The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-02-2014, 09:56 PM   #221
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

What are the actual canon mega forms for some of those forked-evolution Digimon like Gatomon and Gomamon? Because I prefer Magnadramon and Plesiomon to the alternatives. Love me some long-necked dino/dragons. And on that note, the only form of Imperialdramon I like is the dragon form.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:52 AM   #222
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
What are the actual canon mega forms for some of those forked-evolution Digimon like Gatomon and Gomamon? Because I prefer Magnadramon and Plesiomon to the alternatives. Love me some long-necked dino/dragons. And on that note, the only form of Imperialdramon I like is the dragon form.
Here you are...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
As for confirmed Megas (ultimates) for the show's characters (and my PSP Digimon Adventure RPG game) I think they were...

Piyomon > Birdramon > Garudamon > Hououmon

Tentomon > Kabuterimon >AtlurKabuterimon > Heracles Kabuterimon

Palmon > Togemon > Lilymon > Rosemon

Gomamon > Ikkakumon > Zudomon > Marine Angemon or either Pleisomon (this was debated years ago, but I'm sure for Jou's Gomamon it's Marine Angemom)

Patamon > Angemon > Holy Angemon > Seraphimon

Plotmon > Tailmon > Angewomon > Holy Dramon (I think it might be Ophanimon for the game but for the anime Holy Dramon...she can evolve to both)

So yeah, Digimon have many evolutionary paths. Some natural (like the Adventure kids' paths) or either a special circumstance (like the 02 group).

I'm not sure if it still exists, but you should look up Megchan's Digimon Encyclopedia.
For the game it is Ophanimon as opposed to Holydramon, but who knows which will be used if they have her go mega in this upcoming series.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 09:00 AM   #223
pharaohyami5000
Thug

Wait. Wasn't Vikemon for 1 of Gomamon's Mega/Ultimate evolution in the PSP Adventure game?

I guess there's no other alternative Ultimate form for Lilymon?
pharaohyami5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 10:09 AM   #224
Allio
Foot Elite

They could go reverse Lalamon and give her Lotusmon
Old 12-03-2014, 10:19 AM   #225
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Well then I'm pretty satisfied with that. I prefer Plesiomon to Vikemon or MarineAngemon, but MarineAngemon is pretty cute too.

Vikemon is butt ugly by the way. Way to make the best Ultimate form turn into something hideous. [Zudomon is incredible, okay? A giant turtle with Thor's hammer?]
Old 12-03-2014, 10:39 AM   #226
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharaohyami5000 View Post
Wait. Wasn't Vikemon for 1 of Gomamon's Mega/Ultimate evolution in the PSP Adventure game?

I guess there's no other alternative Ultimate form for Lilymon?
Oh wait, for the Digimon RPG game I think it is Vikemon for Gomamon...but years ago, I'm pretty sure for Jou's Gomamon, it was MarineAngemon. I haven't unlocked Jou's mega stuff yet. I'm more intent on getting Rosemon and I also haven't played in a while. Between that 7 week hospital visit and now work...kinda busy to play...and I lost my PSP charger. It's someplace. ^^;

Anyway, it's just like how back then, the ultimate (mega) for Tailmon (Gatomon) was Holydramon and was actually used in the series (well, movie 3). For the RPG game it's Ophanimon.

Oh as for Lilymon, she can evolve to Marine Angemon and Holydramon. Surprisingly, Lilymon can naturally evolve to Marine Angemon. For Holydramon, Lilymon has to Jogress evolve with Angewomon.

Who knows what other paths Lilymon has now since I don't keep up with the games very much.

Last edited by ssjup81; 12-03-2014 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Darn typo mistakes
Old 12-03-2014, 05:42 PM   #227
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Ugh. Ophanimon bothers me as a mega for Adventure's Gatomon. **** that ****. I want my fuzzy pink long-necked dragon. Girl Falkor!
Old 12-04-2014, 06:27 AM   #228
Mandy Chan
Random Punk

I love Digimon, so I was really excited when I heard about this. Im so happy I'll get to see Gomamon again ^^.

Mandy Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 09:50 PM   #229
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy Chan View Post
I love Digimon, so I was really excited when I heard about this. Im so happy I'll get to see Gomamon again ^^.
Then don't forget to go to the site and play the nade-nade game so we can get more information about the upcoming series. ^_^

http://digimon-adventure.net/
Old 12-13-2014, 06:58 AM   #230
Shred Head
Hench Mutant

In the words of Izzy prodigious! We finally got a look at he designs from the official poster as well as the logo. Poor Jo everyone is either having a good time or in awe and he's having a panic attack guy cant get a break even in promo artwork.

