The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 01-10-2018, 03:24 AM   #1
Turo602
The King of Kings

Games in Your Backlog

I'm sure we're all pretty busy with our lives, and for one reason or another, we can't always play all the games we buy or are interested in. I know I have tons of games I'd still like to play and probably won't for a long time. So I was just curious, what games are in your backlog? When do you think you'll get to them? And how long have you been putting them off? Feel free to elaborate as much as you'd like.

Personally, I have a pretty huge backlog of games, so I'm not going to list all of them. Just the major ones that I'd like to prioritize and play already.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - The last AC game I played was AC III in 2013 and I didn't want to move forward without having played Liberation first, which I got pretty recently. So that's definitely going to be a priority for me this year.
Batman: Arkham Knight - Been really itching to play this one but just haven't gotten to it. And with the Return to Arkham Collection having been released, I figured I'd play through those first and work my way up to Arkham Knight. I'm currently on Arkham City, so I'll definitely knock this one out soon.
Bioshock
Dead Space 3 -
Started this one with my brother a few months back and had a hard enough time trying to find time to play with him due to our conflicting schedules, only to run into a game breaking bug in Chapter 6 or so. We had backtracked to do a side mission only to return and find ourselves locked out of the main path. Haven't touched it since. Really wish I knew of this bug before going in.
Devil May Cry 4
Doom (2016)
Far Cry 3
God of War -
The only reason I got into this series was because I wanted to play God of War 3 after having played the demo. So I decided to work my way up the series and played the 2 PSP Prequel Remasters, and halfway into the first one, my PS3 stops reading discs. Haven't gotten it fixed since, and that must have been sometime in 2014 or 15.
Grand Theft Auto V - I consider myself a big GTA fan, though ironically, the only game I've ever completed from start to finish was GTA IV and its DLCs. Having never owned the previous entries until I was much older, I never really got to play them from start to finish. I attempted GTA III a couple of years back, but it was horribly dated. And with GTA V looking like a massive undertaking, I just haven't gotten around to it. However, I'd also like to use this as an opportunity to go back and play Vice City and San Andreas first. Hopefully they're nowhere near as dated as GTA III.
Kid Icarus: Uprising
The Last of Us
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker -
Same story as with God of War. The Ground Zeroes trailer got me interested in the series, so I played through The Twin Snakes on Gamecube, and eventually got the HD Collection and later The Legacy Collection on PS3 and completed both MGS 2 and 3. Never got the chance to play Peace Walker, MGS 4, or Revengeance.
Metroid Prime
Ori and the Blind Forest
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
Titanfall 2
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Watchdogs
Old 01-10-2018, 11:54 AM   #2
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Pretty much all of my ps3 games which I stopped playing regularly a few years ago

They are:
1. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
2. Call of Duty: World at War
3. Playstation All Stars: Battle Royale
4. God of War 3
5. Sonic Unleashed
6. LittleBigPlanet

I still pop in any one of them from time to time, but ever since 2015, the ps3 has mostly become a family DVD player and I'd rather play a Demo due to it just being easier and more convenient, and since I've lost alot of interest in video games for quite a while.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 12:55 PM   #3
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - The last AC game I played was AC III in 2013 and I didn't want to move forward without having played Liberation first, which I got pretty recently. So that's definitely going to be a priority for me this year.
I don't even think of this as an Assassin's Creed game; I think of it as Pirate Simulator 2000. A favorite game of mine.
Quote:
Batman: Arkham Knight - Been really itching to play this one but just haven't gotten to it. And with the Return to Arkham Collection having been released, I figured I'd play through those first and work my way up to Arkham Knight. I'm currently on Arkham City, so I'll definitely knock this one out soon.
This is the only one in the series I haven't played yet, I'm looking forward to it

Quote:
Bioshock

The first one or any of them? I played Bioshock: Infinite and the DLC; it was a lot of fun but I don't know how often I'd go back to replay it
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 01:17 PM   #4
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

System Shock 2 (PC)
Dragon's Crown (PS3)
Code of Princess (3DS)
2064: Read Only Memories (PC)
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (3DS)
Etrian Mystery Dungeon (3DS)
Ultra Street Fighter IV (PS3)
Street Fighter V (PS4)
Technobabylon (PC)
Super Street Fighter IV (3DS)
Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (PS4)
Resident Evil 5 (PS4)
Deus Ex (PC)
Brave Dungeon (3DS)
Toonstruck (PC)
Super Back to the Future Part II (SNES)
Metroid Fusion (GBA)
Aliens vs. Predator 2000 (PC)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
Bloodrayne 1 and 2 (PC)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)
Bayonetta (PS3)
KOTOR 1 and 2 (PC)
The Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii)
Syberia (PC)
Tomb Raider (PS4)

And whatever else I've bought from GOG that I've forgotten about. I really enjoy cyberpunk RPGs with a dash of FPS/action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 01:20 PM   #5
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Off the top of my head, Phantasy Star IV, River City Ransom and Final Fantasy VI for the Wii Virtual Console.

