The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 05-11-2017, 12:42 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

FBI Director Comey fired by Trump

What do you think about this? Is this the smoking gun everyone has been waiting for to prove the Russian connections/collusions?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:46 PM   #2
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Right after he fires Comey Trump meets with Russians the next day

Seriously he has fired Sally Yates Preet Bharara and Comey all who were investigating Russiagate

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 05-11-2017 at 01:10 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 01:01 PM   #3
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 01:02 PM   #4
snake
Disgusting

Good. No opposition here.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 01:26 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I dunno... I think everyone is jumping way too quickly and blindly on the "See! SEE! The Russians! The Russians!" train. Comey had almost 6 months to find Russian collusion evidence and nothing was found. The "Ooooh, he must have been real close, that's why he was fired!" seems largely nonsensical, or at least wishful thinking with no basis.

I think in reality it's because Trump never felt like Comey was "on his team." He's big about that. He seems to forgive (repeatedly) incompetence as long as he relatively feels like the person is loyal to him.

I believe the real catalyst was last week when Comey said he felt "mildly nauseous" that he may have unwittingly changed the results of the presidential election (i.e., when he was going after Hillary, twice during the campaign, the implication being that this sowed doubt about her into voters and cost her the election). Trump is pretty prideful about the election, as we know. He talks about it constantly. Hell, he's even still campaigning... months after winning. Now, someone like FBI Director Comey (who is already largely disliked by democrats and other high-ups) comes out and says someone other than Trump is owed credit for his election, or even suggests it... this person just painted a big bullseye on their head, if he has anything to say about it. And he does. And he did.
Old 05-11-2017, 01:36 PM   #6
plastroncafe

I think there's a difference between, "Nothing was found," and "Nothing was released/reported to the public."
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 05-11-2017, 01:40 PM   #7
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I think there's a difference between, "Nothing was found," and "Nothing was released/reported to the public."
OK. What would the reasoning/incentive be for the FBI not to release anything pertinent to that end?
Old 05-11-2017, 01:53 PM   #8
plastroncafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
OK. What would the reasoning/incentive be for the FBI not to release anything pertinent to that end?
Ongoing investigation?
This isn't an episode of Law & Order, where we're going to hear "Guilty!" from a judge at the end of the day.
There's a lot to go through, and that should be gone through.

A foreign government interfering in our "free" elections is something that should garner at least as much time and resources as the Benghazi incident.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-11-2017, 02:09 PM   #9
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
A foreign government interfering in our "free" elections is something that should garner at least as much time and resources as the Benghazi incident.
I don't disagree with that at all. I just worry that if/when it comes back with a definitive "No evidence found," people still won't be able to let go of the Russia thing.

Next it might be, "Trump must have put guys in the FBI to cover it up!" or something somesuch.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:21 PM   #10
plastroncafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I don't disagree with that at all. I just worry that if/when it comes back with a definitive "No evidence found," people still won't be able to let go of the Russia thing.

Next it might be, "Trump must have put guys in the FBI to cover it up!" or something somesuch.
So you're worried about something that's already a given?
I mean....buttery emails.
Secret muslin.

At least this never-dying story has some truth to it that even the NSA agrees with.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-11-2017, 03:18 PM   #11
sdp
-

I'm a firm believer that there's a lot of corruption and "3D chess" going on in all intelligence agencies, however I do believe Andrew is right on the money on this one.

Poor guy can't catch a break, he always go negativity from both sides no matter what he did. Hell all the liberals who were saying how awful he was and he should be fired since he colluded with Trump are now saying how evil Trump is. And the majority of Trump supporters have blind loyalty, I really do believe they would defend Trump if he shot someone in broad daylight like he had mentioned. The hiphop-cracy going on on both sides of the political spectrum is beyond awful.

The whole "OMG IMPEACHMENT" thing the "resistance" has been crying since he won is not going to happen, either he is voted out or finishes 8 years but he won't be impeached. The mainstream media has really failed the public and just pander to the liberals which makes Trumps crazy commentary actually have some legitimacy. A shame all around.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:35 PM   #12
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
The whole "OMG IMPEACHMENT" thing the "resistance" has been crying since he won is not going to happen, either he is voted out or finishes 8 years but he won't be impeached. The mainstream media has really failed the public and just pander to the liberals which makes Trumps crazy commentary actually have some legitimacy. A shame all around.
I have to agree. It's an odd sort of unwitting circle jerk, when you step back and look at it. I just kind of sit back, look at it all, look at the people getting fired up and just kind of scratch my head.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:20 AM   #13
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

So despite the numerous times stated that there wasn't any Russian "hacking", still this is being brought up?

Wasn't it the Democrats and Hillary herself complaining about how bad Comey was just a few days before Trump fired Comey?
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote