The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 09-04-2017, 10:42 PM   #41
CyberCubed
Overlord

For the last time, Turtles Forever does not have to take place after "Red Sky" or whatever that means. Just because those were the last seasons and Turtles Forever came out 15 years later doesn't mean that's where it has to go. I have no idea why people have this thing where they think just because something airs in real life in a certain order that that's how it is in-universe. Turtles Forever is clearly set during the earlier parts of the original cartoon's timeline.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 11:35 PM   #42
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

While I am not opposed to TF taking place after season 10, it doesnt have to be after that time and taking place in the middle seasons is acceptable.

I've tried to search the movie for clues as to when it could possibly take place at the earliest and have arrived at the conclusion that it has to during season 3 at the very bare minimum, because:

1. The Nose Nose from the season 3 episode "Beware the Lotus" makes an appearance.
2. The turtles are more comfortable with being in public which wasn't the case at first unless they were in the middle of a fight.
3. Bebop and Rocksteady are Shredder's main henchmen which happened in Mid Season 2
4. Shredder and Krang have a more mutual relationship, whereas Shredder was more subservient to Krang in the first two seasons.
5. Irma makes a cameo in the movie, and she first appeared in the show in season 2.
6. The 80s turtles lair in the movie has the iconic look it had in season 3 as opposed to the generic and inconsistent look it had in the first two seasons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 12:29 AM   #43
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
For the last time, Turtles Forever does not have to take place after "Red Sky" or whatever that means. Just because those were the last seasons and Turtles Forever came out 15 years later doesn't mean that's where it has to go. I have no idea why people have this thing where they think just because something airs in real life in a certain order that that's how it is in-universe. Turtles Forever is clearly set during the earlier parts of the original cartoon's timeline.
The problem with TF is that after it, Technodrome ends up being different from what it was in the OT.
Hence the obvious problem, that it can not be in the early parts of the series, because there - Technodrome is still the same as always.

In the end: it's obvious that creators of TF didn't care about canon of old series. So, all our theories are just theories.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 12:40 AM   #44
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
In the end: it's obvious that creators of TF didn't care about canon of old series.
Same could be said about the Nick version and their little crossover.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 03:20 AM   #45
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Probably even more so.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 03:24 AM   #46
ToTheNines
[sic]

Yeah, people cut the Nick crossover a lot of slack because it had the original voice cast. Truth is, it's even more disrespectful to the OT characters and ignorant of the mythology.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 06:38 AM   #47
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
I never counted it as part of the old series. The same as with TF.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 01:31 PM   #48
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
I wonder if the writers know the series by heart as much as many of us here do...
No they didn't, that's why the FW TMNT were written like complete idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
In Doctor Who there's at least three

AND they acknowledged it in-show.
You sir win this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
but if they didn't care if episodes were in blatant contradiction and could be watched in almost any random order, there might as well not even be a canon in the first place.
Erm so you didn't notice Season 1, recurring characters, a Turtleoids two parter in Season 5 as well as a third part finale for Season 3?

Quote:
Isn't Doctor Who's inconsistancies explained as the timeline being in constant flux? Like how Earth can be invaded by aliens all the time yet it's never documented because it's the result of time travel?
Nope. New Series Doctor Who continuity is whatever they want it to be. It's been changed with RTD to Moffat to Chibnall. That's why they now have continuity resets whenever a new script editor takes over the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Actually I take that back a bit, its not the lack of belief in a show having a canon, its the complete disregarding of an entire show possibly having a canon because it does not work like the real world. If thats not taking something too seriously for petty reasons, I don't know what is.
Yep, goes without saying regardless if you find a show goofy it has a canon, it has a universe which makes it easy ripe for discussion. I see no problem with that.

Quote:
BTW, Old Cartoon does have a canon, not really strong, but its there, no matter what salty fanboys gonna tell you. Talking about salty fanboys:

How much for that pack of salt of yours?
Do you think you can start a salt factory, because, your favorite version of Turtles was forever phased by something "less"? And people will always think about Pizza and Shredder and Krang, when they think about TMNT?
I'll have you know the FW haters here are quite hip. Here's one below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
As it has already been said, the Fred Wolf turtles in Turtles Forever are a parody of the Fred Wolf turtles.
I think this video pretty much sums up how I feel about Turtles Forever:

pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 03:52 PM   #49
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

I don't consider TF canon to the OT Universe. For one thing, the OT Turtles as it portrays them, act too unlike the OT Turtles from the original cartoon. For while the Fred Wolf Turtles had their goofy moments, TF's OT Turtles were overboard in their goofiness, to the point it comes out as OOC. Plus as other people had pointed it out, the OT Turtles didn't act like they even knew the Mirage Turtles when they saw them (in Nick's crossover.)