"Cold steel meets hot flesh! Thats why they call me Slash!"
Shred Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 07:14 AM   #231
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

The third set of information is now released. Staff information and a visual of all 8 Digi-Destined. It looks like Byiomon is next in the information set. Maybe whatever countdown for that will be started up in a week. There has to be some retconning involved. I am interested in how the story will be set up for their adventure to happen considering events of Adventure 02.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nveiled/.82117
Old 12-13-2014, 08:27 AM   #232
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Oh man! I was right! So Mimi is back in Japan! Her uniform is the same as Sora, Yamato, Taichi, and Koushirou's! Takeru and Hikari are in the Odaiba Junior High School Uniform and Jou's looks different from the other high-school aged kids, meaning he's probably going to a good private school (like he did in 02; he was in a private junior high school for that).

I wonder if Koushirou and Mimi will have the same class, like they did when they were at Odaiba Elementary. They'll both be first years, so at least they'll probably interact and stuff. Yeah yeah...showing my bias again for these two. But I am glad Mimi will officially be back as she's a favorite character for me.

I'm becoming more excited! At least we get to see the characters now. The promo poster is okay I guess. Still curious what the story will be and if the 02 cast will make an appearance, but play the "supporting" role like the older kids did in 02.

I can't believe how fast this one took. I so hope they do three eggs again as opposed to just Sora's. I want more info pronto, unless they start with lower hits again, like with the recent three.
Old 12-13-2014, 04:20 PM   #233
pharaohyami5000
Thug

Hmm. Looks nice. I'll watch it regardless, as Digimon is 1 of my favorite shows, even with Young Hunters being such a downgrade.

Wait... Taichi doesn't have his goggles?!
Old 12-13-2014, 05:59 PM   #234
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharaohyami5000 View Post
Hmm. Looks nice. I'll watch it regardless, as Digimon is 1 of my favorite shows, even with Young Hunters being such a downgrade.

Wait... Taichi doesn't have his goggles?!
Why would he? He gave them to Daisuke after his broke in Digimon Advenutre 02.

Daisuke actually has an image theme about the goggles called "Goggleboy". He was pretty much singing about how much he treasured Taichi's goggles and how the goggles are like his own crest of courage and how he wanted to live up to that honor and stuff and treats them preciously.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:00 PM   #235
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Does any one find the new Animation hideous? UGH! If I didn't watch the series myself I'd think they were two different shows.

Matt and T.K look like they were from completely different Anime.

I was so excited for this series too but the new Animation is a major turn off
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 07:10 PM   #236
pharaohyami5000
Thug

The animation looks similar to those Digimon movies. Our War Games, as a sample. Or... I guess the Digimon Movie for the US.
Old 12-13-2014, 09:20 PM   #237
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
Does any one find the new Animation hideous? UGH! If I didn't watch the series myself I'd think they were two different shows.

Matt and T.K look like they were from completely different Anime.

I was so excited for this series too but the new Animation is a major turn off
This. I don't like the new animation at all. I'm hoping this is just stylised promo art.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:32 AM   #238
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
This. I don't like the new animation at all. I'm hoping this is just stylised promo art.
Why does it matter? Last I look, the most important aspect to pretty much anything is plot, story, and characterization. I don't care for this art style myself, but I'm not going to dismiss it for something so trivial. At least it's not as horrid as the art style for Diablomon Strikes Back (movie 4). The movie was okay in a general sense, but the art was pretty bad, but at least the characters acted like themselves and I knew who they were...just like in that promo pic.

Seriously, I've never been big on graphics. Despite hating Knuckles' redesign for Sonic Boom with an extreme passion, I'm still giving the series a fair chance to see how it is. It's entertaining so far....still hate Knuckles' design and I also don't like his portrayal in the series either... They made him completely stupid for this series. All brawn and no brain. -_-

Maybe I'm not as vocal about graphics because I grew up with 8bit game graphics and seeing Atari stuff where you had to use your imagination. I dunno. Simple doesn't bother me.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:59 AM   #239
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Uh, I never said I'm not going to give the show a chance or not watch it just because I don't like the art. I'm still going to watch it, and I'm probably going to love it, and I hope the art grows on me.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:32 AM   #240
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Why does it matter? Last I look, the most important aspect to pretty much anything is plot, story, and characterization. I don't care for this art style myself, but I'm not going to dismiss it for something so trivial. At least it's not as horrid as the art style for Diablomon Strikes Back (movie 4). The movie was okay in a general sense, but the art was pretty bad, but at least the characters acted like themselves and I knew who they were...just like in that promo pic.

Seriously, I've never been big on graphics. Despite hating Knuckles' redesign for Sonic Boom with an extreme passion, I'm still giving the series a fair chance to see how it is. It's entertaining so far....still hate Knuckles' design and I also don't like his portrayal in the series either... They made him completely stupid for this series. All brawn and no brain. -_-

Maybe I'm not as vocal about graphics because I grew up with 8bit game graphics and seeing Atari stuff where you had to use your imagination. I dunno. Simple doesn't bother me.
At least those films I could tell who the characters were, Mimi and Joe I can tell cuz of the hair color and glasses.

Seriously, if I didn't see the first two shows I wouldn't be able to tell if that was Matt and T.K or Tai. They look really different in this series, why the guy's felt they needed to give these characters a complete make over is beyond me
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
digimon