Started playing them a few years ago but lost interest in them in 2016 and haven’t got around to finishing them yet. I probably will go back and finish them sometime.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:33 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

None. I don't start a new game until I finish whatever I'm playing, not sure why more people don't do that. I also replay old games constantly, so I always have something I can go back to if I don't have anything new.

I really don't see what's so hard about this. Unless you're constantly playing long 100+ hour RPG's, most single player games these days clock out around 15-20 hours. You can be done with games that length in a week if you play a little bit each day.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:37 PM   #7
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I've been stuck on Arkham Knight for over a year now. I blew through Arkham Asylum and Arkham City... but something about Knight just makes me lose interest quick. Maybe it's the 1,000 missions all requiring the Batmobile that suck all the joy out of everything.

Quote:
Grand Theft Auto V - I consider myself a big GTA fan, though ironically, the only game I've ever completed from start to finish was GTA IV and its DLCs. Having never owned the previous entries until I was much older, I never really got to play them from start to finish. I attempted GTA III a couple of years back, but it was horribly dated. And with GTA V looking like a massive undertaking, I just haven't gotten around to it. However, I'd also like to use this as an opportunity to go back and play Vice City and San Andreas first. Hopefully they're nowhere near as dated as GTA III.
I've been slowly getting through GTA V for a while now. Awesome game. So, so much fun. Way better than IV (though IV was nice, too!), which I beat.

Recently I bought the "GTA Trilogy" on PS4 which includes III, Vice City, and San Andreas, looking to finally finish those games up. Yikes! I wasn't prepared for how dated they suddenly seem. Almost unplayable by comparison to IV or V.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:50 PM   #8
Prowler
Emperor

Too many to count, therefore I wont' evne mention a lot of games I have in my Steam library.

A Link between Worlds
Pokémon Sun
Skyrim
Arkham games

These are the ones from the top of my head atm that I really want to make some time to play.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 04:00 PM   #9
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
The first one or any of them? I played Bioshock: Infinite and the DLC; it was a lot of fun but I don't know how often I'd go back to replay it
The series in general. I've always been kind of intrigued by the first game, but I think Infinite is what really drew me in. I have the collection on Xbox One, so it's definitely something I'd like to get to soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Recently I bought the "GTA Trilogy" on PS4 which includes III, Vice City, and San Andreas, looking to finally finish those games up. Yikes! I wasn't prepared for how dated they suddenly seem. Almost unplayable by comparison to IV or V.
Oh yeah. When I tried getting back into III, I didn't expect it to be so dated. Aiming at enemies felt like a nightmare, especially when you're dealing with more than one. The camera was just completely off and you can't really see who you're shooting and who is shooting you. I don't think the game even had a map, so that was definitely weird too. I sure do hope Vice City and San Andreas aren't nearly as bad.

Last edited by Turo602; 01-10-2018 at 04:48 PM.
Turo602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:51 PM   #10
Storm Eagle
Saved by

I still want to finish Metroid: Other M.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:03 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

The PS2 is like 18 years old now, of course most of its games have aged.

Only a few really remain timeless as long as you buy the HD remasters like Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3, etc.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:58 PM   #12
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
I still want to finish Metroid: Other M.
It's worth it...if you can see the storyline as an alternate universe or something. I always thought the gameplay was well-done, at least. And there are some nice surprises at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:43 AM   #13
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Too many to count. Most of the time I buy it, play it to make sure it works, then put it away. I really gotta get back into it.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 04:28 PM   #14
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Too many to mention

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:43 PM   #15
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I have Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Battle Chasers: Nightwar, and then Superhot ready to go, in that order. I've had Xenoblade 2 for a while but I'm playing Assassin's Creed Origins first to see if Xenoblade gets some updates in the mean time. I haven't heard it runs AWFULLY or anything, but I feel like games like that can benefit from an update or two before playing.