(Also wanted to mention, I don't remember the OT Turtles showing that they even remembered the Mirage Turtles, or visiting their dimension, if TF takes place any time after the OT cartoon or the Nick crossover. )

So I can't really think of any way to place this somewhere in OT 'canon,' unless it was some heavily alternate timeline where they never met the Nick Turtles, but the 2k3 ones instead, and that this 2k3 is heavily effecting their own universe (why them and their universe becomes unnaturally 'goofy.')
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 05:00 PM   #50
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
The problem with TF is that after it, Technodrome ends up being different from what it was in the OT.
Hence the obvious problem, that it can not be in the early parts of the series, because there - Technodrome is still the same as always.
The Technodrome was changed back to normal with Krang removing the Utrom technology. This happened in old cartoons all the time where something would change and magically come back the next episode.

There's episodes in the OT where there was a robot or something firing in their lair, it blew up their TV and made a huge hole in their couch. In the next episode their TV and couch are back like nothing happened. That's just how things were back then. It was a Saturday Morning cartoon.

Quote:
In the end: it's obvious that creators of TF didn't care about canon of old series. So, all our theories are just theories.
It's more like they didn't watch much of the original cartoon and are completely different writers, of course they're not going to get things done exactly.

Both Turtles Forever and the Nick crossover are canon. The out of character moments are just chalked up to different writers (which is true) who aren't that familiar with the show.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 05:57 PM   #51
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
As it has already been said, the Fred Wolf turtles in Turtles Forever are a parody of the Fred Wolf turtles. They act more like the turtles from TMNT III. So it is a completely different alternate Timeline, of which there could be countless. This is why Ch'rell had to go back to Turtle Prime to destroy them all. Even within Mirage there are alternate universes and timelines. You can't force Turtles Forever into the original Fred Wolf show's timeline.
I think this perfectly describes the Fred Wolf Turtles place in Turtles Forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Christ, could this guy possibly drop some MORE F bombs?
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:14 PM   #52
ToTheNines
[sic]

Phelous is an unfunny douche. Fitting that cferreira is a fan.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:22 PM   #53
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I'm not a fan by any means (I find him quite annoying) but the guy made sense here. Also if you're going to insult me by comparing me to someone you dislike at least get my bl***y handle right!
Old 09-07-2017, 06:27 PM   #54
ToTheNines
[sic]

Did you seriously just self-sensor the word "bloody"? Classic cferreira move.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 09-07-2017 at 07:03 PM.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:37 PM   #55
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Cfrerria? Is the C supposed to stand for Cuck?
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 07:39 PM   #56
ToTheNines
[sic]

Definitely not.
Old 09-08-2017, 03:33 AM   #57
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
No they didn't, that's why the FW TMNT were written like complete idiots.
That's not the only thing, recognizing the different Tecchnodrome locations and how moving it affects the continuity for each season is part of it as well. Something the Turtles Forever writers didn't seem to know.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 09-08-2017 at 05:12 AM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 03:38 AM   #58
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
It could be the vaginal slur the filter won't allow me to write.

Quote:
Yeah, he's not very funny. That review is especially bad, it's basically just whining about the same point over and over again without any wit, he has nothing else to come with because there's really nothing else to complain about.
Hahahaha!

Last edited by neatoman; 09-08-2017 at 03:45 AM.
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 10:35 AM   #59
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Did you seriously just self-sensor the word "bloody"? Classic cferreira move.
I thought swearing wasn't allowed here? Feel free to try and we can report your posts.

Quote:
Yeah, he's not very funny. That review is especially bad, it's basically just whining about the same point over and over again without any wit, he has nothing else to come with because there's really nothing else to complain about.
Or maybe it's because he reflects the actual truth that like Tom Cruise you can't handle?

Quote:
No, To The Nines doesn't check the spelling in his posts. Or he probably writes his posts when he's had one too many.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:43 AM   #60
ToTheNines
[sic]

You bloody wanker!