The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > Introductions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2017, 02:55 PM   #1
Dork of 1987
Random Punk

Salutations, Turtle Nerds

I was worried that having joined this forum five years ago albeit never introducing myself and only making one post, I wouldn't be breaking a rule or common sense to make an introduction thread. But I see a member who joined in April of 2015 introduced themself in November 2016, so I guess I'm allowed to say hello?

My Name's Dork of 1987, thou I have no idea why I chose that embarrassing username! I've had an on and off interest in the turtles since I was a preschooler back in the early 90s. I saw the original cartoon back when it was in syndication and was absolutely gaga for them. Action figures, video games, guys in turtle costumes at my birthday, I was bitten by turtlemania but good! I saw the three live action movies in theaters and most of Next Mutation back in the day as well. Once I entered middle school and high school and with the original series over with, Turtles became not a blip on it looked like my case of turtlemania had been cleansed. Even as I heard about the 2003 cartoon and 2007 movie, I never paid much attention to the series. I eventually learned of the comics thanks to ads for the Image Comics series in image reprints of Bone, but never thought the franchise out. It wasn't until I entered a brief period of depression and nostalgia in my early 20s in the mid-2000s that I re-checked out the original cartoon and decided to give the comics a try. I've made about 4 attempts to read all the Mirage comics in order since then, only recently committing myself to marathoning all the comics, shows, movies, and games in release date order. Working in a store that has the new Nickelodeon Turtles everywhere helped a lot. I've been reading old articles on TNMTentity too, so I guess I am offically part of this fandom.

About me. I guess the most important thing to bring up about me is that I have a form of autism. It's hard for me to socialize with ease. I tend to ramble on, underexplain, overexplain, type like English is my fourth language, overcompensate with fancy words, and sometimes say things that get misunderstood as offensive or rude. I know I will say something in the future that will come off as such and I apologize now for any future problems and will apologize again when it does happen. I ask that everyone try to tolerate my behavior and not assume the worst about me when these incidents happen.

If you want to know how well the marathoning is going, I've finished an early chunk of the Mirage comics, spin-offs, cameo appearances, and the first season of the 1987 cartoon. I just finished reading the bizarrely superfluous issue 16, the one with the human girl slash alien thing that needs the turtles to make sure she's born 'normal'. I've read this is the beginning of and the high-point of the guest writer age of the comics. Huh. Well now it's time to start season two of the cartoon.

I'm a sucker for atmosphere. I just ordered about 8 pizzas and I won't watch a frame of the next episode until they arrive! Wish I had the money to try out Michelangelo's makeshift pizza toppings...

So let's get to talking about turtles!

Last edited by Dork of 1987; 01-24-2017 at 03:04 PM.