The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-16-2018, 07:35 PM   #61
sdp
-

I don't know why but they did give me a kids meal vibe to them as well.

But they in no way look like kids meal toys because this is what TMNT kids meal toys look like:

sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:53 PM   #62
DVD
Mad Scientist

No, these aren’t kids club happy meal Toys haha.
I’ve been taking closer looks at the figures and, the more I look at the them, the more I like them.
I’m also fairly confident the paint apps will be pretty much there: they are pretty basic to begin with.
The lair is interesting, and the tank is cool, but I really like the Turtle BatPods : those are really neat.
Looks like they are going all out for a big wave with the new show.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:59 PM   #63
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Maybe it’s the smooth look of the photos that reminds some of kids meal toys. But for me if I had to make any comparison I’d go for the following.

TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 08:39 PM   #64
Ninjinister
無問題

I think - hope - calling a toy that someone feels is unappealing a "Happy Meal toy" is hyperbole. These definitely are still better quality than anything I've ever gotten at McDonald's.

But then you get stuff like f**king Atilla which makes Happy Meal toys look top of the line.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:40 PM   #65
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Just imagine when the paint apps come off.

Not really digging these, but surprisingly I like the giant figures. Might snag a set of those at least, as long as they look decent.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:12 PM   #66
sdp
-

I hope the real toys don't look much worse than that, I still feel burnt over the 2012 toys being downgraded so much when they came out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Maybe it’s the smooth look of the photos that reminds some of kids meal toys.
Yes, that's definitely what it is, because even though I know kids meal toys look nowhere like that it did pop in my head before I even opened the thread.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:39 PM   #67
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
That "mysterious" symbol they originally showed us that has turned up on their belts... Please tell me it isn't actually just the letter "T". >.>

edit: Nah, it's probably a "T" AND a button! A magic button to activate magic Turtle powers.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:00 PM   #68
stormbringer
Foot Soldier

Well,they appear to be cartoon accurate. Not really my cup of tea,but kids will probably like them.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:09 PM   #69
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
That "mysterious" symbol they originally showed us that has turned up on their belts... Please tell me it isn't actually just the letter "T". >.>

edit: Nah, it's probably a "T" AND a button! A magic button to activate magic Turtle powers.
The symbol is everywhere. Included with the role play set. On the vehicle door, wheels and grill. We are seeing the symbol a lot. It has to be related to the story right?

Perhaps it’s meaning is as related to the plot as Superman’s “S.” Kind of a coat of arms thing. Didn’t Martha make the Superman suit with the diamond and ‘S’ design because it was with baby Clark when the Kents found him. I admit I’m rusty with Superman info so hardcore fans don’t hate if I’m mistaken on something.

Maybe Donnie puts the symbol on everything because when Splinter found the baby turtles the symbol was with them on a canister or something?

Side note: License plate says TRTL PWR.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:59 PM   #70
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I really like these figures and designs. It’s just so disappointing the final ones will probably have less detail. If they remained like this Id get all the main characters, tank/truck and lair.

I never got any Nick series figures because of how poor they were.

I too was thinking they might retain accuracy since they’re more simplistic but I’m not trusting playmates.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:20 PM   #71
Garfield
Hench Mutant

I think they look like good toys. I'm not a fan of the designs, but I can separate my disfavor for the designs and if they look like quality toys. People saying these look like Happy Meal quality to them....really? They look much higher in quality than that. They are very bright colourful, the sculpt is well done and seem really accurate to the source material, and there seems to be a nice bit of articulation. Also there seems to be gimmicks and action harken back to previous lines. I don't like a lot of the ideas presented about the new series but these look like fine enough children's toys so far. Actually I think these designs look a little better as toys than they do in the promo art.
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:30 PM   #72
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
I really like these figures and designs. It’s just so disappointing the final ones will probably have less detail. If they remained like this Id get all the main characters, tank/truck and lair.
???
How it's possible?
I mean, the toys on the photo are already quite poor in that regard. If final ones will have even LESS details, they will end up looking like mass of green plastic.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:46 PM   #73
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
???
How it's possible?
Old 02-17-2018, 12:25 AM   #74
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
???
How it's possible?
I mean, the toys on the photo are already quite poor in that regard. If final ones will have even LESS details, they will end up looking like mass of green plastic.
I could see the arm and leg portions of wraps being solid green and the T logo too. Weapons will probably be a solid color too.

Edit Oh and no way the car has all those graphics.

Last edited by Wildcat; 02-17-2018 at 12:44 AM.
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:53 AM   #75
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior

as much trash as the designs and changes is getting and bad reactions to almost everyone on the net, i have to admit, the designs are warming up to me, and the toys are pretty nice! i am curious they mention 3/4.5 inch figures? besides the regular 5inch stuff.

i look forward to the 12inch figures. as i collect that scale. now, the turtle tank? how neat is that thing? wow! i actually love that vehicle! it's pretty wicked. in any case i am looking forward to this show. as i am always optimistic about the tmnt franchise (i love the 2014/2016 movies)

this is gonna be fun. on an unrelated note: i'm still getting a twilight zone feeling over the fact hasbro owns the rights to POWER RANGERS. now i'm really curious about how their version of the megazord will look like!

i ship it.
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 01:19 AM   #76
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by METALHEAD View Post
as much trash as the designs and changes is getting and bad reactions to almost everyone on the net, i have to admit, the designs are warming up to me, and the toys are pretty nice! i am curious they mention 3/4.5 inch figures? besides the regular 5inch stuff.
I'm guessing this means smaller characters like Splinter and not a legit scale line.
Old 02-17-2018, 03:19 AM   #77
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
It's that bad?
I just have never encountered Playmates toys after buying some of their Turtles in the middle of 90-s and they were exceptional when it came to amount of details and sculpting.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 03:22 AM   #78
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

If the price is okay I'll probably end up buying the Turtles to my newest brother, although I might safekeeping them until he's 2 since he'll be 1 in the summer. But if the Rise Turtles pick up where the 2012 prices ended I'll wait, cause that's $20 per Basic figure.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 05:59 AM   #79
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Mike, April and the villains look good, but Splinter and the other 3 TMNT look awful.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 06:11 AM   #80
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
I'll be getting these strictly as a collector. That lair actually doesn't look half bad

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote