The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #21
Dirty Blond
Stone Warrior

This is a stretch answer, but I'd like to see another version of wisecracking Raphael.
Dirty Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #22
Cipher
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
And others who hadn't appeared in a long time like Slash and Rahzar. Thank god Nick is bringing back some older characters.
Turtles Forever.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #23
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Algernon, an alien lizard who appeared in one episode of the original series episode called "Beyond the Donatello Nebula" Donatello would call him Algie.

Last edited by TigerClaw; 12-23-2013 at 06:26 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot Soldier Clang View Post
I'm kind of hoping that maybe we'll see a new Alpha One, Rex-1, or Bug Man. Those guys aside, I really dig the villains from the Red Sky era of the OT and I surprised they weren't used in some other capacity somewhere in TMNT fiction.
Alpha-One is way too obscure and only works with robot Foot.

Rex-1 and Bugman didn't get toys so they lack exposure. One of the reasons so many OT characters were memorable was by their toys. The ones who didn't get figures like Tempestra, Shreeka, Bugman, etc. are the ones people tend to forget.

No idea why Playmates wasted figures on garbage animal characters like Monty Moose and Halfcourt rather than making characters who actually appeared in the show.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #25
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
The Channel 6 News Crew; though with Vernon appearing in the new movie and Irma appearing as a passing reference on Nick, Burne is the only one who just appeared on the OT.
Didn't Burne appear in the Archie series?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:25 PM   #26
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Didn't Burne appear in the Archie series?
In the episode adaptations, but outside of that, nope.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:47 PM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

I really don't see any of the 4kids characters being used again outside of Hun, Angel and probably Bishop.

I'm sure all the Fast Forward characters will remain obscure and never used again, regardless of their potential. Also doubt we'll be seeing the likes of Draco, Ultimate Ninja, Touch and Go, Garbageman, Quarry or the like. Although the 4kids series didn't really create that many new characters since most of them were Mirage in origin, outside of the ones I just mentioned.

I'm not sure about Ch'rell though. I can see IDW introducing him at some point.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:12 AM   #28
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I really don't see any of the 4kids characters being used again outside of Hun, Angel and probably Bishop.

I'm sure all the Fast Forward characters will remain obscure and never used again, regardless of their potential. Also doubt we'll be seeing the likes of Draco, Ultimate Ninja, Touch and Go, Garbageman, Quarry or the like. Although the 4kids series didn't really create that many new characters since most of them were Mirage in origin, outside of the ones I just mentioned.

I'm not sure about Ch'rell though. I can see IDW introducing him at some point.
Its weird, you think Touch and Go would get another shot at the spot light? They are just hired muscle after all. And while they have a very exploitable weakness have proven to be quite the challenged.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:56 AM   #29
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

I'm going to go with Savanti and Titanus.
Both time lords and both have a lot of potential.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #30
CyberCubed
Overlord

Savanti was in 4kids though.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #31
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

The Punk Frogs, an underdeveloped great concept that should resurface. A fun set of characters I have always enjoyed.

Agent Bishop, a government operative who sees his acts of evil as for the better of mankind. An interesting character that would work well in IDW.

Armaggon,the Futue Shark. Vicious and visually coolm It would be nice to see him beyond three stories of one version. He has a lot of potential and is in need of attention.

Big Louie,a Godfather type that I think could work in a more serious tone even Mirage. A seriously underappreciated and underrated character that can play havoc with the New York City Underworld.

I also second the wisecracking sarcasm of Raphael. Its one half of who he is along with the hotheaded nature. The two traits can work well together.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #32
Xav
Foot Elite

Isn't Nick Raphael already sort of wisecracking?
Old 12-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #33
Foot Soldier Clang
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Alpha-One is way too obscure and only works with robot Foot.

Rex-1 and Bugman didn't get toys so they lack exposure. One of the reasons so many OT characters were memorable was by their toys. The ones who didn't get figures like Tempestra, Shreeka, Bugman, etc. are the ones people tend to forget.

No idea why Playmates wasted figures on garbage animal characters like Monty Moose and Halfcourt rather than making characters who actually appeared in the show.
Tempestra, Shreeka, and I guess Medusa would be fun to bring back. And I wish there were figures of all of these characters instead of the random mutants that we got. Certainly some of the toy-only characters could be remade into actual characters because of their cool designs. I know Wyrm and Scum Bug already exist in the comics, but what about Scale Tail? His design is so full of personality it's almost a waste he wasn't used elsewhere.
Old 12-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #34
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

I'm going to be the big dissenter here but...

I'd rather see them develop some new characters then mine some obscure characters from some old comic book. Plus they risk 'mutant overload' by continuously dropping all of these bottom tier characters that most casual people haven't heard of, many of which aren't too special aside from a simple shtick and some cool-for-5-minutes animal form.

The reason why I say this is that I am mostly an outsider when it comes to this stuff, mainly a purveyor of the first two TMNT movies and the Nick and OT cartoons. And as an outsider, to me all of these other mutants look the same and take away the specialness of the Turtles. It's one thing when they have some of their arch-enemies' grunts be mutants, as the mutating is still rare and unique. But when you have all of these mutant guys come in, it starts making mutation look trite and commonplace, adding some 'X-based' mutant just because. When I see all of those mutants, I think, "What's so special about them? They look pretty much the same, just differing slightly in their genetic mutation and their one 'gee wow' factor."
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #35
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot Soldier Clang View Post
I know Wyrm and Scum Bug already exist in the comics, but what about Scale Tail? His design is so full of personality it's almost a waste he wasn't used elsewhere.
Scale Tail actually did appear in the game Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3 Radical Rescue.
Old 12-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #36
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Savanti was in 4kids though.
But it like most of the 4kids series was just watered down versions of Mirage comics.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 10:45 PM   #37
Pterobat
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
But it like most of the 4kids series was just watered down versions of Mirage comics.
But what else would you get from a re-use of Savanti outside of the Mirage comics than a "watered-down" version of the original guy?

I guess the question is if people want a reappearance to be the same, or to how much a degree it should be tweaked.

My knee-jerk response is that it's better to create a new character, unless the old one is a franchise staple or fills a specific niche. It is always possible to recapture what made us love a character before, but there's also the risk of the franchise becoming stagnant. So, more new blood, I say.

When it comes to mutants, I don't care about the broader idea of more mutants. As long as they are interesting characters without too much species overlap/redundancy.

http://pterobat.tumblr.com
Pterobat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:22 AM   #38
Gin Rummy
Stone Warrior

Null from the Adventures comic was awesome. He would make for a pretty cool villain in the Nick series IMO. It's a shame that the Adventures comic has been totally left out of the new series.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:29 PM   #39
DarthEmpress
Thug

Tempestra, Pimiko, Shadow Jones, Mona Lisa, Radical, Complete Carnage, Traximus, Glurin...there's probably a lot more, but I really wish we'd see Shadow in something other than the comics. I like seeing her growing up with the turtles as her uncles.
DarthEmpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 06:52 PM   #40
Cipher
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthEmpress View Post
Tempestra, Pimiko, Shadow Jones, Mona Lisa, Radical, Complete Carnage, Traximus, Glurin...there's probably a lot more, but I really wish we'd see Shadow in something other than the comics. I like seeing her growing up with the turtles as her uncles.
Glurin, man!

F*cking Glurin. Every time a series needs a named, friendly Utrom, it ought to be him.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters