The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-18-2018, 10:01 PM   #41
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Oh my, my dear poor leftie friend, how low you think of me...I am finding it very funny. I almost want you to make even more wild accusation about me, just to have fun at your expense.

And no, I wouldn't go on a tirade since in original comic book Baxter was black.
Does it answer your question?
Your passive agressive rebutal doesnt hide your hipocrisy we both know if hypothetically speaking they made Shredder into a white guy because "they dont want to seen as being racist because they have in asian man as a villian" you would complain like there was no tommorow.Youre the same guy who complained about black april or Landos sexuality in the new Star Wars movie
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:48 PM   #42
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Your passive agressive rebutal doesnt hide your hipocrisy we both know if hypothetically speaking they made Shredder into a white guy because "they dont want to seen as being racist because they have in asian man as a villian" you would complain like there was no tommorow.Youre the same guy who complained about black april or Landos sexuality in the new Star Wars movie
Whatever. Like a typical zealot you have stuck with some hilarious faulty preconceived notions and trying to project them on me. Be my guest, then. But in PM, please.
No need to derail this thread even further, just so you can validate your believes and vent your anger using other posters.

Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:52 PM   #43
Vegita-San
Emperor

uhm... they did make shredder into a white guy...and the entire INTERNET rightfully complained about it, and it got changed back to the way he was supposed to be... not sure the point being made there.

anyway....

I can't understand why companies think that shows like this are 'respecting' the older franchises that they are based on. cheap animation. probably bad attempts at jokes, if that tv bit is any indication. and it'll be such an odd mix that I don't think anything will land right. and if that is the new theme song shown at the end of the video? my god, the end of it grates my ears.

it's like thundercats on an acid trip.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:09 AM   #44
Shark_Blade
Emperor

This looks like garbage I dislike the Steve Universe fat style/look.

I love the 2011 series but of course toy sales politic ended up killing it.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:53 AM   #45
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Whatever. Like a typical zealot you have stuck with some hilarious faulty preconceived notions and trying to project them on me. Be my guest, then. But in PM, please.
No need to derail this thread even further, just so you can validate your believes and vent your anger using other posters.

Not really projection when you do the metioned crap in every other thread but please continue to act dumb and pretend to act mature because god knows you will never act like an actual adult
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 04:26 AM   #46
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I love both the 80's series and the 2011 series but this is just insulting that it even exists.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 04:36 AM   #47
newfan
Mad Scientist

I'm stuck with the 80s Thundercats theme in my head now. I never saw the newer one but used to like watching the older one as a child. I guess they just didn't want to do a similar thing a third time and they think this will appeal to kids, it might but yeah it's not something I find appealing either.

Last edited by newfan; 05-19-2018 at 04:51 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 05:24 AM   #48
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
is it someones mission to take everything we love about the 80s and totally frig it up?

If I had the storyboards, and the original voices on board, and maybe even an original writer.. I'd attempt to make a NEW Turtles episode, taking place after Divide and Conquer just to s how you CAN respect what has come before and STILL make it cool.

but that would be alot of perfect storms to come together to make that happen. sigh.
In the future, I think fans will be able to create own episodes more easy. If voice actors are missing, go for subtitles!
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:42 PM   #49
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
I can't understand why companies think that shows like this are 'respecting' the older franchises that they are based on. cheap animation.
Me too. Was a bit floored when that guy made that claim. Just like we've heard over TMNT now both on the last films and 'Rise'. It seems to be the go-to thing to claim now and is starting to mean absolutely nothing. ...or it simply means the opposite and is an attempt to TELL people to like/accept their decisions. If we tell you it's respecting it then you'll believe us, right? The viewer is that dumb, right?

Spoiler:
If people pull that line much more it will easily become meme material. The irony/respect meme.

It's all about respecting it.

I respect your awesome past decorating decisions so I decided to paint your walls a hideous color!

There is no way you can legitimately claim that something that 99% does not resemble a thing is actually trying to respect said thing. If it's a completely whacked out idea that you know damn well does zero to "respect" the original, than at least own that fact and openly state that it's some whacked out crazyland series only very loosely based on it and probably exists as what it is simply because "it's never been done." Well, aside from the fact that almost everyone else seems to be doing it now. Really, just own it for what it is, don't try to tell viewers a reboot is something it's not.

Buuuut... maybe that means it will also grow old in the not too distant future and some cartoons can get back to being epic.

Spoiler:
That copy/past design should also become a meme...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 03:58 PM   #50
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Honestly, this direction makes a lot of sense in trying to revive the cheese fest that is ThunderCats. The 2011 revival had a fantastic season, an amazing toyline that had both 3 3/4 and 6 inch scale figures and a not so amazing Classics line. And no one cared about it, the show died real fast.

So of course looking at current Cartoon Network shows and emulating them is the way to go.

Most of the whiners didn't give a rat's ass about ThunderCats until the reveal of Roar "ruined" the good name of ThunderCats
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 04:24 PM   #51
Vegita-San
Emperor

'fantastic revival'

wrong characterizations. boring magical battles. stupid love triangle.
lots of modern tropes.

the original series was a fun action adventure based on the survival of space immigrants, the last of their species. just the fact that it tried to be moral doesn't make it cheesy.

Old 05-19-2018, 05:32 PM   #52
sdp
Megan Fox = April

If you hate this take on the franchise I suggest you watch this video, now I hate youtube celebrities and Pixeldan always shills for everything but I couldn't agree more with what he says.

Most online nerds and casual fans that just follow the sites on social media but will never actually watch or be the intended target audience love to criticize but if it's what kids like then it's a kids property it should target to them. We haven't seen anything and Thundercats already had a failed serious revival not to mention fans weren't enough to save two different classic Thundercats toyline either.

sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 06:02 PM   #53
Vegita-San
Emperor

just looking at the arguments, people arn't buying the 'if it's for kids' and 'good things for the franchise' argument.

Good on them. People are learning.

Kids deserve better. the sense of fun in cartoons is all gone now. it's so corporate and mandated by committee and survey teams...it's sad.

Old 05-19-2018, 06:48 PM   #54
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
just looking at the arguments, people arn't buying the 'if it's for kids' and 'good things for the franchise' argument.

Kids deserve better. the sense of fun in cartoons is all gone now. it's so corporate and mandated by committee and survey teams...it's sad.
You're a 40 year old man, this isn't for you. A 6-8 year old kid watching this on CN won't give a damn about what it's "supposed to be."
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 07:59 PM   #55
sdp
Megan Fox = April

People are learning? Neckbeards and casual fans have always complained about reboots on social media even if the casuals would never even check the show out if it was "all they would ever want in a show" and the hardcore fan is irrelevant to the market when it comes to mass appeal.

Kids deserve better? Kids deserve their cartoons, I sure as hell didn't want 80s style cartoon in the 90s and watched all the crappy XTREEEEME shows because they're awesome. I understand they're not awesome to everyone but I don't care. Same logic applies here.

Corporate and committees have always been in the show making process even your most loved 80s or 90s franchises were the product of business men who had no idea what they wanted and just wanted money. It's the creators who sparkled imagination into the shows that made them click with kids in a whole different level that created the fandoms that we all belong to know. Those people still exist.

As I grow older, even as a fan of animation, the less I'm interested in checking cartoons aimed for kids. Even if they might be better written than other shows I love, I'm still just not interested. This is what happens to most people in their teens, hell it happened to me too but I was able to get back into animation later. I find the current generation of cartoons to look so dull and uninteresting but I trust PApagreg's opinion who seems to have a rather unbiased look to them. I remember being in his shoes a decade ago telling people the 00's just had better cartoons than the 90s even if I preferred 90s show. If this generation likes those crappy shows today now then awesome.

I still love animation and will always check out most reboots to franchises I like and for new stuff it does take a lot to convince me to get into more stuff than I already am but if I do and I like it then awesome, I have nothing against it. I just realize most of the stuff nowadays is just not for me, I think I realized that with Adventure Time.

