To make a suggestion to Machias:

The line that Leo says to Fishface is hilarious about "walking sushi." That should go in the polls at the top.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #9
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I liked this episode. It was pretty interesting to see Pulverizer as Donatello's responsibility.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #10
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leatherhead (2012) View Post
Away from home so I couldn't see the episode... But from what I've seen on Twitter, The Kraang have the Power Cell.. Oh, man.. What will Leatherhead say when he finds out?
He probably will launch a full smash-up on a kraang base!
Old 02-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #11
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Hah... @ Star Wars Kid shoutout.
Glad I'm not the only one who thought pulverizer was like the star wars kid when he was training with the Bo staff.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:58 PM   #12
LH
Leatherhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
He probably will launch a full smash-up on a kraang base!
He trusted the turtles with the power cell, and the Kraang got it back.. I just hope he doesn't lose trust in the turtles due to this incident.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:00 PM   #13
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
He trusted the turtles with the power cell, and the Kraang got it back.. I just hope he doesn't lose trust in the turtles due to this incident.
No, as long as he can keep his temper under control, he will probably understand.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #14
LH
Leatherhead

Quote:
No, as long as he can keep his temper under control, he will probably understand.
I sure hope so..
Old 02-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #15
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

This episode was a good example of the story going places. A lot of call backs to other episodes and whatnot.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #16
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
This episode was a good example of the story going places. A lot of call backs to other episodes and whatnot.
2 leather head mentions, 2!!!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #17
LH
Leatherhead

Quote:
2 leather head mentions, 2!!!!!
Really? That's great! Tomorrow morning can't come soon enough!
Old 02-15-2013, 06:04 PM   #18
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Really? That's great! Tomorrow morning can't come soon enough!
I know, it shows that nick didn't forget about him.
Also, no space heroes episode?
Old 02-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #19
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Yay, another Donnie episode!

I thought this episode was really great. I loved all the parts with the Shell Raiser, but I must say, now that we've seen the inside of the Shell Raiser, I'm a bit disappointed that the toy version of the van has a completely empty inside. Oh well. I was hoping to see Shredder and the foot clan, but Fishface was awesome. I was laughing with the turtles when they first saw him. Seeing Leatherhead would've been nice, but at least they mentioned him. Also, did anyone else catch Metalhead's little cameo? The Pulverizer himself was okay, he wasn't as annoying as I thought he'd be. My favorite line was from Mikey "Dudes, we've got a stalker". I'm surprised with how Splinter handled having a human (other than April) in the lair though, he didn't seem to angry or anything. Something that bugged me was when they shot the stink ball at Fishface, and you could see him get knocked down, but how exactly did that defeat him? Since his legs are robotic, surely he could've gotten up. Other than all of that it was a great episode, I can't wait to see Fishface some more, and I'll be watching the repeat at 8:30.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #20
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

When was Leatherhead mentioned?
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nick