Quote:

Old 05-19-2018, 08:27 PM   #56
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Not really projection when you do the metioned crap in every other thread but please continue to act dumb and pretend to act mature because god knows you will never act like an actual adult
Of course, because derailing thread and starting provocation is a very mature of you. Good going!
I wonder do people like you know what irony is?

Last edited by Sumac; 05-19-2018 at 11:22 PM.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 08:59 PM   #57
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Here is the teaser of the 2011 show, so much HYPE. Sadly it was cancelled.

The show can revive interest in a Thundercats movie, remember this well done fan trailer?

Let the new show be its own thing,

The art style is horrendous in this new show but the interview behind the scenes looks promising, I'll give it a chance, the writing could be good and it'd be the best thing to happen to Thundercats since the 2011 reboot. It didn't seem like the show was going to get anything else. I think it can only be beneficial and one day we can get a new "serious" take like the 2011 show. The 80s show despite all its flaws did so much world building that I'd love to see a modern interpretation. I can wait before judging this comedy take on the franchise, if this show is fun to watch like Teen Titans Go, I'll appreciate that it revived interest in the IP.
Old 05-19-2018, 09:09 PM   #58
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Here is the teaser of the 2011 show, so much HYPE. Sadly it was cancelled.
Shame and surprising that didn't last. Not appealing to me personally as I don't care for the anime feel, but considering anime is so popular you'd think it would have done better.

All I have to say with this overdone art style they're using now... I hate to see how badly this stuff ages. The 80s may not have aged well, but this stuff someday is just going to look like a pointless sugar high and little more.

Who knows... maybe this generation of kids this stuff is being rebooted to try to appeal to (instead of giving them NEW crap in that art style instead) will one day grow up and reboot it themselves in a more serious tone like they never got. (Because lord knows what's wrong with this current adult age group doing these crackhead reboots.)

Cartoons like this are so ridiculously hyper now though... All the old Nicktoons from back in the day, like Rugrats, seem so slow in comparison. Pretty crazy. Is it really such a great idea to put so much hyper nonsense in front of kids and encourage that... Eesh.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-19-2018 at 09:21 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 09:27 PM   #59
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Action shows have been dead this whole decade, they surely have to come back next decade right? Netflix has been trying but the writing is awful on them: safe, predictable and reeks of the worst of the 80s and 90s cartoons

One thing I liked is they mentioned the Thundercats opening was stuff of legends and all shows should have an awesome intro, so let's hope so. The 2011 show had a decent remake of the original shows intro, here are both of the previous ones:

hahaha /co/ is going insane over this
Old 05-19-2018, 10:44 PM   #60
Vegita-San
Emperor

they supposedly showed the intro, either some, or all of it, in that opening 2 minute clip. where the guy apparently so happy working on thundercats looked like he couldn't muster enough enthusiasm to smile IIRC.

People can recognize crap. kids and adults alike. this looks like crap.

Teen titans go seems like it was an inventive idea that was having fun with the universe that show created. it FIT that universe and show.

remember when the muppets tried to imitate the office? even the people doing the show didn't believe in it and it failed miserably.

not everything will fit everything else. and sometimes a bad idea WILL kill a property and it will sit for decades.

remember that god awful 90s anime he-man reboot? no? not surprised.
thanks to that, it took a long while before we got a GOOD reboot.

>>It's the creators who sparkled imagination into the shows that made them click with kids in a whole different level that created the fandoms that we all belong to know. Those people still exist.>>>

yes. but, I do not see any of that involved HERE.
Turtles 2K12 got so far away from turtles stuff, as to practically be it's own thing imho. very lack luster and forgettable, no real magic at all for me. This new turtle series looks like it's such an assault on the eyes that it won't last more than two seasons, tops. and the creators of that show don't look happy at all in the few things i've seen them in. same goes for this short clip of this series.

kids are starting to gravitate AWAY from action figures and tv shows and tv in general. they are finding their entertainment elsewhere. hell, some of the most popular stuff on youtube now are people playing video games and commenting on them.

If hollywood doesn't figure out that people don't like their products, they won't be around for the next generation. things just don't catch on like they used to, and I Think that is bad. it means that nothing is imaginative anymore to spark the creative fire.